Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Yes, I was just guessing Parker or Kualoa Ranch too.

It would help if I posted the ad so you or others can determine the location.

I will try and work on doing this.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
      [...]
      It would help if I posted the ad so you or others can determine the location.
      [...]
      I'd love to see it! M e m o r i e s !!!

Comment

A few older commercials and or older stuff that still click in my head:

The middle 1980's intro to the KITV 4 Newscast with Tim Tindall, Tina Shelton, and Russell Shimooka, I've been looking to see if anyone has this on video and can put this on youtube. I thought this intro was most dignified compared to now.

In the 1990's, Joe Moore instead of the news teaser he would show his feeling toward the episode of ER or do one with Pat Sajak for those who would turn from KHNL to KHON for the news at 10 right after the first credits.

Didi Ah Yo's updated Creative Holidays commercial where she would just say "hi, i'm didi ah yo..." and they would say "AND AWAY WE GO".

The news teasers from KHON from the 1980's to 1990's whenever the announcer would say "UP TO THE MINUTE HEADLINES FROM CHANNEL 2 NEWS".

Just a few thoughts, I'm sure I'll have more later that I can think about.

Comment

KITV's news back then had shots of the city at night, with photo's of the news team and the sports would be called "big board sports" whether it was Rick Quan or Russ Shimooka. Rick Quan stayed until 1987, left for the bay area where he still is today, not sure when Russ left for Miami I think and of course came back, later to KGMB and anchored with Jade Moon late 90's. Dave Wiggins moved from sports to weekend anchor around mid 80's if I remember right.

Aj

Comment

Re: More old Commercials-Christmas

The ghost of Christmas past is back. So here are some Christmas oldies from 1986. Includes Melveen, Loyal, Times, Coble, Kramers, Kids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTDEGmKJIts

Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

KITV's news back then had shots of the city at night, with photo's of the news team and the sports would be called "big board sports" whether it was Rick Quan or Russ Shimooka. Rick Quan stayed until 1987, left for the bay area where he still is today, not sure when Russ left for Miami I think and of course came back, later to KGMB and anchored with Jade Moon late 90's. Dave Wiggins moved from sports to weekend anchor around mid 80's if I remember right.

Aj
              If I recall, Russell came to KARE 11 Minneapolis in the late 90's to i think a early part of the 00's it was either before or after his "second coming" at KGMB. For some reason, I liked KITV's one because it seemed like it was more "alerting", I'm looking for perhaps someone who has the intro on video but coming up empty still. Any help?

Comment

Commercials?

Lex Brodie, thank you, very much.

Kenny Rogers on horseback, eating pineapple.

The man from the Ala Moana aquarium fish store, talking about the 'fishes'.

The bread commercial with the old man crabbing...what was the name of the song that went with it? Something about small-kid time..
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                  [...]
                  Kenny Rogers on horseback, eating pineapple.
                  [...]
                  That was a national commercial for Dole that just happened to air in Hawaii too. It was produced circa 1987. I have some great memories of working on that one...including a flash flood that hit the set in the pineapple fields in Waialua and having to be carried to safety by 2 drop dead, gorgeous firemen ...and Kenny giving me a ticket to his concert at the Shell that evening. He had to be choppered out of location in order to make it to the Shell on time. My car had to be dug out of the mud so I was a bit late and very, very dirty! I got a subtle shout out from the stage which was a thrill! Kenny was a joy to work with which I can't say of many celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by oldiebuff View Post
                    If I recall, Russell came to KARE 11 Minneapolis in the late 90's to i think a early part of the 00's it was either before or after his "second coming" at KGMB. For some reason, I liked KITV's one because it seemed like it was more "alerting", I'm looking for perhaps someone who has the intro on video but coming up empty still. Any help?
                    I'm pretty sure I have the opening news clip, but not sure what tape it is on.

Aj

Comment

Anybody remember a couple of locally produced Krispy Kreme Doughnuts commercials from the early '80s? One had Ron Wiley (back when he was still working for KIKI) and another had Rip Taylor w/a couple of gorgeous hula dancers.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Does anyone remember Kelly Hu doing a McDonalds commercial 20 years ago by chance, sure looks like her??

I just watched a Wendy's commercial celebrating 10 years on the Islands from 1987 with Danny Kalekini.

Here's another....silly Meadow Gold ad with people dressed as fudge sticks and ice cycle pops dancing around a freezer with a dark haired Michael W. Perry rapping with a boombox.

KalihiBoy
                        ====================
                        found the meadow gold spot in a Smothers Bros show from 1988
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPcY0__GukM

Comment

If I can recall, I remember local commercials in the late 90's or so about the Hawaii Dental Association or something? I remember there was a commercial that featured a child doing professional yo yo skills and another commercial featuring a man dancing and showing his moves, as he for performed in UH Games??? I'm not sure. And I am wondering what were the names of those people featured in those commercials???

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                            [...]And I am wondering what were the names of those people featured in those commercials???
                            As a privacy issue I'll caution posting names in a public forum unless those names were either referred to in the commercial, were supered as a graphic or permission is granted!

(Hmmm...ya can take the girl outta the work but ya can't take the work outta the girl! )

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              As a privacy issue I'll caution posting names in a public forum unless those names were either referred to in the commercial, were supered as a graphic or permission is granted!

(Hmmm...ya can take the girl outta the work but ya can't take the work outta the girl! )
                              Their names were mentioned in the commercials. I just don't remember who they were.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                                Their names were mentioned in the commercials. I just don't remember who they were.
                                Me either! I didn't work on those spots so have no files to check. Possibly this is the boy (scroll half way down the page)? He also appeared on Jay Leno's show.

Comment

Working...
                                X