"The Event" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Event" on NBC

Just watching the premiere episode of "The Event' on NBC. A couple of segments have been filmed on Oahu. Anyone know when they were here?

Looks like it could be a good show, something like, um... "Flash Forward" on ABC but so far mostly flash backs.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: "The Event" on NBC

Currently watching it too. No idea if The Event that the characters are talking about has already happened or will happen. No idea about when the Oahu scenes have been filmed.

Comment

Seems like things are going back story first before it maybe springs forward... St. Lucia sure looks like Kualoa Beach and Kaneohe in the background.. heh.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I just caught a glimpse. Was Blair Underwood playing Obama?

Comment

No, while he was playing a president of the United States it was not Obama.

In any event having the plane did what it did at the end of the episode makes this series in the sci-fi realm.

Comment

I really liked the pilot of this show. It seems a mix of Lost, 24, and Flash Forward. Especially Flash Forward, only better. Flash Forward was somewhat of a one-trick pony--after the pilot, there was only one direction to look forward to. This show seems more multi-dimensional, more complex.

On a picky point, I don't like using the terms "flashback" or "flash forward" when referring to this show, terms which are more legacies of Lost (self-consciously so). The narrative in this series is clearly non-linear, much like Quentin Tarantino's movies ("Pulp Fiction," "Kill Bill," etc.).

Comment

Just for this episode there were at least 3 time periods.
              1. The day of the jetliner.
              2. 7 to 8 days ago with Sean and Leila on the cruise and Leila's family being attacked.
              3. 13 months ago

Don't know what future episodes will show if they are going with multiple time lines.

Comment

Monday's episode is re-airing tonight. Since I missed the first 3 minutes on Monday I thought I would see the missing parts.

I suspect "The Event" has already happened (but hey I can be wrong).

Comment

Just to close the loop on Mel's question about when The Event filmed on O`ahu - they were here in early April. The scenes were done at hidden beach @ Kualoa, China Walls, and, I believe, in the Waimanalo Beach area. Another 'filmed-in-but-not-about' Hawai`i project - but hey, adding $$ to the island economy!

Comment

Definite shades of "LOST," "Flashforward," and perhaps even "Fringe," none of it accidental. Hijinks aboard a jetliner that goes missing, convergence on a specific point in time, and a mysterious cabal with seemingly supernatural abilities.

The jumping around through the timeline (three hours earlier, eleven hours earlier, three days earlier, thirteen months earlier) better not be the norm going forward, 'cause it was already getting old in the premiere.

Comment

Watching in a diffferent time zone - so of course they start out with "four days earlier . . . "

Comment

Well the second epsiode showed what happened to the plane. I guess the question is The Event is when the group crashed landed in 1944 or is there some other thing that yet to be told?

Comment

OK - i missed the beginning of this episode... and was mostly lost for the rest. Will have to watch it again online or somewhere. Unlike "Hawaii Five-0" you can't miss an episode otherwise thing start to not make sense....

Which could be the possible downfall of this show. Arc type series have a harder time finding an audience.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It is going to be re-aired on Saturday night (10/2/10), 7pm HST on KHNL.

Comment

I DVR'd last night's ep but it was virtually unwatchable thanks to download pixilation. Thanks, Oceanic.
                              Burl Burlingame
                              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X