Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Just a reminder, if anyone spots those telltale trailers anywhere, I'd love to hear about it.
    As you know from last year, my friend who's a supervisor on the Lost crew said the location schedules are protected as tightly as the crown jewels. Or the family jewels. I'll sure pass along anything I pick up (to you, via PM or e-mail), but.
    He did mention that Jimmy Buffett was on the set for a few days, a couple of weeks ago. Apparently he'll be in one of the episodes, but I don't know whether it will be as himself or as an 'extra'. Something fun to watch for, though!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Peripherally about "Lost," what happened to that oh-so-heavily promoted show "Day Break" which was supposed to replace it during this off period? I haven't seen a promo for it in months. Was it that bad?
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        As you know from last year, my friend who's a supervisor on the Lost crew said the location schedules are protected as tightly as the crown jewels.
        Of course. But there are a variety of ways to get the information, from fostering your own inside contacts to having a friendly network of eagle-eyed friends who ping you the moment they see those trailers up the street. And when I show up? Much of the crew knows by now that I'm a cooperative fellow who exhibits a fair amount of discretion. I stay out of their way, observe and document, and buzz off when asked.

I don't want to make trouble or spoil any fun (for anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled), but I certainly don't mind feeding the hunger out there for "LOST" news... especially during the hiatus. Heck, if it wasn't for production news, some fans would've wilted away completely!
        Originally posted by Linkmeister
        Peripherally about "Lost," what happened to that oh-so-heavily promoted show "Day Break" which was supposed to replace it during this off period?
        As noted in the "Day Break" thread, it was unceremoniously killed on short notice early in December. That mid-season filler was replaced by another mid-season filler, "In Case of Emergency." Apparently it could be doing better in the ratings, too. I bet ABC is just about as impatient for "LOST" to return as its fans.
        Last edited by pzarquon; January 12, 2007, 07:56 AM.

Comment

The thread about Day Break is in The Tube forum.

I think it lasted six episodes before being canned.

Comment

Rabbett from IRH.com shot the following pictures this past November:

1. The now familiar Mr. Cluck's chicken place... again:

http://www.hotspotshawaii.com/irhpag...land/lost1.jpg

2. Mr. Cluck's chicken van in front of green screen:

http://www.hotspotshawaii.com/irhpag...land/lost2.jpg

So I guess we can expect another Hurley flashback at this location soon.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Looks like the Producers of LOST are in talks with ABC about a possible end date to the series. I always felt the show would last no more than 5 seasons. Also next year it looks as if the series will air consecutively like "24" does. I always tape "24" and then watch it over Memorial Day weekend all at once so I don't have to wait and watch it week to week. I guess I will do this with LOST, however it will be hard to avoid all of the spoilers and leaks that go over the web. At least with "24" you pretty know that Jack Bauer will save the day on the final episode, I would hate to find out a castmember of LOST is killed off in February and in May while I watch the whole series at once, already know this. Maybe I have to change my viewing habits or something....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

KalihiBoy

Comment

Yes, I am definitely waiting for the story to climax and come to an end. All deserving serials need to be ended in a planned way instead of waiting for low ratings and the network axe to fall in the middle of a storyline series.

This can be done as it was with the TV show Babylon 5 which at its inception defintiely had its entire story planned out as a 5 year arc, even though much of the end story was squeezed into the 4th year on the thought that cancellation would come that year. That series got a repreive when the TNT network picked it up for the 5th year and episodes were produced to fulfill that.

The definitely should avoid a burnout like The X Files as alluded to in the linked article previously noted.

Hopefully with a good plan and a definite commitment by the network to stick to the plan, Lost can come to an end and "bow out gracefully".

Surely after the series end, the TV industry in Hawaii will have a void to be filled, and hopefully another series can come in and successfully take Lost's place.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The writers/directors/producers made an interesting parallel with Rowlings and Harry Potter. Her "Seven books and done" gave the whole thing an endpoint up front, which meant that the readers at least had a clue of what to expect in the last book.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Sighting- King @ Isenberg over at Rudy's Flowers.

Comment

Er...maybe that's Beretania and Isenberg? And when was this?

Comment

Saw all the trailers lined up on Isenberg St., by Old Stadium Park yesterday afternoon. But, they were not there today so don't know if they were finished or not.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Rudy's Flowers has a sign on the door that reads, "Rudy's Flowers Got LOST. Get LOST Too! March 28, 2007." It will play Tustin Ranch Florist for a Locke flashback.

As noted earlier, in February we'll see the UH Medical School, Nuuanu Ave., McClain's Auctions (again), Fort Street at S. King, Waimanalo Beach, Fort Street at Chapin Lane... basically, some great location shoots to look forward to!

Also, the wife just noticed the official synopsis for the Valentine's Day episode of LOST (airing Feb. 14) includes the following casting notes: "Guest starring are Sonya Walger as Penny Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Shishir Kurup as Donovan, Fionnula Flanagan as Ms. Hawking, Katie Doyle as receptionist, Jeremy Colvin as delivery man, Michael Titterton as bartender and David Cordell as Jimmy Lennon."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                            Also, the wife just noticed the official synopsis for the Valentine's Day episode of LOST (airing Feb. 14) includes the following casting notes: "Guest starring are Sonya Walger as Penny Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Shishir Kurup as Donovan, Fionnula Flanagan as Ms. Hawking, Katie Doyle as receptionist, Jeremy Colvin as delivery man, Michael Titterton as bartender and David Cordell as Jimmy Lennon."
                            Well, how many English-accented actors can you find in Hawaiʻi?

Comment

The Star-Bulletin has announced a "LOST" contest:

Get 'Lost' and win valuable collectibles
                              All it takes to win is some clever analysis -- or lucky guesses. The person who answers the most questions with the greatest accuracy wins. The winner will be announced once the last question is answered on the show, or at the end of the season, whichever comes first.

1. Who will die next and how will that person die?
                              2. What will happen to Ben Linus/Henry Gale on the operating table?
                              3. What caused the paralysis in Locke's legs?
                              4. Where will Claire and Charlie's relationship go?
                              5. What will happen with the Kate-Sawyer-Jack love triangle?
                              Good thing they said "end of the season," because my bet is questions four and five won't be definitively answered until the end of the series... which could be 2008, 2009, or later if there's a movie to cap it all off! The top prize, by the way, is a signed full set of the character miniatures from McFarlane Toys.

Comment

StarBulletin.com running a story on "Lost" locations today.

Location, location, location

The real inside story on "Lost" is how Oahu is transformed each week into sites from Africa to utopia

Providing a canvas: Crafting the world out of Oahu is as hard it sounds -- involving complex scouting and alterations
                                "Lost" resume broadcasts for 16 episodes starting this Wednesday at 9 PM (Hawaii Time) on KITV 4. (ABC)
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X