Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Virginia Tech shootings!

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    Just got word that all my sisters at VT are accounted for. What a relief.

Still, this doesn't take away from the sadness I feel for all the lives lost and all those hurt.
    GODD news! That is how I felt when my family was in the Oregon school shootings. It is terrifying to say the least. We only lost one but it was still really scary.
    I can sympathize with the VA people.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My front desk supervisors brother was shot in the arm. It is amazing/scary, how one persons momentary act of insanity, can so many lives. What a truly senseless act.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        My front desk supervisors brother was shot in the arm. It is amazing/scary, how one persons momentary act of insanity, can so many lives. What a truly senseless act.
        wow...talk about "degrees of separation"! Hopefully all the wounded will have swift, uncomplicated recoveries.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
          Just got word that all my sisters at VT are accounted for. What a relief.[...]
          Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          My front desk supervisors brother was shot in the arm.[...]
          You know what's amazing to me? Here we are, a small forum on the internet...just a blip on the web radar...and we have at least 2 members with ties to this heinous event.

Comment

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]This is a letter that I sent to the Virginia State Police, the FBI and many others in authority. These things HAVE to stop occurring!

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]PLEASE investigate the connection between antidepressants and uncharacteristically violent behavior. Then find out which antidepressant/s this recent school shooter was on and you'll know before everyone else, why he did what he did today. The FDA now warns about this little "side" effect. Nearly ALL of the school and workplace shooters were on one or more, mind-altering antidepressants. Eric Harris, one of the Columbine shooters, was on Luvox, an SSRI. Please do some research! Please STOP the drug companies from getting away with murder, literally! They spend millions trying to keep these "little" problems from getting publicized. As long as this type of psychiatric drug is on the market, these incidents of violence will continue. Until this "side" effect is common knowledge and warned about and drug companies are held responsible, officials and the general public, will continue to be perplexed by this type of violence. To those of us who've been affected so negatively by antidepressants, there is NO doubt that this type of drug can cause wildly uncharacteristic, over-the-top, even violent behaviors. There are hundreds of tragic stories and clear evidence, on many related sites on the internet. Many, many cases have been settled out of court, so plaintiffs can no longer talk to the media about what happened to them.
            Last edited by Spin444; April 16, 2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Imagine how much better the world would be if such shooters were to aim the barrel at themselves first.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Blech, woke up today to hear about this and immediately tried to contact one of my friends online that goes there. Her computer just happened to break down this week too so it was even more scary not knowing if she was okay, but she was able to contact people and let us know she was okay so I was relieved. One of her high school friends was shot in the arm though, can't even imagine how she's feeling after all this...so horrible
                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Reminds me of Hawaii's worst mass murderer: Bryan K. Uyesugi

Modern United States worst mass murderer: ??? Chinese National????

Why aren't they talking about the shooter? They admit he murdered his x-girlfriend first so there must be people who know exactly who this guy is. Since when does the news media hold off on identifying the murderer, especially with these circumstances?

Funny kine, no?
                  Last edited by kamuelakea; April 16, 2007, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    You know what's amazing to me? Here we are, a small forum on the internet...just a blip on the web radar...and we have at least 2 members with ties to this heinous event.
                    Make that...3.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post

Modern United States worst mass murderer: ??? Chinese National????

Why aren't they talking about the shooter? They admit he murdered his x-girlfriend first so there must be people who know exactly who this guy is. Since when does the news media hold off on identifying the murderer, especially with these circumstances?

Funny kine, no?
                      Something odd I heard on national news (ABC), that he had shot himself, had no identification, and made it so he would be so mutilated he couldn't be identified. chilling.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Make that...3.
                        Oh Sue...hugs.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I have not seen any other official descriptions of the alleged assassin except that he was a student, in his 20s and was of "Asian descent". "Asian" could mean Japanese, Chinese, Korean, East Indian, Indonesian, etc. etc.

What has been officially confirmed is that one of the victims was a well respected professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, who just happened to be of East Indian descent.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                            Oh Sue...hugs.
                            Not me, LG...Kupomog.

I went thru knowing someone who knew someone during Colombine. That was enough for me. That, and my daughter was missing for a few hours after she was evacuated from her workplace during the 1992 Rodney King riots. That was waaaaaay more than enough for me. It's amazing how the body reacts under that kind of stress.

Comment

Modern United States worst mass murderer: Cho Seung-Hui, a 23-year-old South Korean.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
                                Modern United States worst mass murderer: Cho Seung-Hui, a 23-year-old South Korean.

Not quite. Andrew Kehoe still holds the record.
                                "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Working...
                                X