"Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

So was I but there is always the hope that she was not killed or perhaps cannot be killed.

Comment

Or whoever was doing the shooting switched to non-lethal ammo. Karl on the other hand looks like he was killed.

Comment

I'm bummed that the French woman was killed as well. How does Aaron count as being one of the Oceanic Six survivors? Is Tom really still alive, I didn't get his sequence with Michael. Did some of these events take place before Tom was killed?

Aj

Comment

I dont think Danielle is dead at all. Maybe it's cuz I still am itching to see a Danielle flashback episode. Karl, however, I think is gone.

Comment

My wife and I blogged our take on "Meet Kevin Johnson" last night. Yes, everything we see happen to Tom occurred prior to his return to the island and death on the beach at the hands of Sawyer. The timeline is pretty darn tight, but consistent. I'm bummed about Danielle (less so about Karl), and take solace only in the fact that gunshots and other wounds aren't reliably fatal on this island.

It was fun to see Kewalo Basin as the "Port of Suva," and Merchant Street and Bethel Street serve as New York (though are the streets ever that empty?). Anyone know where Michael's mother's house was? Or the pawn shop? The yellow and red neon in the window reminded me of the shop on Keeaumoku.

The return of Libby was... odd. It's got me wondering if it was entirely a vision, or something else.

So. No new "LOST" until April 24. Here's hoping we'll see them working hard out and about in the mean time!

Comment

Question I have why was it hinted sort of that Tom is gay in this episode, what did that have to do with the overall storyline? Unless quite possibly this is a hint to a story they might do on Tom, he is one of the few "Others" characters I'd like to have learned more about. The other is that guy who we haven't seen this season, I cannot think of his name, but I see him acting on another show. He is the one who recruited Julia and appears not to have aged in one episode he has long hair and is seen with a young Ben. Anyone know his name and why he hasn't been brought back this year unless he is too busy with working on another show?

Aj

Comment

I watched the episode a second time (taped it last night). In the scene where Michael is in the hospital and when visiting his mother there are Christmas decorations in the background. Also Michael's mom mention that he and Walt was gone for 2 months so with flight 815 crashing in late September, that would be put that in scene in late November, for sure after Thanksgiving since places tend to place Chirstmas decorations around that time.

Don't know how long Michael was in the hospital.

One thing that episode does not really answer is what happen to Michael and Walt between the time they left the island (I wish that island had a name) and returning to New York. Was there another vessel out there? Or another port?

Other things overall:
                1. No mention of Christmas Day on the island or on the ship, few episodes ago with Desmond had he and Penny calling on Christmas Eve
                2. I suspect that there is another spy for Ben on the boat. I don't think Michael put the note "Don't trust the Captain" to Sayid and Desmond. Michael was trying to avoid contacting those two. Plus while Michael did the deed of destorying the radio and the ship's engines I don't think he is responsible for the crew going nuts. I think the ship's doctor might be responsible for that.
                3. As far as the person in the coffin at the end of season 3. For sure it's not Kate or Aaron. Sun is back in Korea, Michael and Walt are New York based and wouldn't be in the paper. It might be Miles because he was based in Los Angeles.
                4. As far who was shooting at Alex and company at the end, it could be Charlotte, since she was with Locke's group for awhile and knows who is who.
                5. I am kind of wondering how does Widmore know about Ben? He knows the island exist but how does he know who is on it?
                Last edited by helen; March 21, 2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Is Widmore a stockholder or partial owner of Oceanic Airlines? I'd hate to think that his whole premise and the premise of the show was to seperate Desmond from his daughter. That seems far-fetched that he would go to that deal of great length. A story on Widmore probably needs to be done as well.

Looks like in one scene they CGI'd Walt looking out the window, it looks like the young Walt, not the one grown up and aged 3 years in real life.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                    The other is that guy who we haven't seen this season, I cannot think of his name, but I see him acting on another show. He is the one who recruited Julia and appears not to have aged in one episode he has long hair and is seen with a young Ben. Anyone know his name and why he hasn't been brought back this year unless he is too busy with working on another show?
                    That would be Nestor Carbonell playing Richard Alpert and the other show is Cane.

Comment

Thanks. I guess Nestor will be able to film scenes for LOST now considering CANE was canceled recently.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        As far as the person in the coffin at the end of season 3. For sure it's not Kate or Aaron. Sun is back in Korea, Michael and Walt are New York based and wouldn't be in the paper.
                        I could have sworn at some time during the coffin episode or one after it, there was a reference to "The Man from/in New York" as being the one in the coffin.
                        Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                        Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Boom! There is no filler in tonight's episode. Open to close, it is pure OMFG.

You will be entertained.

My favorite parts:
                          1. The bad-ass return of Smokey. Go get 'em Smokey... sic balls, Chopper!
                          2. The evil smirk on Ben's face once he realizes he's roped Sayid into working for him. Delicious evil!
                          3. Opening shot of Kate nearly pulling her tank top off. Giggity giggity giggity.

But so many more questions!
                          1. So Sayid thinks Ben was stranded on the island? Wha-happen?
                          2. Why can't Ben kill Widmore?
                          3. What are the rules?
                          4. How the hell does Ben teleport to the Tunisian desert, and why does he not know what day/year it is? (We do know that teleportation makes you hurl Powerade.)
                          5. Why are there not more shots of Kate nearly pulling her tank top off?

Comment

So 3 Oceanic 815 characters (only extras) got killed, Alex herself got shot, Naida dying off-screen, a house exploding but Claire made it out okay.

As far as the beach scenes I had the impression that the ship's doctor was another plant by Ben on the ship.

And it was a flash forward for Ben.

Comment

Jen and I blogged our take on last night's episode. A pretty terrific ride. Lots of action, some big reveals, and more Emmy-worthy acting by Michael Emerson.

Locations? Iraq was a back lot at Honolulu Community College. The Tunisian hotel was, surprisingly, the downtown YWCA. (Surprising because the same courtyard and pool area appeared prominently a couple of years ago as a mosque in Australia.) The Sahara Desert was a rock quarry (per an earlier article on "LOST") but I'm not sure which. And I don't know where London, England, was.

Comment

Tunisia........

Like Charlotte finding a Dharma collar on a polar bear skeleton Tunisia?

Methinks there is a portal. Perhaps a one way portal? One that Ben has used before hence the VIP treatment at the hotel and curious looks from the receptionist.

Tunisia.......
                                You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Working...
                                X