Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Na Mea Ho`ohau`oli > The Big Picture
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 9th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Ali`i

Default Vampires in movies

I am just wondering since when did vampires in movies have the ability of superspeed?
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Vampires in movies

Super speed has change from the vampire in Plan from Outer Space. He would just walk slowly towards a person while his cloak covered the bottom half of his face.
Even zombies are getting faster since 28 Days Later.
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Ali`i

In addition, the first vampire with superspeed in video games was Alucard in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Ali`i

doesn't answer your "movies" question, but according to this, superspeed was a trait of bram stoker's vampires. not that i'd consider wikipedia a completely trustworthy source. i'm sure you can find a copy of the vampire book to browse through at bookoff; that should have the answer.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Last edited by cynsaligia; November 10th, 2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Ali`i

superspeed!! Hmmm I wonder if they could use that power in daily household chores too! But then superspeed probably wouldn't be a good thing in bed "What done already!?"
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Ali`i

How fast can Elvira run when those things won't stay in place?
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Ali`i

I don't remember in the movie The Lost Boys having anyone doing a superspeed feat, flight yeah. Other vampire movies that I remember are Blade, Interview with a Vampire, Vampires or Underworld which superspeed are not shown. However the last vampire movie I saw is Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant had the vampire doing superspeed moves and the assistant had a humorous try at the move. The TV ads for The Twilight Saga: New Moon also showed some superspeed action.
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Ali`i

Talking Re: Vampires in movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
But then superspeed probably wouldn't be a good thing in bed "What done already!?"
It wouldn't be good for your partner. Friction minus Lubrication spells trouble.

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Kia`aina

Send a message via AIM to sophielynette

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen View Post
Other vampire movies that I remember are Blade, Interview with a Vampire, Vampires or Underworld which superspeed are not shown.

Actually, superspeed -is- shown in Interview with a Vampire. Remember when Louis turns on the light from across the room and freaks the reporter out?
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Haumana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
doesn't answer your "movies" question, but according to this, superspeed was a trait of bram stoker's vampires.
Yes! Although it was never mentioned as super speed -- just the uncanny and disconcerting ability for the vampire to never be where he was at the last time. BTW, the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula was pretty true to the book.
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Ali`i

i would say superspeed was shown in the underworld series. maybe it's not readily apparent bcs the story centered around the undead; mere humans didn't figure much in the storyline. tis evident in the scene where selene fights the police while trying to save hybrid boy, who had gained the authorities' attention when he gakked loudly after trying to eat human food.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
It wouldn't be good for your partner. Friction minus Lubrication spells trouble.
twould cause figurative burn in humans; literal burn in the fanged undead. "come on baby, light my fire" is so not a line a vamp would use.

re elvira: what need is there for superspeed when other comely assets practically compel food to walk itself to you? to quote spike from btvs: happy meals on legs.

Old August 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Ali`i

In the movie Dark Shadows it was shown that Barnabas used a burst of superspeed to save someone from a falling object.

Also in this movie and the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter that silver could hurt vampires, I had the impression that werewolves had the weakness to silver, not vampires.