Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB Sunrise

I'm watching it now.

Actually looks pretty good if a bit too fast paced.

I like Grace Lee, Howard Dicus and especially Jeff Booth... Jeff is a natural.

Steve is very good too, just needs to loosen up a bit and have fun!

I hope they let the four of them relax and banter a bit more.

Re: KGMB Sunrise--

I caught the first twenty minutes and am TiVoing the rest. I agree -- it needs to slow down a little. It was all over the place.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yeah everything is over-scripted.

At one point, Howard Dicus sounded like a robot he was forced to read from a script.

But Howard's magic is ad-libbing, because he can be himself and add his humor.

Finally he just told the three he was gonna go off the script and he started explaining the visitor arrivals using Lego!!!!

Comment

Re: KGMB Sunrise

Originally posted by foolish heart View Post
        I'm watching it now.

Actually looks pretty good if a bit too fast paced.

I like Grace Lee, Howard Dicus and especially Jeff Booth... Jeff is a natural.

Steve is very good too, just needs to loosen up a bit and have fun!

I hope they let the four of them relax and banter a bit more.
        I agree. Steve has to loosen up. Howard can still shake things up. Overall, they should banter more. But I'll still be watching their morning newscasts...for now. We'll see how it progresses.

Though it was nice to see the a couple of the original hosts of "Sunrise" as their in-studio guests. And the "Traffic Tracker" was kinda neat too.

Comment

Yeah everything is over-scripted.

At one point, Howard Dicus sounded like a robot he was forced to read from a script.

But Howard's magic is ad-libbing, because he can be himself and add his humor.

Finally he just told the three he was gonna go off the script and he started explaining the visitor arrivals using Lego!!!!
          not sure how long "the splainer" can get away with using props to explain what he's talking about like his audience is a bunch of dopes. Seems a bit much..overall though, the show is pretty good for just getting started.

Comment

Nice change watching KGMB this morning. Nice to see Howard again and the new faces to start off the morning.
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I woke up in time to see the last 20 min. and within that short time was impressed with the quality of a first show. I had no idea that my adorable friend, Lei Becker Furtado, was a part of a tv show in the 50s!!! Humble, that one. She's a beautiful hula dancer so that's what I know her for...that, and aerobics class!!! With her gorgeous looks it's hard to believe her age...which I won't reveal here!

Comment

Originally posted by 808golfer View Post
                not sure how long "the splainer" can get away with using props to explain what he's talking about like his audience is a bunch of dopes.[...]
                Do you really believe Howard's use of props infers that?

Comment

not sure how long "the splainer" can get away with using props to explain what he's talking about like his audience is a bunch of dopes. Seems a bit much..overall though, the show is pretty good for just getting started.
                  Have you been under a rock for the last 8 years? It's Howard's SHTICK! You gotta be kidding me! It's what has endeared him to viewers and readers for quite some time. He's built a following based on the yellow legal pad, airplanes, kitty kat and his aw-shucks attitude that helps bring the biz news home.

I didn't work at PBN with Howard, but when I did work there, the goal was to get PBN into the hands of more than just business owners, but employees, too. It's inspiring when employees take an interest in PBN because it means such news is being consumed by regular folks and not just captains of industry.

KGMB's hiring of The Explainer was a very smart move. He'll figure out that looking at the camera (US!) is better than looking at the anchors, soon enough.

Trip me out, 808goofer!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

With the debut of "Sunrise", KGMB unveiled a new look to their website.

http://www.kgmb9.com

Comment

I missed the original hosts and the Traffic Tracker

Must have been neat

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                      I agree. Steve has to loosen up. Howard can still shake things up. Overall, they should banter more. But I'll still be watching their morning newscasts...for now. We'll see how it progresses.

Though it was nice to see the a couple of the original hosts of "Sunrise" as their in-studio guests. And the "Traffic Tracker" was kinda neat too.

Comment

I guess that is one way to look at it, but I think he's just doing it tongue-in-cheek style.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                          With the debut of "Sunrise", KGMB unveiled a new look to their website.

http://www.kgmb9.com
                          good find!

Comment

I thought the show was a bit too formal as well. Was hoping to see more of Howard's personality. And during Jeff Booth's profile, he was said to be a funny, outgoing character. You could hardly tell from the initial broadcast.

Their Google Earth-like traffic fly through is kinda neat.

http://www.pulpconnection.net/2007/0...fessional.html
                            Addicted to Passions and Pulp
                            http://www.pulpconnection.net

Comment

I missed the original hosts and the Traffic Tracker

Must have been neat
                              A video of this and a lot more.. on KGMB's new website!!!! Yes, they have videos uploaded now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X