• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Manapua and a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

deleted....pic links not working and since we're need to get to chinatown, i'll just have to try again later.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Banana, coffee with Bailey's & Kahlua, OJ and now a nice Prosecco

Comment

let's try this again.

we got out of bed quite early considering how late we'd been out last night (which explains why i'm going to nap right after posting) so we decided to head to whole foods for their $8.99/lb breakfast bar.

half of whole foods breakfast bar, going clockwise from lower right: smokey pork links; thick, apple smoked bacon; scrambled eggs; scrambled eggs whites; breakfast croissants (i should have taken a closer look at what was in em--i'm guessing ham & eggs); corn meal biscuits; eggs scrambled w/spinach & mushrooms.

the other half of the bar had the grains/starches: home fries, oatmeal, brown rice, etc. i'm pretty sure i saw sausage gravy but i had to run away from that.

eric's plate of bacon, egg whites with fresh salsa, brown rice, sausage and home fries.

my plate of bacon, quiche, spinach/mushroom scramble, cornbread biscuit with softened butter & peach jam, chunks of yellow beet salad, chunks of cataloupe & mandarin oranges. i apologize for the fact that you can't see the fresh peach salsa i put on my scramble. i really should have gotten more of that peach salsa bcs it was an absolutely fruity-spicy delight.

total cost came out to about $19. besides sharing our plates, we shared a large latte from the in-store coffee bar (allegro coffee) that cost under $4 (iirc) and definitely tastes better what charbucks just down the way sells.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

^^^

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            let's try this again.
            we got out of bed quite early considering how late we'd been out last night (which explains why i'm going to nap right after posting) so we decided to head to whole foods for their $8.99/lb breakfast bar.
            Ooooh, thanks for posting those pics! Wow, quite a spread.
            I've never been at Whole Foods during the morning hours... is this their everyday setup?
            Or is this only on the weekends? And what hours?

As for myself, breakfast was a strawberry slush float at Byron’s Drive Inn, while waiting for my Japanese friends to clear U.S. Customs at the airport. Finally got partial satisfaction for the craving I’ve had since the other discussion in the plate lunch thread.

It fell just short of total satisfaction, because Byron's used soft serve rather than real ice cream.
            But it was good enough… for the time being!
            To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

i'm pretty sure it's every day. i think but am not sure they have breakfast bar on til 9:30 am at least. couldn't find evidence of the hours after a five minute google and bing.

that said...oooooh...slush flooooooat.

Comment

Cold cut sandwiches and a bottle of water.

Comment

i'm pretty sure it's every day. i think but am not sure they have breakfast bar on til 9:30 am at least. couldn't find evidence of the hours after a five minute google and bing.
                  Wow, if that's their breakfast bar setup every day, it's quite impressive!
                  For me, it would have to be a weekend visit... so I can always call to check their hours. Thanks!

google and bing.
                  Heh, this sounds like something Barry and the Brits would serve, doesn't it?
                  (Like "bubble & squeak")

that said...oooooh...slush flooooooat.
                  I know, yeah?
                  Hey, I think I hear Rainbow's calling you--

slush flooooooat... slush flooooooat... slush flooooooat...
                  To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Mini can of Mountain Dew with few slices of turkey cold cuts and cheese.

Comment

Pumpkin oatmeal with blueberries, half a papaya and a glass of iced, decaf, green tea...

Comment

Sunday brunch at Haleiwa Joe's in Kaneohe.
                        Prime rib, shrimp, mushroom omelet, et al. And I did et all.

Dessert was a nap.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

A regular can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Can of Mountain Dew from a vending machine.

Comment

Brown sugar Pop Tarts. Found a big box on sale at Target for $1.58. How's that for random?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Strawberry frosted Pop-Tarts and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Working...
                                X