X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey on Maui!

March 24th!

Re: Journey on Maui!

Journey will be performing at the Blaisdell on March 26th. Tickets on sale this Saturday.

Comment

Correction...a band with a new singer will be preforming . No Steve Perry....no Journey...sorry
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
        Correction...a band with a new singer will be preforming . No Steve Perry....no Journey...sorry
        I'm confused! Are you saying that Journey with Arnel Pineda will be performing...or another band completely?

Comment

Journey to play 3 concerts in Hawaii
          The band's popularity is probably at its highest since it first became big in the 1970s and 1980s when former band members Santana and Steve Perry were in the group. The renewed interest of late has been sparked by Filipino sensation Arnel Pineda, the group's the lead singer who debuted in Februrary 2008.The band discovered Pineda while watching a YouTube video of Pineda doing Journey covers.The band's first album with Pineda, Revelation, debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard charts this past June and sold nearly 200,000 copies in the first two weeks.Journey will perform March 24 at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center Amphitheater, March 26 at the Blaisdell Arena and March 28 at the Waikoloa Bowl on the Big Island.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            I'm confused! Are you saying that Journey with Arnel Pineda will be performing...or another band completely?
            Without Perry it's never Journey

Flickr

Comment

Journey with Arnel...and he is GOOD....

Comment

Originally posted by Maui Tom View Post
                Journey with Arnel...and he is GOOD....
                Arnel's incredible...hot, too!

Comment

$55, the going rate now?...

Steve Miller's cheapest seats are $55 as well.
                  Yes, I'm living in the past, and am a skinflint..., but I'm not dying enuf to shell out good $ for this level of acts. Good, but not great.
                  The Miller show gives more band for the buck with JCYoung opening and ol' Joe Cocker in tow.
                  Bet both sell out, however.

Who's opening for Journey?
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Arnel's incredible...hot, too!
                    What pissed me off is the redid all of Perry's classics with Arnel. It wasn't like Hagar stepping in for Roth when VanHalen got an all new sound, Journey went looking for a Perry sound a like . I'm just an old school fan I guess.

Flickr

Comment

They had a heavy burden, to try and carry on without Perry, and finding someone who could handle his duties was tried and failed until Neil stumbled upon this guy. Otherwise they would have to start anew and go in a different direction without benefit of their old catalog.
                      They seem to wish to purge themselves of the Perry debacle and use this stunning opportunity and new momentum towards another decade of success. Perry has made his choices and the band isn't thinking about him any more.
                      I kinda would have preferred the new direction aspect, as I'm tired of the Perry years. Maybe this revitalization will provide something for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                        What pissed me off is the redid all of Perry's classics with Arnel. It wasn't like Hagar stepping in for Roth when VanHalen got an all new sound, Journey went looking for a Perry sound a like . I'm just an old school fan I guess.
                        There's nuthin' wrong with being a Journey purist and you're obvious much more well versed in this music than I. I'm not a purist as I like(d) Journey with Perry and Pineda. But that doesn't guarantee that I'd like that band with another singer. I'm a Pineda fan!

Comment

There's nuthin' wrong with being a Journey purist and you're obvious much more well versed in this music than I. I'm not a purist as I like(d) Journey with Perry and Pineda. But that doesn't guarantee that I'd like that band with another singer. I'm a Pineda fan!
                          I know what I like. I remember Journey's First 3 albums BEFORE Perry. They were pure and sweet with then keyboardist Gregg Rolie doing the vocals. When they add Steve to the band, it was a gradual transition to the new Journey. Gregg slowly faded back to let Steve take the lead. IMO, the last great album Journey made was Captured It was the last time the sound that made me a fan was heard.

Flickr

Comment

I originally saw Journey during their first national tour, in support of their first LP, opening for Iron Butterfly at the Long Beach Arena in LA.
                            Iron Butterfly were better...

Comment

well, just trying ticketmaster.com at the moment, and by the several attempts..it appears the tickets for blaisdell are sold out...

already, there is someone on the ticketmaster website selling a one (1) pair of tickets near the front of the stage for over $900.00!!!! Section CC yikes...

i'm thinking/hoping they'll have another one on saturday night...

Comment

Working...
                              X