Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

First off change your password!

Then if you think it may have been you, yet you don't remember, get to the docs and get a check up. Stress might be getting to you for some reason or other or if you take any kind of medications you may be due for a new work-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
      Depends on how far the abused wife theory is taken:
      Normally, I'm very sympathetic to the plight of battered spouses. But the ones most deserving of concern and consideration are the children. They are the ones who have been victimized the most from this hoax. They are more vulnerable than their mother are to abuse and exploitation.

Mayumi can throw herself at the mercy of the court and paint herself as a sympathetic figure. And there are indications that she has been the target of abuse at the hands of Richard Heene in the past. But if you have the opportunity to see her in action on either of the Heene family appearances on Wife Swap, it's not hard to see how she is every bit as calculating when it comes to seeking fame and attention as her husband is. And until Falcon let slip the true reason for hiding in the attic, it has to be said that Mayumi was every bit as guilty as Richard was in using the kids as pawns in this elaborate scheme of deception to the public.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

That's why I called it a theory.

I'm just waiting and watching to see the rest of the box cars pile up in this train wreck.

Comment

Re: Oooooh, scary!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          The beauty of HT and the like? You don't have to read or participate in any thread that's of no interest to you.
          Speaking for myself..... I haven't contributed as much as a single post on the GPS forum. The topic doesn't hold much interest for me. But that's no reason to disrespect the GPS enthusiasts with "Ainokea! Waste time!" posts.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Unless the courts take the kids away, I'm thinking they will allow her to remain free to care for them should the father do time, and his trials should be first.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              Unless the courts take the kids away, I'm thinking they will allow her to remain free to care for them should the father do time, and his trials should be first.
              If that's the case then it'll be a plea bargain. Otherwise both have shown disregard for the raising of their children and neither should be given the nod to raise them.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Not neccessarily. Prosecutors may decide to drop it before it goes to trial.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  If that's the case then it'll be a plea bargain. Otherwise both have shown disregard for the raising of their children and neither should be given the nod to raise them.
                  Someone with legal expertise can correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the criminal prosecution charges and child custody rights be handled seperately? IOW, even if one or both of the parents avoid prison sentences, that doesn't mean that CPS won't get involved in their case.

No matter what happens to the parents, one would hope that at the very least, a social worker is assigned to monitor that family and the well-being of the children.

Comment

The parents were very stupid, have had their spats, and it's not the perfect home for the kids, but compared to many other true horror story other kids are living thru, this is Dineyland. The kids are seemingly OK enuf and with proper court ordered counseling things should be allowed to work themselves out without so much huhu. The dad will probably do some time and this story will soon fade into history.
                    If it wasn't for the balloon end of it, we'd probably never heard any of this. It's a typical today's kind of family, not that it's good, just sayin'.

Comment

If it wasn't for the balloon end of it, we'd probably never heard any of this. It's a typical today's kind of family, not that it's good, just sayin'.
                      Oh yeah, shurrre Ron. Transporting your children smack dab into the eye of Hurricane Gustav is sooooo typical. And soooo safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwiwskcunKU

If this is your idea of Disneyland, I would hate to ask what your idea of Disney World for the Heenes would be. A hike up Mount Everest?

Comment

Like I said, there are way worse family situations to focus on.

Comment

Like I said, there are way worse family situations to focus on.
                          Like what? A parent that murders his/her kids in cold blood?

That's about what it takes to be "way worse" than a parent who deliberately places their children in a life-threatening situation, just for the sake of thrill-seeking.

Comment

Well the kid was never in the balloon in the first place. However one has to wonder how come no one did a check inside the balloon before it lifted off?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              Well the kid was never in the balloon in the first place. However one has to wonder how come no one did a check inside the balloon before it lifted off?
                              Helen, if you're responding to my last post, then just to let you know....I wasn't talking about the balloon hoax. I was talking about Richard and Mayumi driving their children into the eye of Hurricane Gustav. And as their iReport video shows, they were in a disaster area where trucks and other vehicles were blown around.

It's bad enough when people won't heed evacuation warnings. But to be actively storm chasing with your kids in tow...... if anyone here doesn't see any problem with that picture, then do the social work field a favor and find yourself another career. Please!

Comment

Oh mellow out...

Nobody died, or even got hurt.
                                You're flapping your wings over relatively little.
                                If it was SO bad there would be professionals on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X