"The Middleman"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Middleman"

I stumbled across a series called The Middleman while browsing iTunes last week. Originally this 12 episode series ran on ABC Family during the summer/fall of 2008. I purchased the first episode of the series from iTunes and tells the story of one Wendy Watson who is some how recruited to help someone called The Middleman, a trouble shooter who stops the plans of evil (or mad) sciencist, aliens and other things that would require the services of a super hero (or a person with big gun) to save the day.

From the one episode I have seen it's a quriky but fun with a good amount of sight gags, title cards and puns.

Re: "The Middleman"

We love The Middleman. Because it's on ABC Family, they have to keep it clean, but there's a lot of winks and sneaky references for adults to enjoy. Add to that a writing staff that's steeped in pop culture and sci-fi references, usually packing episodes with easter eggs and tributes, and you've got a great show.

Comment

Hopefully the show will be back this year. I've read that it might not return.

I like the show too but it took some getting used to for me. It is a very quirky show and the dialog can go a mile a minute sometimes.

I hope we can see new adventures of "Dubby" and The Middleman soon.

Comment

The DVD for this series got released last month. Picked up a copy from Barnes & Noble via special order.

Comment

Working...
        X