May 21 2011, Doomsday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 21 2011, Doomsday?

I'd rather hear the words of those that are currently dismayed/stymied, coming up with convenient/wild excuses, or suddenly changing religions/addresses.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Looks like HT is still the home of the Good, the Bad, and ...
      Yeah, I'm still here and got left behind and so did mi amigo, Angel. Uaifi is unaccounted for. I wish she would have washed the dishes before she got raptured.

I just had a conversation in Spanish with Angel about the Apocalypse occurring today. He said he didn't believe in any "pinche gringo" predictions (sorry I won't translate that, I would get banned from HT ). He said that EVERYONE knows the world will end in 2012 according to the Mayan calendar. He said that prediction is more believable.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Re: May 21, Doomsday?

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        I have always considered myself 'saved' no matter what the Jehovah's Witnesses say about only 144,000 going to heaven...
        Well, also remember that that particular reference to the 144,000 refers to"
        '12,000 each from each of the 12 tribes of Israel'

but... what about the 10 'lost tribes?' That leaves us 120,000 extra spaces.

It's 2:11 pm HST. Around 6pm EST my son graduates from high school. Maybe that's what they are referring to as 'the end of the world.'
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Oh, goody, uaifi jus' walk tru da door! She said dat, yes, she was raptured to heaben, but she couldn't fin' no male virgins dare, 'cause dey all busy wit 18 female virgins foa dem. Uaifi say she moa bettah wit ol' tepilo matapule hear on earth. Oh, she brought back Biodegradable cleaner in a non-biodegradable plastic jug from heaben.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

It's never too late. Pass around the Kool Aid and take seconds, and wallow in the disappointment that a mathematician forgot to carry the one, round to significant digits, and obey the "law of signs." Stupid kooks.

Comment

If you look right now and up till midnight tonight... Honolulu (Hawaii) is the only place on Earth listed as still in Saturday 5/21.
              So just 1 1/2 hours to go till the day is completely over!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Still say the Mayans got it right.
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Just thought I'd add a link to the Hawaii-Aleutian standard time zone info...
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii-Aleutian_Time_Zone

"The Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone observes Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HAST), by subtracting ten hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−10). The clock time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 150th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory.

The zone takes its name from the two areas it includes: Hawaii and the portion of Alaska's Aleutian Islands west of 169° 30′ W longitude. The Alaskan portion observes DST while Hawaii does not.

From 1900 until 1947, GMT−10:30 was used as standard time in Hawaii. [1]

French Polynesia uses UTC−10 for its major cities. The Cook Islands and Tokelau do also. These areas do not use DST..."
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  If you look right now and up till midnight tonight... Honolulu (Hawaii) is the only place on Earth listed as still in Saturday 5/21.
                  So just 1 1/2 hours to go till the day is completely over!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Still say the Mayans got it right.
                  Well, it's tomorrow, and we're all raptured, or at least 'enraptured.' Enraptured, however, has been my state of being ever since I set foot on Hawai`i Nei in 1968.

You're in heaven; you're in Hawai`i.

- -

The phrase "You're in heaven; you're in Hawai`i." is Copyright 2011 by the owner of this login, herein known as Kahonohi. Any commercial use without permission is hereby prohibited. Dated May 22, 2011.
                  Now watch some commercial travel enterprise try to steal that for their advertisement.
                  Last edited by Kaonohi; May 22, 2011, 01:57 AM. Reason: Couldn't find a copyright symbol
                  ~ ~

Comment

Regarding the chosen 144,000--remembering the great scene in the movie "Coneheads" where the immigration agents are disguised as Jehovah's Witnesses, investigating Mr. & Mrs. Conehead. They tell them the Bible clearly states that only 144,000 will be spared. Mr. Conehead replies, "That is a wildly optimistic estimate."

Comment

Is it time for our post-rapture roll call? Matapule, still here; me, too. Checking in for both believers and non-.

Scrivener? 1stWahine? CraigWatanabe? LikaNui? Frankie's Market? Salmoned?

Looks like HT is still the home of the Good, the Bad, and ... ME!
                      all present and accounted for!
                      flickr

An email from God:
                      To: People of Earth
                      Date: 9/04/2007
                      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                        The phrase "You're in heaven; you're in Hawai`i." is Copyright 2011 by the owner of this login, herein known as Kahonohi. Any commercial use without permission is hereby prohibited. Dated May 22, 2011.
                        You might want to prepare yourself for a letter from Universal, the makers of "Field Of Dreams." They just might consider that infringement upon their film's dialogue...

"John Kinsella: Is this heaven?"
                        "Ray Kinsella: It's — it's Iowa."

P.S. - you misspelled your own "registration" name in your post: "herein known as Kahonohi" - an extra "h" sneaked in. Dunno if that would invalidate the claim, though, since intent is clear, but you never know. Either way, I won't steal it.

Comment

Great billboard reply:

http://www.joshlovesjen.com/2011/05/...011-billboard/

Since the minister who started these things is in my town (Oakland, CA), the original scare tactics billboards have been everywhere.

Comment

As tho common sense is an alternative to 'beliefs'...

Comment

P.S. - you misspelled your own "registration" name in your post: "herein known as Kahonohi" - an extra "h" sneaked in. Dunno if that would invalidate the claim, though, since intent is clear, but you never know. Either way, I won't steal it.
                              No wonder I never get rich..... For an excuse, it was the middle of the night!

Anyway, there's no protections against non-commercial use. Feel free to use it as you see fit..

(Guess I'd better change my login name though!)
                              ~ ~

Comment

Awww, the old man feels so bad he's moved the goal posts, yet again... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_apocalypse_saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X