Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More old Commercials anyone remember these?

I was looking thru an episode of LOTTERY! from Summer 1984 on KITV:

KITV local promo of past athletes who participated in the Olympics which was a promo for Summer 1984 Olympic Coverage
    BJ Furniture
    ABC Comedy Special: The Earthlings failed pilot with Mike Connors
    20/20 Sundays at 5pm (odd time??)
    Granny Goose Chips
    First Hawaiian Telephone Banking
    Marsh Furniture
    Muppets Take Manhattan promo for Consolidated Royal Marina 2 Theaters
    Skyranger KITV 4 Helicopter with Eurthymics "Here Comes the Rain Again" music
    Benson on Saturday nights
    Bachelor Party promo Consolidated Waikiki 1 Theaters
    Good Morning America with David Hartman and Joan Lunden at 6am

It appears based on what I have seen that some network tv shows were still taped delayed in 1984. Instead of hearing the late Ernie Anderson the longtime ABC network voice, you hear a local announcer promoting the network shows.

KalihiBoy

Re: More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Anyone remember when S&S Instant Saimin first came out and Lucky Luck made a commercial where he prepares it using his GI helmet...way back in the day as it is said.

Comment

Does anyone remember Kelly Hu doing a McDonalds commercial 20 years ago by chance, sure looks like her??

I just watched a Wendy's commercial celebrating 10 years on the Islands from 1987 with Danny Kalekini.

Here's another....silly Meadow Gold ad with people dressed as fudge sticks and ice cycle pops dancing around a freezer with a dark haired Michael W. Perry rapping with a boombox.

KalihiBoy

Comment

A few more JEWELCO at Pearlridge Phase 2 and Pioneer Federal Savings these are from Chistmas time 1977...

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post

Here's another....silly Meadow Gold ad with people dressed as fudge sticks and ice cycle pops dancing around a freezer with a dark haired Michael W. Perry rapping with a boombox.
          I'm glad I don't remember it.
          "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

A few more JEWELCO at Pearlridge Phase 2 and Pioneer Federal Savings these are from Chistmas time 1977...

Aj
            JEWELCOR - that was the store located in Pearlridge #2 above Daiei, right? Where the Food Court and theaters are now.

Pioneer Federal - I banked there, after First Interstate (American Security), to get away from First Hawaiian Bank. No luck, FHB acquired both of them to reel me back in.

Comment

I believe the McDonald's spot you may be talking about was with Jade Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                I thought Jade did a Zippy's spot, where she was eating chicken katsu.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                  Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                  I thought Jade did a Zippy's spot, where she was eating chicken katsu.
                  Jade did the Zippy's spot at least 25 years ago. Since then, and after a contractual amount of time, she could've done a McDonalds. I'm not aware of that but that doesn't mean it didn't happen!

Comment

Yr rite. I was remembering that at the end of the spot she "drew" the McDonald's M/arches with her fingers . . . but it WAS Zipppy's. My bad . . .it WAS a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                      JEWELCOR - that was the store located in Pearlridge #2 above Daiei, right? Where the Food Court and theaters are now.

Pioneer Federal - I banked there, after First Interstate (American Security), to get away from First Hawaiian Bank. No luck, FHB acquired both of them to reel me back in.
                      Jewelcor=Yes per the description on the commercial you have the exact location. Sorry I forgot to put the "R" at the end.

Pioneer federal=Nice Christmas ad, but the tape runs out before the ad is finished, the kids in that ad have to be around my age by now.

Aj
                      Last edited by Kalihiboy; June 7, 2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

A few more.....

1979: Mike Salta car ads with George "Granny" Groves
                        1979: PhotoTron Hawaii w/ a haole guy that looked sort like Bruce Carter
                        1979: UH Womens Athletic Director Donnis Thompson inviting everyone to come and see the UH Women's Volleyball team play (think they won the championship that year)

1985: "Take an easy drive...Windward Mall is so all alive!!"

Aj

Comment

Here are several from 1977, off KGMB:

Takamiyama (Jesse Kuhaulua) "The Outsiders" for Panasonic
                          Melvin Leed for discover Hawaii Exhibits
                          Wonder Bread (w/ I think Michael W. Perry as voiceover artist)
                          Kress
                          Tony Randall Show on KGMB
                          Payless Drugs
                          First Hawaiian Bank with Brian Keith
                          Liberty House, an Amfac Company
                          Colorful 9...KGMB...Honolulu, Hawaii
                          9:30pm KGMB News with Tim Tindall and Linda Coble, sports with Mel Proctor with reports on the Big Island with Bob Jones
                          50th State Wrestling coming up at 10pm

Aj

Comment

Lippy Espinda___oney one dala down!!

Comment

1979: Mike Salta car ads with George "Granny" Groves
                              Ahh... Mike Salta Pontiac...

Reminded me of Loyal Garner belting out "Cutter Ford Aiea, Where you make the deal!"

Comment

Working...
                              X