Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Bill Baist--Airport Datsun ads. What is he doing these days?

Aj

Comment

Does anyone remember who that lady was that did those BJ Furniture commercials? She had jet-black hair and red lipstick....

Comment

Could it have been Peggy Siegmund (sp?)? Lordie, how could I have remembered that name (even if she wasn't the one). (The first image that came to mind was of Elaine from Seinfeld.)

Comment

Originally posted by oldiebuff View Post
          Does anyone remember who that lady was that did those BJ Furniture commercials? She had jet-black hair and red lipstick....
          ============
          Is this the person? At 4:20 into this clip.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjO5dR1GW0
          Lynn Madden?

Comment

This person is Lynn Madden. And, by the way, the voice over on the spot that follows is that of Bob Sevey. And maybe I'm remembering Peggy S did Wigwam spots? Fuzzy recall . . .
            Last edited by Kimo; February 12, 2008, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldiebuff View Post
              ========================
              Back then BJ's ran soooo many commercials with Lynn, it was nauseating. Even if you changed channels, there she was!! That advertising strategy is aptly called a "blitz". But I was brainwashed and I bought a sofa from BJ's. The leg on the sofa broke off a few minutes after the delivery guys left my apartment.

Comment

That was it, great job, thanks guys!

Comment

I don't go back as far as many of you good folks -- only been here 20 years -- but I vividly remember one spot form the early-mid 90's. It was a promo, rather than a commercial, for KGMB. It was a single camera shoot, produced in a bare, barely lit studio. The shot was a slow zoom in on a studio camera with a teleprompter mounted on the front. You'd hear the voice-over as you watched the script roll by on the 'prompter: "This is a teleprompter. With it, any old Joe can read you the news....." It went on to tout KGMB's anchors as journalists instead of talking heads.

Word was that Joe Moore went apoplectic when he saw that, but that may well be urban legend. Either way, it didn't run all that long, for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
                    I don't go back as far as many of you good folks -- only been here 20 years -- but I vividly remember one spot form the early-mid 90's. It was a promo, rather than a commercial, for KGMB. It was a single camera shoot, produced in a bare, barely lit studio. The shot was a slow zoom in on a studio camera with a teleprompter mounted on the front. You'd hear the voice-over as you watched the script roll by on the 'prompter: "This is a teleprompter. With it, any old Joe can read you the news....." It went on to tout KGMB's anchors as journalists instead of talking heads.

Word was that Joe Moore went apoplectic when he saw that, but that may well be urban legend. Either way, it didn't run all that long, for whatever reason.
                    =================
                    hoooo...I remember that. That was soooo funny.

Comment

• Re: More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post

===========================

I knew I saw that thing someplace! hana hou!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGMxbH0EDg

Comment

Peggy Sigmund was indeed the Wigwam lady. People have asked me to do a story on her.

After Lynn Madden quit doing BJ Furniture ads, I believe she was replaced by Susan Page.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          Peggy Sigmund was indeed the Wigwam lady. People have asked me to do a story on her.
                          Interview some of her former students at Kaimuki High School. Some of them will tell you very "interesting" stories about her style of teaching.

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          After Lynn Madden quit doing BJ Furniture ads, I believe she was replaced by Susan Page.
                          Actually, I remember at least one BJ furniture commercial that Lynn and Susan did together. I don't know if the intention of that particular commerical was for Lynn to pass the torch to Susan. But shortly after that, Lynn was no longer seen.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I remember the Wigwam commercials and the jingle. The lady that stood in the parking lot talking with the store in the background reminded me of my neighbor across the street.

Did Wigwam have those half-loops running across the front of the building, or am I thinking of another store?

Comment

Originally posted by PearlCityMike View Post
                              I remember the Wigwam commercials and the jingle. The lady that stood in the parking lot talking with the store in the background reminded me of my neighbor across the street.

Did Wigwam have those half-loops running across the front of the building, or am I thinking of another store?
                              I didn't remember those loops and the jingle...Your dollar buys more at the Wigwam store...WIGWAM da dada da da.

Apparently there is a website (that's under construction) for Wigwam, but I don't think it's the same business.
                              Last edited by craigwatanabe; March 14, 2008, 09:21 AM.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

RE: Lynn Madden - as a high school student (Roosevelt 1966), she first gained fame as the winner of "Miss Smile," a national promotion. Even us guys in the "boonies" of Hilo heard of her.

Also, regarding Wigwam, one of the male spokesmen was GENE GOOD, a local spotscaster (Kaiser Sports Central in the early '60s) who also did sports radio play-by-play on Kauai.

Comment

Working...
                                X