Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

Heeheee! I always bring shampoo but never soap when traveling or camping. You can wash everything with shampoo, but you definately can't wash your hair with soap!!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      [...]You can wash everything with shampoo, but you definately can't wash your hair with soap!!
      Bingo! Ya nailed it, TG!

Speaking of soap in general, I use Dawn dish detergent for not only dishes (altho' not in the dishwasher), but laundry (yes, LAUNDRY) and washing fruits and veggies (just a few drops in a sink full of water). One 90 oz. bottle from Costco (approx. $7.) lasts me a minimum of 1.5 years!

These are the discoveries one makes when one scales down the size of one's household square footage! Multi purpose products become mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        Heeheee! I always bring shampoo but never soap when traveling or camping. You can wash everything with shampoo, but you definately can't wash your hair with soap!!

Maybe if you have long hair. I've been using bar soap for my hair since I was a kid.

Back OT, I'm wondering if Camay soap's distribution became a regional thing like Best Foods Mayonaisse vs Hellmanns.

Here's a link I found that has one explanation as to it's disappearance on retailer's shelves.
        Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 13, 2008, 08:40 AM.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Bingo! Ya nailed it, TG!

Speaking of soap in general, I use Dawn dish detergent for not only dishes (altho' not in the dishwasher), but laundry (yes, LAUNDRY) and washing fruits and veggies (just a few drops in a sink full of water). One 90 oz. bottle from Costco (approx. $7.) lasts me a minimum of 1.5 years!

These are the discoveries one makes when one scales down the size of one's household square footage! Multi purpose products become mandatory.
          Don't use Dawn for laundry soap ~ but it's great as a stain remover.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            If you disagree, just skip this thread and move on to the next.
            and miss out on the fun?

honestly

stay forever young

Comment

Maybe you can get a happy ending finding Camay at Soapland.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the manager on duty @ HI-Kai...initially said, most likely it went to the Cosmetics section because 'it's a beauty bar" for which I said, 'really?'...but after the long wait...he says it appears to be a 'distribution problem', that's why it's not being carried any longer...

waaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  or whatever shampoo I'm using
                  Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                  Hey Sis, me too. I use shampoo...
                  Make that three of us.
                  Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  ...and the more I read, the more convinced I am that there is no essential difference between shampoo and bar soap...
                  That's the assumption I've been working under for years, based on a conversation I once had with a "natural soap" maker (there are quite a few around these parts). Thanks, scrivener.

Comment

to my surprise...today's ad features CAMAY soap for $1.79 for a 3 pk...!

went to Longs later this afternoon to find it pretty much gone...I like the red/white cover (Camay has two different fragrances) and guess a lot of people like the red/white cover soap bar also as it was all gone from the shelf. ...

asked the stock guy if they had any more of the red/white cover type and he came back with a box...I happily took 5 pks!

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                      to my surprise...today's ad features CAMAY soap for $1.79 for a 3 pk...! went to Longs later this afternoon ... asked the stock guy if they had any more of the red/white cover type and he came back with a box...I happily took 5 pks!
                      Glad you were able to find your soap with a little persistence, hawaiiguy. To my knowledge, Longs® keeps their soap in three different departments: Cosmetics (Camay), Soap/Cleaners (Irish Spring), and Pharmacy (Cetaphil). Imagine if you needed all three on a busy Sunday afternoon!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

well, the place they've always had it in was the soaps/cleaners section... which was distinctively set far apart from their cosmetics section (at least for the HI-Kai store).

Comment

yikes...was at Longs this late morning...and Camay is not on the shelves! They were only there for last week's advertised sale???

I was 'going to buy' another 5 sets of soap bars!

Comment

.................................................. .......

Mahalo
                            stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                              yikes...was at Longs this late morning...and Camay is not on the shelves! They were only there for last week's advertised sale???

I was 'going to buy' another 5 sets of soap bars!
                              bummers. everyone must have had the same idea.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              reflect, repent and reboot.
                              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

hawaiiguy - i'll make a deal with you - i'll buy you an entire box of camay soap that'll last hopefully a year - would that put an end to it?

compliments of seeking penance

i'll even ship it to you free of charge

stay forever young

Comment

Working...
                                X