Aloha O'ahu.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha O'ahu.

Aloha! I am planning to move to O'ahu from California in a few months. I have been looking to rent in a nice neighnorhood - especially one in a great public school district. I was wondering, does anyone know where the best public schools are for an elementary school education?

I also need to find job. I'm a recent college graduate who is attracted to the diverse employment possibilities in O'ahu. Is anyone familiar with any of the law firms on O'ahu? Mahalos!

Christina
    Last edited by vfosson; September 30, 2006, 07:48 PM. Reason: name

Re: Aloha O'ahu.

Aloha Christina...and good luck with your move...

I would check the Hawaii threads Classroom Link to find out more about schools.

good luck and you can use the search function to type in more specific key words.

Comment

Thanks alot!

Comment

What kind of info do you need about law firms here? are you an attorney or paralegal? just curious - there are quite a few law firms here so you need to be a little more specific. I've worked for a couple so I do have a little knowledge.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

A friend of mine moved to Manoa for the sole purpose of putting his daughter in Noelani Elementary, a public school. Manoa is a great neighborhood and like the rest of Oahu...very pricey.

Maybe Lavagal will chime in about Koko Head Elementary, another public school, in Hawaii Kai.

Comment

I myself would say it's an excellent school and excellent neighborhood....

I myself like to recommend Nuuanu Elementary School if you can get a Geographic Exemption.

However, if you can find a 2 brm for under $2000 per month in the Geographic area of Noelani I would be impressed.
            Last edited by damontucker; September 30, 2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              [...]However, if you can find a 2 brm for under $2000 per month in the Geographic area of Noelani I would be impressed.
              Indeed! Of course, that will hold true for renting in any 'nice neighborhood'.

Comment

I know of a family in manoa that rents their yard out for parking! $60.00 per month times 4 cars = $240 per month .... X 9 months = a nice little piece of side change for them....

Comment

Hi there, I am not an attorney OR paralegal. I'm a recent grad - BA in English and Pre-Law from Santa Clara University. I begin working for Heller Ehrman tommorrow as a temp doing HR. I plan on going to law school in a few years. Right now I'd like to exloplore career opportunities in a law firm for experience and information. I'm aiming to move to O'ahu before Christmas, but there don's seem to be many career opportunities on Monster.

PS I'm so glad I found Hawai'i Threads, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X