Tenchijin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenchijin

I suppose this show (on KIKU, Tuesday evenings) is fairly accurate historically but it doesn't much matter to me. It's fascinating to watch, beautifully done and acted.

KIKU definitely gets more of my viewing time than any other channel (even when Partners is between seasons, as it seems to be now).

Re: Tenchijin

Ah, I see Partners is back tomorrow evening. Excellent!

Comment

Too bad its not a 2 hour show.
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

It was sad to hear that my two favorite characters will never meet again after their parting in this week's episode. One of them is going to be killed, I guess. What a vicious power struggle in Japan at the beginning of the 17th century.

Comment

I was hoping those two vassals would take down Ileyasu, but looks like the bad guy made a fast move. Next week episode should be even better. By the way anyone watching the Jotei episode, not bad at all!
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

This week's episode was brilliant but VERY hard to watch.

Comment

A hard show, this week's episode. But what splendid television drama it is.

Comment

I don't understand why someone doesn't off that dreadful man.

Comment

The final episode will be on Tuesday. Such a splendid series.

Comment

If you enloyed "Big Daddy" it will be on for a week starting on January 4, 2010. By the way I really enjoyed watching Tenchijin also.

Comment

Tenchijin portrays Tokugawa Ieyasu far less-favorably than the popular fictionalized SHOGUN. There, Toranaga (thinly veiled characterization of Tokugawa) is presented as a more benevolent leader intent on unifying Japan.

I enjoyed this Taiga drama during its nearly year-long run.

Comment

I would really like to watch Tenchijin.

Tokugawa Ieyasu is portrayed? Is William Adams AKA Miura Anjin in this show too? Samurai William is one of my favorite books.

Comment

That was just beautiful.

I'll very much miss having this splendid series a part of my life each week
                          but am grateful it ended in such a touching and graceful way.

Comment

Working...
                          X