American Idol Season Five (2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol Season Five (2006)

Thank god they god rid of Melissa. I would have chose Ayla over her. Can't believe Ace was in the bottom. I guess it shows that pretty boys don't always get thier way.

Check out votefortheworst.com funny Idol stuff.

Comment

01 Mandisa 10/10 Terrific
      02 Bucky 8/10 Was OK
      03 Paris 10/10 Excellent Vocals
      04 Chris Daughtry 10/10 Sounds like a Pro
      05 Katherine McPhee 9/10 Was good
      06 Taylor Hicks 9/10 Great Dancin' expected more from his voice
      07 Lisa Tucker 9/10 Vocals were good
      08 Kevin 8/10 was too high/pitchy
      09 Elliot Yamin 8/10 Was OK
      10 Kellie Pickler 8/10 Good vocals
      11 Ace Young 7/10 arrggh. terrible.

Overall I thought tonights episode was good. The contestants really are looking like professionals and it seemed more like a variety show than a competition.

I think Bucky Elliot or Kevin might be in the bottom 3. At least one of them.

Comment

DialIdol.com, a website that predicts who will be eliminated each week by measuring busy signals (go here for more details: http://dialidol.com/asp/FAQ/FAQ.asp), is predicting the bottom 3 people to be
        Elliot, Lisa, and Bucky, with Elliot getting the boot:
        http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Their predictions have been 85% accurate through the past 13 contestant eliminations.
        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Kevin, Lisa, Bucky are in the bottom 3. Kevin goes home tonight.
          * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I love those Ford ads! They are cool.

too bad I don't like Fords!

I think Barry Manilow did a terrific job coaching the contestants!

It was cool to see Bobby Bennet briefly on the show. Shows AI has a heart.
            Last edited by speedtek; March 22, 2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

At this stage of the competition, Paris Bennett and Chris Daughtry are my top picks. Next would be Lisa Tucker, which still amazes me that she's been in the bottom 3 the last two weeks. Then again, I never call in to vote, so I shouldn't complain.

Kellie Pickler is a sweetheart and will do well if she sticks with Country music.

Taylor Hicks (a.k.a. George Clooney~Jay Leno) got some soul and lungs, but his stage presence is just too quirky for me. His Harmonica solo in the final audition was his best performance yet.

Ace Young's look and sound kinda' reminds me of that 90's pop group, Color Me Badd. But what's that "Constantine camera stare" thing? lol

Bucky's gotta' get the boot next.

Uilani, mahalo for the spoilers!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                A
                Ace Young's look and sound kinda' reminds me of that 90's pop group, Color Me Badd. But what's that "Constantine camera stare" thing? lol
                Last year in the Television Without Pity forum for AI, they made a big deal out of Constantine's "eye-f***ing." A rather gross term, but descriptive of what Ace is doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  Last year in the Television Without Pity forum for AI, they made a big deal out of Constantine's "eye-f***ing." A rather gross term, but descriptive of what Ace is doing now.
                  Have to admit, I'd not heard that term before but, yah, that's what it is! That is not an easy 'look' to pull off and most people, vocalists or otherwise, can't do it. Constantine nailed it! I don't smoke but I always felt like having a cigarette after one of his performances!

I haven't seen Ace perform yet 'cuz, for some unknown reason, each week I get long distance phone calls during the show from various relatives! I'll turn the phone off next week!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    Have to admit, I'd not heard that term before but, yah, that's what it is! That is not an easy 'look' to pull off and most people, vocalists or otherwise, can't do it. Constantine nailed it! I don't smoke but I always felt like having a cigarette after one of his performances!
                    Heh. At least some people think that Ace isn't pulling it off either. It did look like he was emulating Constantine but more than occasionally Ace just looks insane and a leetle skeery.

Comment

I wonder how AI5 is going to be tonight without Chicken Little? Every time I see a Chicken Little pic now I associate it with Kevin C. (C for Chicken? )

Comment

Tonight's top 10....

01 Lisa Tucker - 9/10 Better Than Clarkson!
                        02 Kellie Pickler - 8/10 It was irritating, Carrie Clone
                        03 Ace Young - 7/10 ???
                        04 Taylor Hicks - 8/10 It was OK.
                        05 Mandisa - 9/10 Got the audience going
                        06 Chris Daughtry - 8/10 Vocals were OK for screaming
                        07 Katherine McPhee - 6/10 Earplugs PLEASE!
                        08 Bucky Covington - 8/10 Better than the last few weeks
                        09 Paris Bennett - 8/10 Vocals were good. Best Performance
                        10 Elliot Yamin - 8/10 At least it was up tempo

Tonights episode basically sucked. At least Paula wasn't high. She is still drooling though! There is something wrong in the arrangement of the songs, they suck. I feel like Simon tonight!

When they showed George Huff in the audience that sure looked like Amanda Avila next to him?

Comment

Here are the predictions from dialidol.com based on telephone busy signals:

Bottom 3: Bucky, Ace, and Katharine -- The Top 3: Taylor, Kellie, and Chris
                          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Speedtek, you're right — *everyone* sucked last night. It was the worst AI so far this season. Song choices were bad, they sang horribly — it was painful to watch.

And, oh yeah, Ace was disgusting with his eye-f***ing the camera/home audience. I am so over him. Get the hook!
                            Last edited by MadAzza; March 29, 2006, 01:25 PM. Reason: ace

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                              [...]And, oh yeah, Ace was disgusting with his eye-f***ing the camera/home audience. I am so over him. Get the hook!
                              Dang...I missed him again. Watched from Mandisa on. I agree...song choices sucked big time but I still got chicken skin when both Mandisa and Paris sang.

Comment

The bottom 3 tonight were:

Ace, Lisa, Katherine... Lisa was eliminated

My favorite of the seasons is still season 2 with Clay Aiken & Ruben Studdard. Those 2 always sounded superb. With this group, it's hit and miss.
                                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Working...
                                X