Whacky reasons to commit fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whacky reasons to commit fraud

Every so often I get email from random people asking me to help them with their plans to what amounts to helping them commit fraud on some scale. I know the real reason is they are trying to commit ID theft by taking my ID which is why I don't respond to these messages but I kind of wonder from time to time if some of these messages are true. If so then the author is more of an idiot for lack of planning of getting the funds out if they have to get a complete stranger to help them out, like the example message below:

Originally posted by from an email message
    We moved this money and kept it safe here in Baghdad's fortified Green Zone, Now that we are handing over Security of the Green Zone to the Iraqis. We need to move the funds now. You know the funds are legal and we got it from selling crude oil at the black market. we want to move the funds from Irag now to a secure place or location. Can you provide that for us.?
    Really, like how do they know that I know that the funds are legal?

Re: Whacky reasons to commit fraud

I think you'd better ask Random why his people are sending you those emails!
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
      I think you'd better ask Random why his people are sending you those emails!
      Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Helen - there are no funds. These are all variations on what's known as the "Nigerian Scam". I get these all the time and usually delete. But, when one comes along that is epecially creative in their offer - sometimes I reply back & lie a lot. It can be fun to get them all confused!
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

There's a group of folks who like nothing better than to bait the baiters and out scam the scammers:

419Eater

Comment

"419" is the section of code in Nigeria that covers these types of scams.

(in case anyone was wondering )
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
            X