Least Favorite National TV Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horrible commercial

Oh, yeah! That hearing aid commercial!!! The one, "I'm Randy Wohlers and I have a speech impediment which makes it appear that you have a hearing impairment, so why don't you come down and get a $5,000 hearing aid from me?" guy...

The guy sounds like he's got a stuck nose and is speaking into a cardboard box!

Then at the end of the commercial, he, his wife and I presume his grandkids are sitting around a table when he says something like, "Can't we all just get along?" and all the grandkids laugh like he just told a joke!!

Aaaugh!
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
      ... speech impediment...
      why don't you come down and get a $5,000 hearing aid from me?" guy...
      ... he says something like, "Can't we all just get along?" and all the grandkids laugh like he just told a joke!!

No, to pay for the hearing aid, he asked his family members:
      "Can't we all just get a loan?"

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
        Then at the end of the commercial, he, his wife and I presume his grandkids are sitting around a table when he says something like, "Can't we all just get along?" and all the grandkids laugh like he just told a joke!!
        Aaaugh!
        Yeah, I actually wrote about that one here a while back. As I recall, what he actually says is "Life is too precious to waste a single moment." and then he and the wife and kids all crack up as if life is not precious.
        Go figgah.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yeah, thats the one. It's almost creepy

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

I saw the Geico Commercial about the cave man and the one showing the commercial with the cavemen in a home saying, "ssshhh!"

Talk about horrible and ugly!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I have an intense dislike for commercials with the bored, smarmy or just plain downright condescending voiceover.
              Monotone. Two octaves at most, that drops at the end of sentences. Terrible. Not appealing, nor is it convincing that I should invest in their product or any of my time with their commercial.
              How bout that guy who sounds as if he either just woke up, or is trying to scare or outgrowl his bulldog.

"cheezits. gitchur ownbokksss."

any and all A1 steaksauce commercial. Bad, bad baaad.

balanced out by all those ala moana Sh. Ctr commercials. very cute and catchy. great music.
              Last edited by kimo55; April 16, 2005, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                I saw the Geico Commercial about the cave man and the one showing the commercial with the cavemen in a home....
                reminds me of the caveman commercials where tv announcer is saying sumpin like: "So simple, even a caveman can figure it out"
                and one caveman on the sofa looks at his 'partner' and says "huh. that is SO condescending"
                Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  reminds me of the caveman commercials where tv announcer is saying sumpin like: "So simple, even a caveman can figure it out"
                  and one caveman on the sofa looks at his 'partner' and says "huh. that is SO condescending"
                  Funny.
                  Kimo, das da same one, dude!
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Kimo, das da same one, dude!

no. the one you saw is horrible and ugly. One I saw was clever and funny. Attractively put together production.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      no. the one you saw is horrible and ugly. One I saw was clever and funny. Attractively put together production.
                      I vote for clever and funny. Geico Commercials, except for the incessant repetition, are a bright spot on an otherwise vast wasteland, ranking right up there with Alka Seltzer and Volkswagon commercials of yore. I think the small house, reality show spoof, is my fav.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNSoKona
                        I think the small house, reality show spoof, is my fav.

this one got me. couldn't believe I was fooled by that.
                        and their old navy parody was well done, too.

speaking of repititious, watching cheap seats
                        http://cheapseats.tv/
                        on espnc most every nite, and each and every commercial break has the same damned commercials over and over.
                        A1 steaksauce where that creepy guy eats at a stranger's table, and the lady doesn't raise hell. teflon car care. the car shakes mud off.
                        (don't understand it: "keep your car looking pit crew perfect" hey a pit crew's job isn't to keep the hood spotless or the tires wetblack looking!)
                        Last edited by kimo55; April 17, 2005, 08:27 AM.

Comment

How about baby Bob on the Quizno's commercials?
                          Love 'em!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Anything’s better that those talking rats ala Beavis and Butt-Head, yuck. I have to grudgingly give them points for originality but after the n-th viewing it's just obnoxious.

Comment

Re: TV commericals you like to watch

Hate hate hate any and all of the recent www.vehix.com ads.
                              I'm usually multitasking when I watch TV, so no ad has really caught my eye enough to make me stop whatever else I'm doing to watch it.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Least Favorite National TV Ads

Let's use this thread to discuss any non-local TV commericals that you don't like to see.
                                Last edited by helen; September 9, 2005, 01:06 PM. Reason: change of title

Comment

Working...
                                X