Loretta Ables-Sayre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loretta Ables-Sayre

Local gal and one of my all time fave people, Loretta Ables-Sayer, will be featured on a segment on the show in a few minutes. She's currently on Broadway. Gotta go and hit the DVR button!!!

Re: The Today Show...now!

"Steals the show"...

Whatta terrific segment with Jamie Gangel. There's already Tony Awards buzz surrounding Loretta. According to Gangel the show, South Pacific (Loretta plays Bloody Mary), doesn't open until tonight! It's been in previews. Tony buzz? Already! Incredible!

This wonderful lady, who turned 50 just last week, is so deserving. Talent abounds. I think I need to do a compilation DVD of all her auditions in my office and send it to her...a gag reminder of "you've come a long way, baby!". Not that she needs the reminder, of course. Now to find all those tapes.

And, yes, the interview this morning talks about her age. No secret!

ETA: Admin, please change the title of this thread to "Loretta Ables Sayre" or another, more appropriate title! Sorry, I was initially in a hurry!
    Last edited by tutusue; April 3, 2008, 10:34 AM. Reason: update to admin

Comment

Loretta Ables-Sayre

Here's the link to Loretta's Today Show interview. She's also the "cover girl" on this week's MidWeek! Can you tell that I'm thrilled for her?

Comment

I've been reading all the stories about Loretta and I am just so happy for
        her!!!! She is just total talent and an all round nice person, success like
        this couldn't have happened to a better soul. I'll never forget her kindness,
        we'd been to Lewers Lounge like once or twice over the course of a couple
        years and when we went back one time she acknowledged us from the stage
        and then sang a song for us and it happened to be our anniversary which she
        didn't have a way of knowing and it was just so very special. I really wish her more roles in NYC and much more deserved success to come! I'll check out those links - thanks so much, I missed it the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
          [...]I'll check out those links - thanks so much, I missed it the other day.
          You're welcome! Here's the MidWeek link!

I'll be keeping my eye on the Tony Award nominees. Whatta coup that'd be for a first timer...and from Hawaii, no less!

GO, LORETTA!!!

Comment

Re: Loretta Ables-Sayre

Bless Loretta's heart...she was able to get online very late (her time) tonight and send links I hadn't yet found...

The Evening News with Lester Holt...a shortened and slightly re-edited version of the Today Show interview...where she's called "The real American Idol...with a twist"!

Video from opening night...

Photos from the cast party after opening night...

Originally the show was accepting ticket requests thru June 08 and is now, after only a few performances, extended to January 09. WOW!

Did anyone see the 1958 movie with the color filter changes?
            Last edited by tutusue; April 6, 2008, 08:32 PM. Reason: Thanks for the title change, PZ!

Comment

I've seen the color movie with Mary Martin, and I saw it done by a high school musical troupe back on the East Coast years ago. I love this show. I sang Bali Hai for an audition in a high school musical and got a bit part. I am thrilled for Loretta. I think she and Dave ought to reconsider repurchasing the home they had on Nawiliwili in Koko Kai, now that she's rich and famous! It has been totally made over and now sports a new for sale sign on it! (I wish I could buy it!)
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                I've seen the color movie with Mary Martin,[...]
                Hmmm...might that have been Mitzi Gaynor? Oceanic has (had?) South Pacific as a free movie on demand. I watched it over the holidays. Those color filters...yikes!
                I sang Bali Hai for an audition in a high school musical and got a bit part.
                Can't wait for you to show up at an HT gathering...
                I am thrilled for Loretta. I think she and Dave ought to reconsider repurchasing the home they had on Nawiliwili in Koko Kai, now that she's rich and famous![...]
                While this play is making Loretta famous, it'll take more than this one to make her rich, LG!!! It's none of my business what she makes but she did sign on as an unknown. Loretta richly deserves to make big bucks from her very accomplished acting and singing chops. Long overdue, imnsho.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                  [...]I sang Bali Hai for an audition in a high school musical and got a bit part.[...]
                  Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  [...]Can't wait for you to show up at an HT gathering...
                  Is that why you didn't show up at yesterday's picnic, LG? I was all set to audition you in front of everyone!

Just heard from Bloody Mary and the cast has finished recording the soundtrack. It will be available on May 27th. Amazon.com is doing presales now.

Comment

Isn't she a Radford grad?
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Is that why you didn't show up at yesterday's picnic, LG? I was all set to audition you in front of everyone!

Just heard from Bloody Mary and the cast has finished recording the soundtrack. It will be available on May 27th. Amazon.com is doing presales now.
                      Not that I would have had a chance, but we did have a family emergency yesterday, so it wasn't possible for me to make it. One of these days I'll get to attend an HT event. By the way, our emergency is, I think, resolved. Fingers crossed. I'm not so sure I have the range I did when I was 16 when I sang Bali Hai!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Yep...Radford grad, '76.

Comment

Tony Nominee!

Originally posted by ...me! View Post
                          [...]
                          I'll be keeping my eye on the Tony Award nominees. Whatta coup that'd be for a first timer...and from Hawaii, no less!

GO, LORETTA!!!
                          Well...it certainly didn't take long! She's been nominated for a Tony for Best Featured Actor. I'm thrilled!

Comment

Attagirls for Loretta, that's for sure. And let's be sure to remember a big mahalo to her supporting cast member, Dave Sayre, her biggest fan. This news is so sweet. I'm really happy for them. Let's hope Loretta gets to give an acceptance speech!
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Absolutely...Attaboys for Dave, who keeps the home fires burning while traveling back and forth to NYC.

Comment

Working...
                              X