Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol 6

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    Don't you think most of them think they're better than they are? That's the whole point of a talent contest, isn't it?
    Maybe yes...maybe no. Melinda Doolittle's a good example of no.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
      Time of the Season - Zombies
      I'm very well aware of the Title and Artist...however, the only part of the song that's on repeat was what I posted above. :P
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

What's next week's theme?

Edit: checked the AI boards; Next week's theme is "The Nineties"

I hope Haley whatshername sings something uptempo like Kriss Kross' "Jump Around" or somethin
        Last edited by Mike_Lowery; March 23, 2007, 12:08 AM.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Let us pray to the "America Voted" gods and goddesses so that Sanjaya can finally leave.

Paganism is good for me once in a while--well, when I benefit from it.

flickr

Comment

I kinda thought it was a boring night and Sanjaya added some comic relief!

I didn't even recognize the toned down Gwen Stefani. I kept looking at her trying to pinpoint who she reminded me of. There was just something about her almost complete lack of upper body movement and lack of expression when she spoke. The blond hair. Some of her features. Then it hit me. While channel surfing once I stumbled on...and watched!...The Girls Next Door. That's the "reality" show featuring Hugh Hefner's 3 live-in girlfriends. Gwen reminded me of Holly...Hefner's main squeeze and now fiance!

So...Gwen, if you read HT...I apologize for drawing a comparison 'cuz I'm a big fan of yours but the momentary similarities were just too much to ignore!
            Last edited by tutusue; March 27, 2007, 09:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The highlight of tonight's results show was Seacrest's fauxhawk!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I didn't even recognize the toned down Gwen Stefani. I kept looking at her trying to pinpoint who she reminded me of. There was just something about her almost complete lack of upper body movement and lack of expression when she spoke...
                I absolutely adore Gwen Stefani.

I think she's incredible when she's prancing about with her Harajuku girls. Those abs! I wish I had em!

Loved the subdued look last night. It's just proof that she can rock any old look she wants!

I kinda had a feeling the results were going to be that way.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Sanjaya's prolonged stay is losing some AI viewers. The highlight of my night was Costco roast chicken and meat jun from home.

flickr

Comment

Hm, no more Chris Sligh to act arrogant and self important like JPL, and sour puss face like Scott Savol.

Comment

I'm bored. I'm looking forward to them doing kick-ass rock songs.

Comment

I, too, was bored for most of it and it's even my era of music. But I loved Blake, Melinda and LaKisha. I really didn't think Blake would be able to pull it off but...DANG...he did! The other 2 were sure shots for this genre. Can't wait to see what all 3 of them do with Country night...whenever that is.

My daughter told me last night that she has tickets to the finale. She just had to rub it in!

Comment

Jordin has a voice and she's gorgeous. But then I heard how old she is.

flickr

Comment

I've not watched a single episode. I don't know any of the contestants... except Sanjaya. I know people hate him (it is a him, right?), that Simon says he'll quit if he wins, that Howard Stern is rallying people to vote for him because it would be hilarious, and that's enough information for me to declare myself a fan. Go Sanjaya!

Comment

I think Phil should worry tonight. Hayley can't sing as well as the others, so she's playing up her 'assets'... hey, whatever works, right? Gina sang well, but she did nothing for me. Sanjaya... I could go on and on about how he bugs me, but I won't bother. Heh.

Comment

My kane swears that when Simon said to Sanjaya, "How about I try a different tactic, etc.,..." that Sanjaya said to Simon (it was so loud you couldn't quite hear what he was saying), "Welcome to the universe of Sanjaya." I hope he was just seeing things or else me thinketh Sanjaya is becoming quite the diva.

Hayley is drop dead gorgeous, but is too pop tarty/cutesy when it comes to singing. But there's at least two that should go before her. She is indeed playing up her sex appeal more and more each week.

I agree that Phil should worry and if this was a perfect world Sanjaya should worry.

Jordin is quick becoming a favorite for me. Of course Blake has me sighing every week.

Melinda and Lakisha are fantastic and probably both too good for this competiton.

Chris is okay, but there are at least three people that should leave before him.

Gina sounded her most beautiful last night but Simon is right, the other girls out sing her, big time.
                                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Working...
                                X