X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Checkers and Pogo

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
    R.I.P. Cleo The Hippo

Sad to see the passing of the animal that was responsible for one of the most dramatic and traumatic (for a little kid) moments on "On The Go" when she attacked the KGMB cameraman while trying to protect her young baby.
    Sad news indeed.

Cleo coming to the rescue for her baby was obviously the highlight of that On The Go episode. But I believe they also filmed footage of another longtime and much beloved resident of Honolulu Zoo, Empress the elephant. At the time she passed away, I believe that Empress was the longest living elephant in captivity.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
      R.I.P. Cleo The Hippo

Sad to see the passing of the animal that was responsible for one of the most dramatic and traumatic (for a little kid) moments on "On The Go" when she attacked the KGMB cameraman while trying to protect her young baby.

Cleo will be sent to a university lab for research and study.
      ========================

The story behind the story....
      http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9988/40/

Comment

Kudos to KGMB for recognizing their association with the late hippo and getting the cameraman and Arnone on the phone yesterday for a new update.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          For you Hawaii 5-0 fans with the season 4 DVD set, quick. Take out disc 5 and watch the episode "While You're At It, Bring In The Moon." You'll see Professor Fun (aka Fred Ball) making a couple of brief appearances as a nosy reporter. And guess what he's wearing?

A Checkers & Pogo Aloha shirt.

Fred's wearing a blue pattern. I had one with a brown pattern. Many sizes ago, of course.

I just noticed that tonight as I was watching the same episode.

GOPF (Good Old Professor Fun)

Comment

This bumps this topic. Morgan White who played Pogo Poge died in Provo, Utah. Besides playing Pogo on "Checkers & Pogo" on KGMB TV, he also did radio at the same station when it was also called KGMB (today KSSK). He worked for Cec Heftel for most of the time.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/...asp?S=13100888

There is another thread about White on the board, but if you want to discuss Checkers & Pogo this is the thread to continue.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Morgan and I were scheduled to get together in a few weeks for an interview. I had talked to his son just a few days before he died and knew he was ill, but did not know how ill he was. He loved playing Pogo, in fact I have a handwritten letter from Morgan from this past June that has Checkers & Pogo stationary on it. Amazing that in just a few short years Hawthorne, Donnelly, Demarest, and White have all passed away. Kudos to Lawrence Pacheco who in 1999 was able to interview all of them for a wonderful tv special he produced that aired on KGMB.

Comment

Anyone know if that Checkers & Pogo Remembered special was produced on dvd? I only know of the VHS version.

Comment

Working...
                X