Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by 808Dad View Post
    I made lunch for me 8yr old daughter today. When I dropped her off at school I told her I made a special lunch and to think of me during her lunch break. She replied, "I always think of you all day Dad, LOVE YOU." She then ran to her class. I stood their and soaked it in. Can't wait to see her after work.
    Ah, daughters. Glad I gots one. And soon, a granddaughter will enter the picture.

Comment

I received one of those recordable cards from my daughter for Mother's Day...in her own voice. I love technology but will be devastated when the battery conks out...by tomorrow, probably!!!

Comment

The past three hours. . .amazing company, amazing conversation, what a lady.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

P.K. was in a car accident. Car is totalled but my honey is ok.

That's the Best Part of TODAY.

Trials and tribulations?

Get plenny.

*winks*

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lynn - i'm so glad PK is ok!

My good thing today was receiving a surprise package from my dear friend in Reno. We have been best friends since 1969! She sent me a little sign to hang from my door knob that says:

"Good friends are like stars - you don't always see them, but you know they are always there."

It brought tears to my eyes and makes me realize how fortunate I am to have a friend like this who knows about all my warts & wrinkles and loves me anyway.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I received one of those recordable cards from my daughter for Mother's Day...in her own voice. I love technology but will be devastated when the battery conks out...by tomorrow, probably!!!
              When that day happens send it to me and I'll rewire the card and make an MP4 video clip of it so you can play it on your iPhone or on your computer.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                Lynn - i'm so glad PK is ok!
                Mahalo Fran.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 808Dad View Post
                  I made lunch for me 8yr old daughter today.
                  Blessed Be 808! Involved DADS RULE!

There was a several year period when this Dad made breafast for the whole family because 'uaifi was working an early job and matapule started later. Two daughters about 6 to 8 range at the time. Dad's rules were no breafast until bed is made, room cleaned, hair combed, and ready for school. I had a routine, 5 different breafast on 5 days but repeating each week - oatmeal, pancakes, Fresno French Toast, cinnamon toast, cold cereal (Cap'n Crunch was the favorite). 'Uaifi made the really good breafasts on the weekends. Anyways, the girlies came charging downstairs each weekday morning ready to go. They liked Dad's breafats better than weekend eggs.

Over 30 years later this is a frequent topic of conversation. Priceless! 808 cherish this time, but realize that the memories will last fo'eba.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    P.K. was in a car accident. Car is totalled but my honey is ok.
                    "Totalled" cars represent 95% of the auto traffic in Nuku'alofa!

I bet PK wearing seatbelt, huh? Good for PK, good for Auntie, we rolling now!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

The best part of today was when my Dad came down and we went out to eat at a buffet. Sounds like such a simple thing, I guess, but after losing my Mom 3 1/2 years ago, I especially cherish the time I get to spend with him. He's the best Daddy a gal could ask for! And yes, I tell him that all the time too!
                      Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        P.K. was in a car accident. Car is totalled but my honey is ok.[...]
                        Yikes, Lynn. Miracles rock.
                        Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        When that day happens send it to me and I'll rewire the card and make an MP4 video clip of it so you can play it on your iPhone or on your computer.
                        Really? You can do that? I was thinking of recording the sound from an external recorder then popping it on my iPod. But a video with sound...even better!

Oddly enough, The song that's also included, "(She's) Some Kind of Wonderful", was written the year my daughter was born. Whatta cohinkydink!!!

Comment

I would extract the sound module and speaker from your card, rewire the output and send it directly to my computer's line input on the sound card. From there it's a simple matter of recording it thru a wave editor and save that audio file.

Then I would scan card itself and turn that into a .JPG file.

Combine both the audio file and the .JPG file into a .WMV or .MP4 file and burn it to a DVD or leave it as a .MP4 file so you can enjoy it on your computer.

If I save it as a mobile .MP4 file and if you have a cell phone that can playback video files, then you can sync it to your phone and view it there. If you have a smart phone, you can use it as a video ringtone and apply it to your daughter's phone number. When she calls, you'll hear what she recorded on that card and see the scan of it as well.

Ain't technology wonderful?
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            "Totalled" cars represent 95% of the auto traffic in Nuku'alofa!

I bet PK wearing seatbelt, huh? Good for PK, good for Auntie, we rolling now!
                            Originally posted by KeleiGrrrl View Post
                            The best part of today was when my Dad came down and we went out to eat at a buffet. Sounds like such a simple thing, I guess, but after losing my Mom 3 1/2 years ago, I especially cherish the time I get to spend with him. He's the best Daddy a gal could ask for! And yes, I tell him that all the time too!
                            Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Yikes, Lynn. Miracles rock.
                            I LOVE GOD with all my heart and soul. I believe in dreams and wishes coming true. I believe in MIRACLES. God sent his mightest of Angels to protect my P.K. and the other driver. He could have been sandwich in by two trucks, instead the car went into the back of the truck. Yes, he was wearing a seat belt. Yes, we have insurance.

For those who know what I've been going through these past few months...sigh. Yesterday, when I received the call, my heart stopped. All I could think about was my sweet darling husband. Nothing in the world mattered except my love for God and him. Until you've actually lost a significant other, you will not know the pain I was feeling. To hear the words "your husband is not hurt." was more than music to my ears. I felt dizzy and nearly collasped from being overjoyed.

Why am I including KeleiGrrrl's post? Because nothing is a simple thing. Enjoy and cherish your loved ones. Live, Love and especially, share ALOHA with everyone you meet.

I hope I'm making sense and not jabbering away.

I am so happy. After all, it is Mother's Day Eve. heheheh

I LOVE YOU ALL,

Auntie Lynn
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yikes, Craig...that sounds like a lot of work! And, yes, technology rocks, but sometimes the user doesn't. I don't have a smart phone!

Comment

Auntie Lynn, I'm thrilled to hear that PK is fine. What a great and well-deserved Mother's Day gift for you!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X