Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > GPS Talk > Recreation > Out & About
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Kia`aina

Question New SD-Oahu cache

Hello all...

I have enjoyed the variety of caches here in western South Dakota. Although not straying too far from the familiar, a lot of fun in the new terrain.
What I am looking for is some help creating a two-part cache. One that starts here and uses help from there to complete it. Any sample/example caches that could help me out there? I remember one or two there, but cant recall.

Also, I have my first Puzzle cache under review for here. It incorporates the South Dakota Air and Space Museum.

Any help would be appreciated.
BTW, spring is starting to creep in, although we are STILL getting snow...

Have a great one all.

BTW, finally caught the news that June Jones is leaving UH... $$$ makes the world go around I guess.

Paul
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Kia`aina

Default Re: New SD-Oahu cache

We own two collaborative caches:
Aloha, Eh! (Hawaii) http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-85b0650afb06

And From Sea to Shining Sea! (Pacific) http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-445431857a5d

In both those cases, there are actually two separate caches and to find the final stage in Hawaii you need a partner in Victoria, BC or Rhode Island.

I can't find it right now, but I think there is a multi-cache in ?Ohio? that has one stage here. The rules on that one are somewhat different in that the "helpers" in Hawaii get to claim a find on the final cache even though it is out of state. Naturally we like ours better.
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Kia`aina

Default Re: New SD-Oahu cache

Thanks for the cache idea, J & D. Still looking for someone to assist me in creating a SD-Oahu cache... Anyone interested? Get with me, if you all are busy with CITO, get with me after.

BTW, I just created my first Puzzle cache here. It uses the awesome SD Air and Space Museum. It has over a dozen aircraft on display. How could I pass up an oppurtunity to make it a puzzle.
Here is the link...
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...0-dd39b7d253f0

Sure hope someone is interested in helping me on the Oahu end of the duel state cache...

P