Stopping the cold flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stopping the cold flu

Got mine 2 weeks ago, visiting a relative with a weakened immune system and want to be healthy around him, cancer and chemo are rotten combinations
    that wrack the body up, we need to be careful around him.

Comment

hi,my dr charge's about maybe around $45-$50 so i go with Hmsa and let them share with me where im to get my flu shot and i go to where they say and i get my flu shot and it help's me without myself getting the flu.

well thank's for your time

Comment

I've been getting annual flu shots for the past several years because I have type II. Haven't come down with the flu until this past early summer. Got laid out for 6 weeks with 2 types of flu and bronchitis. Running fever over 104 for half the time. Doc says more than likely, one of the bugs was the H1N1 and the other was another strain the wife said was going around in the schools. Had worse symptoms than the H1N1. Had to ride out the 2 bugs, but antibiotics took care of the bronchitis right quick. Both wife and daughter also came down with both bugs. Doesn't help the wife also works at the same school our daughter attends. Double whammy. If one don't get it, the other will.

As for this season's shots, Doc says might as well get'em even if I already had the H1N1. Nothing to lose.

Comment

Stock up on paracetamol and get those shots feller.

Comment

Try Occillium available at most health food stores and even Longs Drugs. You take it at the onset of the flu. The stuff really works.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hi,maybe i'll either go to don Quiojte or Foodland in ala moana and it's at the same time only Don Quiojte,i'd take my moped and for ala moana on the 23rd,at ala moana's foodland,i'd take the bus only im deciding on which so when i decide and take my flu shot,i'll post here when i return to share how long the line's maybe.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Stopping the cold and the flu

COLDS:
                Echinecia and goldenseal. A herbal combination. Better than Airborne.
                My colds used to last 7 days; I take 2 capsules every 6 hours and it's gone in 2 days.

FLU:
                My kid got the flu just before our trip to Europe.
                Went to the doctor, he prescribed a med, Tamiflu, and it knocked it out in 3 days! Trick is to diagnose and treat EARLY!
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Stopping the flu

I'm really fortunate in that I only get a cold once every few years and I haven't had the flu in at least a decade. (Probably jinxed myself just saying that, though.)
                  However, once upon a time, back in my college days, I had a bad case of the flu and felt awful. For some reason I grabbed a pint of tequila and drank the whole thing in a couple of hours... got really really drunk... went into the bathroom and puked my guts out "drove the ceramic bus"... and PRESTO! the flu was completely gone!
                  I don't know if the FDA and/or the CDC has researched this, but it did seem like tequila kills flu germs.
                  And like my sig line says...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Safeway is offering flu shots, no appt. needed. Don't know the cost or insurance situation.

Comment

Just got my shot on Wed. 9/16...usually the only reaction I have is a sore arm, but this one just laid me out--made me soooooo sleepy! I took a nap Wed. afternoon, and when I woke up, cursed myself for sleeping so late--I just knew I wouldn't sleep that night (I'm not a nap person for that reason). Well, I slept all night and even slept an hour later than usual--had to really move it to get around for work. Then last night I was in bed by 9:30 (unheard-of for me!) and slept 9 1/2 hours! There was nothing else--no fever, no aches, nothing--just sleepiness and a sore arm. Today I am a lot better. I would much rather have that than a couple of weeks of coughing my brains out! I don't know the cost 'cause our insurance pays for it (got it at the doctor's office), but our son will have to get one at CVS or someplace like that. They are $30 here, no appointment needed. I remember not too far back when they were $15! My husband gets them free at work because they do healthcare research there. And I am a dental office manager, so we really MUST get them to protect ourselves against people who decide to "share" when they come in.

Comment

I do get a 3 day reaction to the flu jab. Sore arm, tiredness etc. Even get abit of fever but it soon moves on

fever but it soon passes,

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          I'm really fortunate in that I only get a cold once every few years and I haven't had the flu in at least a decade. (Probably jinxed myself just saying that, though.)
                          However, once upon a time, back in my college days, I had a bad case of the flu and felt awful. For some reason I grabbed a pint of tequila and drank the whole thing in a couple of hours... got really really drunk... went into the bathroom and puked my guts out "drove the ceramic bus"... and PRESTO! the flu was completely gone!
                          I don't know if the FDA and/or the CDC has researched this, but it did seem like tequila kills flu germs.
                          And like my sig line says...
                          This killed me! I think you should figure out a way to market this. Team up with Cuervo. "Have a margarita, drown the flu!"

Although...was your hangover worse than the flu itself?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                            Although...was your hangover worse than the flu itself?
                            Only for a little while. And a few hours of a hangover was a whole lot better than a few more days of the flu!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Swine Flu

hi soon,i'll be getting my flu/swine flu shot at time's supermarket at liliha square and if it happen's that they take my hmsa as my 2nd primary care provider,i'd get it for nothing and if i have to,i have $25.00 and i have my $25.00 ready just in case and i have an appoinment for 9:30 Am so im taking our local bus to liliha square and get my flu/swine flu shot this morning.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and this morning,i went to time's liliha and i had my flu/swine flu and influenza shot and i had one shot combining all of these and they time pharmacy had the flu/swine and influenza shot and they the pharmacy took my hmsa as my primary care provider and after that,i shopped and came home and had a vinegar sushi lunch which i purchased at toyo sushi and the new dim sum place doesnt sell black sugar manapua,only charisiu and black sugar gindoi so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X