Christian Bale: From Rant to Rave Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian Bale: From Rant to Rave Music

Christian Bale is the same guy who got arrested for assaulting his mother and sister about a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Christian Bale is the same guy who got arrested for assaulting his mother and sister about a year ago.
      Yes, but the charges were dropped.

Incidentally, the tirade came after a few days of being arrested and initially charged with the above.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

What will Bill O'Reilly say?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBr7L...eature=related

Comment

I have to agree with Tutusue... Bale could have handled it better. I can understand him shouting a cuss word or two. But after that he should have turned to the director and had the director deal with it.

Even at my low-budget level I've seen "talent" take themselves too seriously and drag the rest of the cast and crew down with them. So in my own world I like to keep it low key and upbeat.

No one got killed. Nobody lost a limb. So how bad can it be? Take two.

Comment

Ron Howard backs up Bale on Howard Stern's show:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xOCkDzbyNE

About Bale assaulting his Mom and Sister... it was a 'verbal' assault. He visited them in their hotel room, and they got into a loud argument. His sister said they did not call the cops... probably someone in the hotel reported a disturbance.

Comment

Christian Bale's Public Apology for the Tirade on KROQ.

As Obama said, "This is an era of responsibility." Glad that he responded to the tirade. He fessed up that he acted like a punk.

Comment

How many apologies have been made by public figures this week? There were Christian Bale, Michael Phelps, Miley Cyrus, and A-Rod.

Comment

How many apologies have been made by public figures this week? There were Christian Bale, Michael Phelps, Miley Cyrus, and A-Rod.
                  How many of them were acceptable? For me, it's 3 of the 4 above.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    How many of them were acceptable? For me, it's 3 of the 4 above.
                    Which one was acceptable?
                    I'm fine with the Christian Bale and Michael Phelps apologies. But, the Miley Cyrus apology was weak, and to do the slanting eyes pose after the Spain basketball team did it at the Olympics. A-Rod never really apologized for using steroids, he probably will make a lawyer's written apology later.

Comment

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've been in situations where everything lines up for the proverbial "perfect storm" and I've come unglued. Has nobody else? All of you are saints who cast no stones into glass houses?

For me, I've had an incredibly crappy past few months and it's all I could do to not pull something like that... maybe I did. But I can see if everything lines up perfectly and some tool comes along and pulls some crap, maybe I might snap like that.

Sure, there's "no excuse," but think about it, if everything has completely fallen apart, then maybe you might lose it...

It might not be "right" to do it, but sometimes things in life aren't right, are they?

Sorry, but I'm not passing judgement just yet.

Comment

What happened is between Bale and the DP and the others on the set. From all reports, the issue was resolved immediately after, and everyone's fine with it. This is really no one else's business. I didn't even think Bale needed to issue an apology, but I guess he needed to repair his image.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                          What happened is between Bale and the DP and the others on the set. From all reports, the issue was resolved immediately after, and everyone's fine with it. This is really no one else's business. I didn't even think Bale needed to issue an apology, but I guess he needed to repair his image.
                          If the issue have been resolved, then someone should not have leaked the audio to the public. I don't think the DP intentionally or unknowingly released it, but someone did, just to assassinate Bale's character and image.

Comment

I don't think the DP intentionally or unknowingly released it, but someone did, just to assassinate Bale's character and image.
                            Or the reverse. Someone may have leaked the tape to assassinate Shane Hurlbut’s character. People in society give actors a tremendous amount of leeway. They’re supposed to be dramatic. That’s their job. Hurlbut's job on the other hand, is to ensure fantabulous filming and lighting conditions for each scene, with minimal to zero disruption with the principles, otherwise referred to in the industry as: the talent. On that part, he failed spectacularly, and the events are recorded for all to hear. The general public not only knows how Hurlbut screwed up, but how many times he did it in a single film.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

If the issue have been resolved, then someone should not have leaked the audio to the public. I don't think the DP intentionally or unknowingly released it, but someone did, just to assassinate Bale's character and image.
                              The audio did not necessarily have to be released by whoever was on the set on that day. When the executive producers heard what happened, they had to give the audio to the insurance company, bcs he threatened to walk if the DP was still on the job. So, it could have been released by someone on the production staff or insurance company, just for kicks.

I really feel awful for him. Four minutes of his life is taken out of context and played out for the world to trash and ridicule. If someone released four minutes of the worst rant of my life, I'd want to kill myself... especially if I couldn't really explain what happened. I don't even know why I feel the need to defend him... maybe I'm reacting to something that happened in my childhood.

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                              Or the reverse. Someone may have leaked the tape to assassinate Shane Hurlbut’s character. People in society give actors a tremendous amount of leeway. They’re supposed to be dramatic. That’s their job. Hurlbut's job on the other hand, is to ensure fantabulous filming and lighting conditions for each scene, with minimal to zero disruption with the principles, otherwise referred to in the industry as: the talent. On that part, he failed spectacularly, and the events are recorded for all to hear. The general public not only knows how Hurlbut screwed up, but how many times he did it in a single film.
                              That's an interesting thought. Shane is reportedly known as a pr*ck in the industry. People in the industry are applauding Bale for telling him off.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                                Or the reverse. Someone may have leaked the tape to assassinate Shane Hurlbut’s character. People in society give actors a tremendous amount of leeway.
                                Not most people. If that was the intention above, then it was backfired because the initial public reaction is directed against Christian, not Shane.

Comment

Working...
                                X