Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Honua > The American Asylum
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:51 AM
Ali`i

Default Weiner Dog

http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/polit...ory/?gt1=43001

He has to come clean. Because the cover up is bigger than the liar liar pants on fire.
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:10 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Weiner Dog

Would he have REALLY been so stupid?
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:24 AM
Ali`i

your link is about his so-called "playboy past". Who cares? He was single.

as for the current story - is there proof the photo was actually of Weiner? and its been reported that he has hired an attorney and there is an investigation of possible hacking in progress. Let's refrain from posting petty gossip until something is proven, shall we?
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Ali`i

This story was posted on MSN? I thought they were a tool of the left-wing liberal media, and only posting negative articles about conservative Teapublicans. IF the story is true and he is not qualifiied to hold a political office, then neither is the Newtzie. It is a two-way street.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Ali`i

Sluts of all stripes, UNITE!
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon
Red face Re: Weiner Dog

Via ABC's "The Note":
Quote:
Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York says he "cannot say with certitude" whether or not the photo of a man in gray boxer briefs posted to his Twitter account Friday night is him.

But Weiner, 46, reiterated in an interview with MSNBC's Luke Russert that he did not deliberately send the image over the public social media network, and that his account was "hacked."
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Ali`i

maybe its not a, shall we say, "flattering" photo?
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:32 PM
Ali`i

What, a mini link?
Old June 2nd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Ali`i

Until a computer hacker expert speaks out to back up Weiner story. It's a dog ate my homework explanation.
Isn't he keeping up with the ex-Ohio St. football coach story with the coverup being worse than the wrongdoing?
Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:48 AM
Ali`i

This just in from Paul Ogata, who can't remember his HT login info!!!

Quote:
So Rep. Weiner tweeted a pic of his weiner? You should probably unfollow Reps Frank, Peters, Johnson, Boehner and Cummings while you still can.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Ali`i

Weiner Apologizes For Being 'A Little Stiff'......."We’re trying to get to the bottom of where the picture came from, and we’re trying to get to the bottom of what it’s of and who it’s of,"..........."We’ve asked an internet security firm and a law firm to take a hard look at this"............."Weiner apologized earlier on Wednesday for having been "a little stiff".............

this story gets funnier by the minute!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Last edited by matapule; June 2nd, 2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Ali`i

Now Jon Stewart of the Daily Show is joining in on the fun! Evidently, Jon and Anthony Weiner (pronounced Wine-er) were buddies in their college days. Stewart came to Weiner's defense in his monologue last night, quipping: "In real life, in my memory, this guy had a lot more 'Anthony' and a lot less 'Weiner,'" Stewart said. "The only thing they have in common is that they both lean to the extreme left!"

Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:45 AM
Ali`i

Do you think that the media has been hard on Weiner?
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Ali`i

The accusations against Weiner are starting to smell. Here is the lowdown on one (maybe both) of the perps who distributed the wiener on the Internet. Very suspicious background. Was this another dirty trick?

Old June 4th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Ali`i

So, has it come out yet [no pun intended] if the photo was real or not?
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Ali`i

I smell crow pie being cooked up by Mrs. Weiner. Better slice it thin, hon, there are many lined up with plates in hand should this new revelation pan out.
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amati View Post
So, has it come out yet [no pun intended] if the photo was real or not?
In my opinion, the photo is real, but the question is who's wiener is pictured - "Pervert" Stack's?"

Old June 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Ali`i

I don't want to see the photo (thank you very much!), and am NOT asking for a link to it (if there is one), but wonder if anyone HAS seen the photo in question? Is there even a real photo, one proven to be valid?
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amati View Post
but wonder if anyone HAS seen the photo in question? Is there even a real photo, one proven to be valid?
Well, I've seen the photo. "Everything" is inside the clothing, but the idea that a man in politics, that knows he is being scrutinized, would take a picture of himself in that .... hummmm..... "condition"... and then send it out through cyberspace is what is really weird about the incident.

So, my guess is that yes the photo is real. But (1) is it a picture of Weiner, and if so, (2)was it hacked?

What is that saying about how you wish you could "take back something your eyes have seen"?
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Kia`aina

Thumbs down Re: Weiner Dog

So... Rep. Chris Lee (R) resigns within hours after his craigslist photo is leaked, minimizing public incidents and admitting wrongdoing; but, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D) purposely commits lewd acts over a span of years, lies about it, snaps at reporters, makes a false statement of hacking (felony), drags it out for 10 days, apologizes, but refuses to resign...

hmm...

Not sure what goes through the minds of most Democratic Congressmen, but their Republican counterparts seem to resign over less. Yet, for some reason they still refuse to step down as public decency demands.

The only thing that shows less decency is the fact that constituents will still vote for him. This country... it's got a disgusting sense of humor.
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Ali`i

From the NYTimes live blog of today's news conference:

Quote:
Around 4:25 p.m. (ET) a tearful Mr. Weiner took the stage and said he had sent a close-up photograph of him in his underwear to a woman on Twitter, then lied about it and claimed he had been hacked. He apologized to his wife, his supporters, his staff, the woman he sent this photo to and to Andrew Breitbart, the blogger who revealed the indiscretion.

Mr. Weiner said he had sent inappropriate photos of himself to six women over three years, mostly before he was married, but some after.

He said he would not resign, and that his marriage was not ending.
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Ali`i

Shoulda fessed up from the start,"Yeah, I did it. It's a prank [too phat fa U], my fellow Americans!"
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
He said he would not resign, and that his marriage was not ending.
Yet. The week is still young.
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd392 View Post
Weiner (D) purposely commits lewd acts over a span of years, lies about it, snaps at reporters, makes a false statement of hacking (felony), drags it out for 10 days, apologizes, but refuses to resign...
Not sure what goes through the minds of most Democratic Congressmen, but their Republican counterparts seem to resign over less. Yet, for some reason they still refuse to step down as public decency demands.
The only thing that shows less decency is the fact that constituents will still vote for him. This country... it's got a disgusting sense of humor.
To even try and compare the occassional 'known' Dem indiscretions to the unending stream of known con abnormalities is absurd. Weiner should resign, and I think he'll be pressured by fellow Dems to do so, which like his marrige will probably come to an end. Those that continue wishing to vote for him now that we know he's guilty are stupid. Compare that to the long list of busted cons who used to fight back relentlessly but are now immediately pushed into resigning by their fellow cons to take the glaring focus off their bad ideas, plus the dedicated con voters who care not how bad their guys are and will always vote against the best interest of America just to be in power, and you get a taste of some truly disgusting attitudes in this country.
Let's keep it real.
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Kia`aina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
To even try and compare the occassional 'known' Dem indiscretions to the unending stream of known con abnormalities is absurd. Weiner should resign, and I think he'll be pressured by fellow Dems to do so, which like his marrige will probably come to an end. Those that continue wishing to vote for him now that we know he's guilty are stupid.
Charlie Rangel is a Congressional cancer, and regardless of pressure (or lack of), there's one piece of garbage that should have terminated years ago, and yet he's still smug and content in his seat. No small "con abnormalities" (regardless of how few or how many) can rival this travesty. Throw the Weiner in the fire too. But if by the end of this term Weiner and Rangel are still in office, it's enough to write Congress off as terminally ill.

I think the small con resignations are more tolerable than keeping large-scale filth like Rangel, Reid, Weiner, Pelosi in positions of high-end power. I'm quite happy that cons who are unfit to serve get kicked out of office or resign, as they should. I am disgusted how the lib/Dem counterparts find the arrogance to stay, even if they do worse.