No announcement yet.

What is your favorite LOCAL commercial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite LOCAL commercial?

Let's take an opinion poll. What is your favorite LOCAL commercial past or present?

I can think of a spot for Hawaiian Tel with the Cazimeros music..."I wish that there were someway, to walk across the sea..." Kind of made me misty when I used to see that.

Re: What is your favorite LOCAL commercial?

What time frame did the Cazimeros/Hawaiian Tel spots air? I remember the Cazimeros/United Airlines commercials but not HawTel. I also remember the HawTel spots that featured Peter Moon's music, circa mid 1980s.

I have a lot of favorite local commercials...too numerous to mention them all!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      What time frame did the Cazimeros/Hawaiian Tel spots air? I remember the Cazimeros/United Airlines commercials but not HawTel. I also remember the HawTel spots that featured Peter Moon's music, circa mid 1980s.

I have a lot of favorite local commercials...too numerous to mention them all!
      =====================
      Was that UAL? Maybe I'm getting senile.

Comment

Yeah, that was Peter Moon's song. Was it Hawn Tel or Sprint?
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          Yeah, that was Peter Moon's song. Was it Hawn Tel or Sprint?
          The one I'm thinking of is definitely Hawaiian Tel. My partner and I produced those spots and we pulled one all nighter in the recording studio with the music! Maybe Sprint used another Peter Moon song?

Comment

The one I'm thinking of is definitely Hawaiian Tel. My partner and I produced those spots and we pulled one all nighter in the recording studio with the music! Maybe Sprint used another Peter Moon song?
            Oh, maybe the one I'm thinking of is Hawn Tel, but it was def Peter Moon's song. I think there were 2 versions of it. One that I remember is someone (can't remember if it's a he or she) sitting on the beach looking off into the distance and reminiscing, then it cuts to a scene of the person reading under a lamp light, the phone rings, they answer, and they're like, "hey, I was just thinking about you! yeah!"

flickr

Comment

"Far Too Wide For Me".

Comment

Oh, maybe the one I'm thinking of is Hawn Tel, but it was def Peter Moon's song. I think there were 2 versions of it. One that I remember is someone (can't remember if it's a he or she) sitting on the beach looking off into the distance and reminiscing, then it cuts to a scene of the person reading under a lamp light, the phone rings, they answer, and they're like, "hey, I was just thinking about you! yeah!"
                Yep! Hawaiian Tel! The person sitting on the beach is a she and was one of eldest spawn's best friend at the time...1985! Cut to interior shot of a dorm room and "she" is on the phone, homesick! One year later I bought the house that was the location of that "dorm room"! Lots of memories from that ad campaign.

The song was Far To Wide For Me but, iirc, the song might've been tweaked for the commercials. Not sure tho'.

ETA: Glenn, did you work on those spots? (I have no idea how old you are! )

Comment

Yep! Hawaiian Tel! The person sitting on the beach is a she and was one of eldest spawn's best friend at the time...1985! Cut to interior shot of a dorm room and "she" is on the phone, homesick! One year later I bought the house that was the location of that "dorm room"! Lots of memories from that ad campaign.

The song was Far To Wide For Me but, iirc, the song might've been tweaked for the commercials. Not sure tho'.

ETA: Glenn, did you work on those spots? (I have no idea how old you are! )
                  ==============================
                  That is the correct song, but it did not sound like a Peter Moon Band to me. It had a deeper more mellow sound like Roland Caz....but then again I could be wrong. Perhaps AJ can dig it up from his collection.

Comment

I just thought of the other commercial. It featured a dad and his young son about to go fishing and dad flashes back to the days, as a child, he fished with his father. This scene was in sepia tone, iirc. When he and his son return home, he gets a phone call from his father. Same house as the dorm room scene!

Comment

Oh no, Sue, wasn't me. I'm not in the TV/film industry at all. I just remember the commercial well.

And yes, DNR55, the song was done by the Peter Moon Band (as well as by others).

Comment

I just thought of the other commercial. It featured a dad and his young son about to go fishing and dad flashes back to the days, as a child, he fished with his father. This scene was in sepia tone, iirc. When he and his son return home, he gets a phone call from his father. Same house as the dorm room scene!
                        Oh man, this is bringing back memories. You make me feel so young/ you make me feel like spring has sprung

flickr

Comment

I like First Hawaiian Banks "where I live there are rainbows" got a nice touch to this commercial.
                          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Another all-time fav of mine is "Hawaiian Electric" with Hiroshima.

Comment

Oh yeah that`s an all time favorite of mine. Can`t get a better local commercail than that!!!
                              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Working...
                              X