NBC's "Journeyman"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC's "Journeyman"

Did not see myself watching this show but being that it takes place in San Francisco I thought.............. what the heck

To sum up the show after watching "Journeyman" .......why has fate chosen him when he suddenly finds himself in a different year?
    The lead character accepts why this is happening to him whether if hes prepared or improvises his way when travelling to the past.
    The big "WHY" will be hovering over you while wathcing this.
    I think this show has potential and will linger if its initial audience base is there to keep the show afloat during the course of the season.

Re: NBC's "Journeyman"

Well it seems that he can't control when he jumps. If future episodes have Dan's wife understanding that Dan is jumping time, then hopefully it will be less stressful for him. I don't know about Dan's brother if he understands about the jumps.

Comment

I watched it. I was hoping for more.

It's an old, old premise. Done many times before on television. I recall an old Twilight Zone episode that employed exactly the same premise and said all there was to say in thirty minutes.

http://www.tv.com/the-twilight-zone/...3/summary.html

That's only one example. There are many more and the premise is tired, IMHO. Prediction: the main character will step in and change fate, make a "mistake," and all hell will break loose. Same ol' stuff, with computer-enhanced special effects circa 2007.

I'm not certain the premise can sustain a series.

I do like the actors and the location. Not sure if that is enough to keep me watching each week.

Comment

It's more or less a version of Quantum Leap since 1) the time jumps are under twenty years or so and 2) the people who are affected are not the famous ones.

Comment

I agree. I could never get into the "Quantum Leap" thing either. I know it was was quite popular but it did absolutely nothing for me. I thought it was just dumb.

Maybe it was the wardrobe factor.

Comment

For tonight's episode when Dan is in 1995 and passes a future $20 bill to a taxi driver. The police officer who chasing Dan on foot was that his brother?

Comment

Yes, the brother seems to ALWAYS be involved...
              Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
              My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

The show has flaws but still has the special something that still keeps ya tuned in.....

It's funny that he gets suddenly taken out of the blue no matter where he is...
                And the ex-Olivia just happens to be there when he transports backwards

Comment

Tonight's episode has Dan traveling to Oct 1989 just before the earthquake. Livia admits that she used to time travel before meeting Dan and she thought the travelling stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                    I agree. I could never get into the "Quantum Leap" thing either. I know it was was quite popular but it did absolutely nothing for me. I thought it was just dumb.
                    You gotta be a geek or a genre fan to understand Quantum Leap.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      don't know about Dan's brother if he understands about the jumps.
                      Because he's a cop? Cops tend to prefer irrefutable evidence.

Comment

Zack witness Dan disappearing and he says it's "cool". And Dan has traveling money, just hope he doesn't get into trouble using it.

Comment

Is it just me or is Dan's wife freakin' annoying? And the brother is an even bigger pain in the arse! The two of them deserve each other and Dan should just keep time traveling with Olivia.

http://moonbloodgood.net/images/moon...moonblood1.jpg

Moon Bloodgood is a GODDESS!
                          Last edited by admin; November 15, 2007, 03:03 PM. Reason: Do not embed images from external sites.
                          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                            Is it just me or is Dan's wife freakin' annoying? And the brother is an even bigger pain in the arse!!
                            Nope. It keeps the story interesting.

Comment

What was really interesting this past week is that while Dan is from 2007, Livia is from 1948, never mind the fact that clothes she wears is more in line of the 1990's.

Comment

Working...
                              X