• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Star Corey Haim Has Died

LOS ANGELES, March 11, 2010

Actor Corey Haim Dies at 38
    Canadian "Lost Boys" Star Dies of Reported Overdose

(CBS) Canadian actor Corey Haim, known best for his role in the 1987 hit "The Lost Boys" has died, Los Angeles police confirmed Wednesday.

Officials said his death appears to have been accidental. Celebrity news Web site TMZ reports that, according to police sources, he died of an apparent overdose.

The 38-year-old actor had reportedly been struggling with drug addiction.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6284974.shtml

Re: 80's Star Corey Haim Has Died

I saw that on Yahoo News this morning. Very sad. My prayers go out to his family. He hasn't looked well in a long time.

I remember my older sister had the License to Drive poster on the back of her bedroom door for a couple years. I think that's how I'll probably always remember him. Wherever you are, Corey, I hope you've found peace at last.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Poor guy. It seems as though he struggled with quite a few demons. Like surlygirl, I hope he finds peace at last. Prayers and thoughts to his family and friends.

I had posters of him, Patrick Swayze, and River Phoenix on my walls when I was a teenager. Haim and I are the same age. It's so tragic.
      Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Whenever Corey Haim's name is brought up, one can't help but think "1980s" and "Corey Feldman." (The two of them starred together in iconic flicks like The Lost Boys, License To Drive, and Dream A Little Dream.)

But once the '80s passed and Haim was no longer a teenager, his star power quickly faded and he settled into a steady diet of low-budget B movies, many of which went "direct to video." There were several more projects reuniting him with Feldman, but by then, the box-office chemistry that the 2 Coreys once had was all but spent.

Then things really got bad for him. Haim probably entered and exited more drug rehab centers than Robert Downey Jr. At his lowest point, he declared for personal bankruptcy and even stooped to auctioning off clips of his hair and a tooth molar on eBay.

After a few years of inactivity, he had started getting busy again as both an actor and a production executive. IMDb even lists a couple of movies in pre-production that he was supposed to be directing. And then, this happens. Sad.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Was this another sad ending for a former child star?

Comment

Working...
          X