Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scwarzenegger's Controversy....

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    I don't know what his life is like, but I do know how powerful, self-righteous women can make a man's place in a marriage a hell on Earth.
    It's called taking responsibility for one's own actions. He cannot blame his actions on his wife and neither should you! HE is the one who stepped out of his vows. If one or the other person in a marriage is living in a (usually self-created) "hell on earth", they should take advantage of the legal procedure called DIVORCE.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Mahalo, Ana, a voice of reason.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Kaonohi, what color is the sky in your world?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
          Or, we can face up to the reality that most men (probably not all) are sluts, despite protestations. And that 'men of power,' (loosely defined), are even more likely to roam.

No I don't have statistics, just anecdotes, revelations and experience.

Many women, as well, though in committed relationships, will wander (time permitting ). This too, from anecdotes, revelations and experience.

The REAL question here is, "Why disclose now?" Perhaps he is tired of his marriage, and seeks to 'Terminate' it. I don't know what his life is like, but I do know how powerful, self-righteous women can make a man's place in a marriage a hell on Earth.
          Stop attacking what Kaonohi wrote and read it well!
          There is a lot of truth there about men and women, whether or not 'we' wish to hear it.

No blame is placed, just possible scenarios... sheeesh folks.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

1. I think males of most species are oriented to spread the DNA around, it keeps the species healthier. One prof I had even said a biological reason for war was to do this.

2. If ONLY this scandal had broken when Schwarzenegger was running for gov. I look at him as a cunning, cynical, basically selfish politician who, like GW bush, never gave a damn about how much damage he did. He left California a wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              Stop attacking what Kaonohi wrote and read it well!
              There is a lot of truth there about men and women, whether or not 'we' wish to hear it.

No blame is placed, just possible scenarios... sheeesh folks.
              hey, I only took issue with one statement he made. I'm not arguing with the rest. I took issue with his putting the blame on "powerful, self righteous women" which I don't believe Maria Shriver is. She is strong and self assertive, but self righteous just doesn't compute where she is concerned.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

He just wanted to pump, you up.
                Hear me now, believe my later.

Comment

Stolen from Twitter, via "TheTweetOfGod":

The Bible has a word for the kind of man who would father a child by a member of his household staff. And that word is "Abraham."

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                    Kaonohi, what color is the sky in your world?
                    Is "facing up to reality" a color?
                    Some people think I'm blaming one or the other of them; I'm not. I'm just stating a few facts as I have experienced them.

I probably should have brought up spouse abuse by males (in addition to cheating, which I view as a form of spouse abuse) but I didn't think it was relevant to the subject.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

BTW: I fully acknowledge that in my 'youth' (i.e., 16-30) I was one of those male 'sluts.' (Yes, boys can be sluts; even more so than the 'fairer gender.')

I'm not bragging. I was hormonally driven (though I'm not using that as an excuse!), horney and attracted to women - who were reciprocally attracted, and some were as dismissive of marriage vows as was I. That is: it's not just a boy thing, though in the 60's and 70's it was considered that men who strayed were 'normal,' and women who did were 'socially ostracized,' or worse. NOT FAIR!!!

Get it: Some boys and girls cheat, and some men and women make vows they can adhere to, and some others can make agreements that let them recognize their sexual drives and variety while maintaining a happy relationship (look up "Polyamory," lots of folks are doing it.)

As long as it's a mutually understood and accepted agreement - no harm.

When you make a promise to fidelity and can't keep it - shame on you - until you learn it's not nice to hurt other people - especially people you love.
                      If you make a promise, keep it. Or, don't make the promise.

Ahhhnold, you been a bad, bad boy!
                      Last edited by Kaonohi; May 18, 2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: What do YOU care????
                      ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        It's called taking responsibility for one's own actions. He cannot blame his actions on his wife and neither should you! HE is the one who stepped out of his vows. If one or the other person in a marriage is living in a (usually self-created) "hell on earth", they should take advantage of the legal procedure called DIVORCE.
                        No argument. We are in accord. I regret my comments were misleading.
                        ~ ~

Comment

So Maria seems to have hired a divorce attorney, I think she may have even filed. Sad. No sympathy to Arnold, of course, but having seen the horrible stress divorce puts on kids...well lets just say the kids don't deserve it one bit. If there is any way Maria can forgive Arnold enough to at least keep the marriage together on paper, and to maintain a home for the children, she would be saving the children a ton of grief and pain. In a similar situation Mrs. Clinton was able to forgive Bill, although there was no pregnancy involved. The kids are innocent, their world is being torn apart in front of their eyes. Its the kind of hurt that harms a whole life.

Comment

Those celebrity kids have either been brought up properly or not. If they have, no problem, they can always drive, or be driven, in their new Lambo's to see daddy with his newest bimbos. If not, they were doomed from the start. BTW, anybody see today's Luckowich? "I am back from the future to kick myself in the butt".
                            Last edited by Ron Whitfield; May 19, 2011, 10:08 AM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                              [...]No sympathy to Arnold, of course, but having seen the horrible stress divorce puts on kids...well lets just say the kids don't deserve it one bit. If there is any way Maria can forgive Arnold enough to at least keep the marriage together on paper, and to maintain a home for the children, she would be saving the children a ton of grief and pain.[...]
                              I dunno, Kalalau. This is a subject with which I have first hand experience. The only thing worse for the kids than divorce is staying together for their sake in a loveless marriage fraught with a lack of respect and trust. It's a very poor example to set for the 2 younger children who still live at home and, more than likely, it would be a home filled with tension. I'm assuming the 2 older children are on their own but I could be wrong.

Something else to consider is that all the dirty laundry is being aired in the media for the 4 (now 5) children to see, hear and read. There's no keeping the down and dirty details from the kids.

The kids are the biggest losers and lose, no matter what. There's no way around it. It appears to me that Arnold didn't care. He thought of his p3n!$ before he thought of his family. And there's in-their-face evidence that dates back 13 years. His wife and his mistress were pregnant at exactly the same time and delivered within 5 days of each other. I'm amazed and disappointed that the maid continued to work in the household. Personally, I feel it's best to cut the collateral damage.
                              Last edited by tutusue; May 19, 2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Ahnold, The Sperminator
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X