• Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol, Season 10

DAYAM...
    I'm so disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      But as a lot of us have said over the years, it's impossible to tell what the young voters will do. Most of the time their final votes are, well, stupid. I won't be surprised if that happens again this year.
      And mere hours later BAM! we see that yes, a lot of the voters are stupid. Clearly AI's entire voting system is stupid. And geez, 72 million votes last night! EEK.
      Lauren should have been the one voted off, but when was instead the first one saved, I knew trouble was coming.
      James was never once in the bottom group!
      Well, tomorrow he'll have agents and labels knocking at his door. Daughtry didn't win and went on to good contracts and a good career so far (and Adam Lambert too), so I'm sure James will do at least as well as those two.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

A very disappointing result. James was a very much better and a more interesting entertainer than Lauren.

Comment

Evidently the age group of the average HTer isn't the age group that votes. Additionally, The Rockers never win on AI, do they?
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

A friend sent me a link to this James Durbin interview today that was in USA TODAY. Very good interview!

Comment

Tonight one more gets cut from the Top 3, and the finale is next week.
              I'm really glad Scotty is there, but I still think James Durbin and Pia Toscano should be there instead of Lauren and Haley.
              I hope it's Scotty and Haley going to the finale, and Scotty winning it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Tonight one more gets cut from the Top 3, and the finale is next week.
                I'm really glad Scotty is there, but I still think James Durbin and Pia Toscano should be there instead of Lauren and Haley.
                I hope it's Scotty and Haley going to the finale, and Scotty winning it.
                Half right. It's Scotty and Lauren going to the finale, and Haley went home.
                And there were 95 million votes!

The most shocking thing to me yesterday was that an entertainment critic for Associated Press wrote that he thought Lauren was just like Carrie Underwood. The only similarity between Lauren and Carrie is that they're both female. Lauren wouldn't have a miniscule chance of even being a backup singer for Carrie. Sheesh.

Comment

My predictions fell by the wayside when James got dumped - enjoyed the finale, which (1) seemed very much like a celebration, and (2) showed much more respect to the top 11 (12? 13?) than past seasons have shown to those who were cut along the way.

Comment

Let's see any of the 'Idols' come anywhere near this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T89HO_qIMyo
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Enter...entid=29377009

Will she do better than the one who won?

Comment

Isn't that the guy (and the record company) who was mentoring the contestants each week?
                        Will she do better than the one who won?
                        Time will tell. And, they're completely different genres. Record deals usually include concerts. Pia, a wonderful singer, just didn't have enough pizzazz for my taste...something I think is needed for live performance. But, that's just me!

Comment

Working...
                        X