• Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Wishlist

I like mayonnaise.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      I like mayonnaise.
      Then MAYO get everything you wish for this Christmas.
      There - a pun AND a return to topic. Is that worth extra points?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio

Then MAYO get everything you wish for this Christmas.
        There - a pun AND a return to topic. Is that worth extra points?
        I need to put on my winter boots...the "snow" in here is getting too deep.

Comment

you think it's funny, but it's snot

Comment

Here are a few photos from today:

Noreen Nakaoka of Zori Zori Inc., Locals Slippers distributor

Our own 1stWahine, Auntie Lynn, in front of Pupule Hale with plenny slippahs!

Look da pile slippahs behind Auntie Lynn!

Full size images can be seen here: http://www.zztype.com/gallery/view_a...mName=album110

KHON might have a story on the party for tonight's 10 p.m. news. The Star-Bulletin will have a story about the whole episode to run on Christmas Day.

Mahalo nui to all who lent their support to this wild and crazy Christmas Wish.

Blaine
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Yo Auntie Pupule -

You my hero!!!! While you may think you kidding yourself w/ this mayoral thing... more unselfish acts like this, and not only will you have my vote...but MANY MANY MORE..... If you truly are looking to run... I'll Hold a sign for you for a few hours....

No let Kimo get under your skin... I think he only playing...

Where I get my my Auntie Pupule for Gov shirt?

And also... if you have any left over slippahs.... might I recommend you hold on to em for those that "fo" "get" them somewhere... and then you can set up the....

"Auntie Pupule Lost Slippah fund... come gettem before you get a lickin fund"

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                We have a Neighborhood Watch Walk that I am a part of. I am not afraid to turn in anyone I suspect of being drug houses or drug users to HPD. I am sick and tired of my neighborhood being dangerous for the children!

I fight back!
                Good for you, Auntie Lynn. Those kids need you!

You all did great for those keiki. If it's not too late, I'd like to contribute. I don't know how I missed it -- my HT time has been sporadic lately. Anyone can send me a pm if it's not too late.

Comment

Manoasurfer123, As soon as my shirts are printed and ready to go, I'll let you know. Theres no charge. I'll throw in a button too.

Thanks for the advice about the left over slippahs. But there was no need. My son and I decided that to offer the rest to the Adults and you should have seen and heard the cheers and happy faces! It was a sight to be seen!

The best part of the night was when I heard my son telling Blaine that this was better than being in Iraq. To see the joy and happiness in these kids to have what little they can have compared to what the kids in Iraq have to go through.

To have my son standing next to me giving out slippahs to the kids of MHW and not in a War Zone was overwhelming for me many times tonight. When I went up to give my speech to the crowd, I broke down. At the end I simply said, No matter where you live, no matter how old you are...never give up making wishes and believing. Wishes do come TRUE!

Auntie Lynn

P.S. MadAzza, Donations still can be sent to zztype through his email. Thank you for caring.

KHON2 filmed the Christmas Party. It will be shown after the weather segment tonight.

Pictures can be seen @ http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; December 22, 2005, 09:23 PM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

To have my son standing next to me giving out slippahs to the kids of MHW and not in a War Zone was overwhelming for me many times tonight. When I went up to give my speech to the crowd, I broke down. At the end I simply said, No matter where you live, no matter how old you are...never give up making wishes and believing. Wishes do come TRUE!
                    What an emotionally moving moment that must have been, Auntie. Big high-five's and "atta-boys" to you, TutuSue & friends, Blaine and everyone else who contributed their time, manpower and monetary donations to help make this simple idea of giving, that was born right here on this message board, become a reality for the keiki and residents of Mayor Wright Housing tonight. Now wouldn't it be great if others followed your lead in helping to fulfill similar needs for keiki elsewhere? I'll be looking forward to reading all about it in the Christmas Day edition of the online HSB.

P.S. - I'll gladly be accepting any green chiclets to help offset the red ones I'll be receiving for making this "atta boy" post.

Comment

[...]KHON2 filmed the Christmas Party. It will be shown after the weather segment tonight. [...]
                      And, it was! HawaiiThreads was credited but I was a bit disappointed not to see Auntie Lynn interviewed. Still, it was great to see the coverage of the party.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        And, it was! HawaiiThreads was credited but I was a bit disappointed not to see Auntie Lynn interviewed. Still, it was great to see the coverage of the party.
                        ...I looked intimidating. I had too many Slippahs in my hands ~ he probably taught I was going give him one Whack Whack!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Darned. Missed the news coverage last night. I'll be looking forward to the Star Bulletin article on Sunday. Big mahalo to everyone for making da' Slippah project come to a reality last night. Awesome, awesome, awesome!
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Here's another little story of the giving spirit. Normally I don't mention these things, but this moment was so special, I just have to share it...

We had this couple over last night who we befriended recently. He's a pure-blooded Hawaiian man (how rare is that!) from the west coast, maybe in his late 50's, early 60's. She's local Okinawan, maybe mid 50's. Not married, but they've been together over 20 years. Really, two of the nicest folks we've ever met.

Come to find out he's an amazing slack key and ukulele player! He started jammin' on my Uke', playing Hi`ilawe and a few Christmas songs. Da' kine give you chicken skin. He said he used to jam backyard style back in the day with braddah Iz, Skippy and the Koko's.

Struggling a bit financially, they can't afford to buy an Ukulele or Guitar, and he hasn't owned one for the past 10 years. Fortunately and with good timing, an uncle of mine recently gave me an old classical guitar that he wasn't making use of. Little dings here and there, but otherwise good shape. Sounds great with steel strings (even though it's made for nylon). Knowing his situation, I immediately ran in the house, grabbed that guitar, tuned it to slack, polished it and presented it to him as our Christmas gift to him.

His girlfriend immediately bursted in tears and just cried and cried for a good minute. She told us how long she wanted to buy him an instrument but couldn't afford it because of rent. He had the biggest smile on his face, and played that guitar last night for at least 2 hours straight. Kiho`alu that would make my Uncle Sonny proud. He told me, "Boy, I going teach you how fo' play Kiho`alu my style with this guitar". I swear, if you seen the look on his face, you'd think time just stood still. He looked like the happiest man on earth.

That had to have been one of the greatest moments in the history of Christmas for me. I'll never forget that moment last night for the rest of my life.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                            I immediately ran in the house, grabbed that guitar, tuned it to slack, polished it and presented it to him as our Christmas gift to him.
                            Ho, da cheekin skin!
                            (don't look at me! Where's da kleenex?)
                            very cool, Pomai!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                              [...]
                              Here's another little story of the giving spirit. Normally I don't mention these things, but this moment was so special, I just have to share it...

We had this couple over last night who we befriended recently.[...]
                              Struggling a bit financially, they can't afford to buy an Ukulele or Guitar[...]
                              Fortunately and with good timing, an uncle of mine recently gave me an old classical guitar that he wasn't making use of.[...]
                              Knowing his situation, I immediately ran in the house, grabbed that guitar, tuned it to slack, polished it and presented it to him as our Christmas gift to him.[...]
                              She told us how long she wanted to buy him an instrument but couldn't afford it because of rent.[...]
                              That had to have been one of the greatest moments in the history of Christmas for me. I'll never forget that moment last night for the rest of my life.
                              Well, I'll go out on a limb here and touch gently on my philosophy! Personally, I don't believe in coincidences; rather, everything happens for a reason. Me thinks, Mr. Pomai, that each event listed above happened 'cuz it was s'posed to, when it was s'posed to, in the order it was s'posed to! How interesting that this lovely, financially struggling couple met you recently...and that you were drawn to their friendship enough to invite them to your home...and that your new friend is an awesome slack key player...and that your uncle had recently gifted you with a guitar...and that you were there to both receive and to give it. Some might call it Divine intervention. Others might call it fate. Still others might, in fact, call it a coincidence. Makes no difference, really. It happened!

Awesome story. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Comment

Wonderful and Chicken skin story Pomai! Mahalo for sharing!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X