Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Route 808
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Thunderbirds Over Waikiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoGeek View Post
Good shot. Your first one seemed a bit noisy. Cropped or high ISO? What lens are you using?

Also, I can't get your link to work.

Edit: Duh. I figured out the link problem. "www" not "ww". Don't know why I couldn't see that. Too busy looking at the other end.
My bad on the link URL. Somehow during cutting and pasting I dropped one of the w's...

As for the lens I used, Canon 70 - 300 UM zoom with image stabilizer all shot at 400 ISO with an aging Canon 300D. The photos I post to flickr and other websites are lo-res images and not the originals which I keep all to myself. And the one with the F16 in flight was cropped from a higher res original.

BTW thanks for all your comments on these. I've enjoyed looking at all of the photos posted here. And if you are interested in more photos there are many excellent shots (not by me) on Flickr.com. Just do a search under "Thunderbirds Hawaii" and see what comes up.
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Thunderbirds Over Waikiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel View Post
The photos I post to flickr and other websites are lo-res images and not the originals which I keep all to myself.
What do you consider lo-res? I saw at least one shot on there at 2048 x 1360. That's good for at least a 4x6 at 300dpi. Probably not too shabby 8x10.

And if you are interested in more photos there are many excellent shots (not by me) on Flickr.com. Just do a search under "Thunderbirds Hawaii" and see what comes up.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man. Some really nice shots. A couple of guys even nailed the two solos crossing. No one seems to have gotten the sneak.