Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Hawaii Media > Hawaii Television Memories
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 19th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Ali`i

Default More old Commercials anyone remember these?

I was looking thru an episode of LOTTERY! from Summer 1984 on KITV:

KITV local promo of past athletes who participated in the Olympics which was a promo for Summer 1984 Olympic Coverage
BJ Furniture
ABC Comedy Special: The Earthlings failed pilot with Mike Connors
20/20 Sundays at 5pm (odd time??)
Granny Goose Chips
First Hawaiian Telephone Banking
Marsh Furniture
Muppets Take Manhattan promo for Consolidated Royal Marina 2 Theaters
Skyranger KITV 4 Helicopter with Eurthymics "Here Comes the Rain Again" music
Benson on Saturday nights
Bachelor Party promo Consolidated Waikiki 1 Theaters
Good Morning America with David Hartman and Joan Lunden at 6am

It appears based on what I have seen that some network tv shows were still taped delayed in 1984. Instead of hearing the late Ernie Anderson the longtime ABC network voice, you hear a local announcer promoting the network shows.

KalihiBoy
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Kumu

Send a message via ICQ to D'Alani
Smile Re: More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Anyone remember when S&S Instant Saimin first came out and Lucky Luck made a commercial where he prepares it using his GI helmet...way back in the day as it is said.
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Does anyone remember Kelly Hu doing a McDonalds commercial 20 years ago by chance, sure looks like her??

I just watched a Wendy's commercial celebrating 10 years on the Islands from 1987 with Danny Kalekini.

Here's another....silly Meadow Gold ad with people dressed as fudge sticks and ice cycle pops dancing around a freezer with a dark haired Michael W. Perry rapping with a boombox.

KalihiBoy
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Ali`i

A few more JEWELCO at Pearlridge Phase 2 and Pioneer Federal Savings these are from Chistmas time 1977...

Aj
Old June 7th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalihiboy View Post
A few more JEWELCO at Pearlridge Phase 2 and Pioneer Federal Savings these are from Chistmas time 1977...

Aj
JEWELCOR - that was the store located in Pearlridge #2 above Daiei, right? Where the Food Court and theaters are now.

Pioneer Federal - I banked there, after First Interstate (American Security), to get away from First Hawaiian Bank. No luck, FHB acquired both of them to reel me back in.
Old June 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Ali`i

I believe the McDonald's spot you may be talking about was with Jade Moon
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanpacific View Post
JEWELCOR - that was the store located in Pearlridge #2 above Daiei, right? Where the Food Court and theaters are now.

Pioneer Federal - I banked there, after First Interstate (American Security), to get away from First Hawaiian Bank. No luck, FHB acquired both of them to reel me back in.
Jewelcor=Yes per the description on the commercial you have the exact location. Sorry I forgot to put the "R" at the end.

Pioneer federal=Nice Christmas ad, but the tape runs out before the ad is finished, the kids in that ad have to be around my age by now.

Aj

Last edited by Kalihiboy; June 7th, 2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Luna

Quote:

Here's another....silly Meadow Gold ad with people dressed as fudge sticks and ice cycle pops dancing around a freezer with a dark haired Michael W. Perry rapping with a boombox.
I'm glad I don't remember it.
"Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."
Old December 24th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Luna

Quote:
Does anyone remember Kelly Hu doing a McDonalds commercial 20 years ago by chance, sure looks like her??

I just watched a Wendy's commercial celebrating 10 years on the Islands from 1987 with Danny Kalekini.

KalihiBoy
====================
found the meadow gold spot in a Smothers Bros show from 1988
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPcY0__GukM
Old December 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Kia`aina

If I can recall, I remember local commercials in the late 90's or so about the Hawaii Dental Association or something? I remember there was a commercial that featured a child doing professional yo yo skills and another commercial featuring a man dancing and showing his moves, as he for performed in UH Games??? I'm not sure. And I am wondering what were the names of those people featured in those commercials???
Old December 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr1652 View Post
[...]And I am wondering what were the names of those people featured in those commercials???
As a privacy issue I'll caution posting names in a public forum unless those names were either referred to in the commercial, were supered as a graphic or permission is granted!

(Hmmm...ya can take the girl outta the work but ya can't take the work outta the girl! )
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Kia`aina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr1652 View Post
If I can recall, I remember local commercials in the late 90's or so about the Hawaii Dental Association or something? I remember there was a commercial that featured a child doing professional yo yo skills and another commercial featuring a man dancing and showing his moves, as he for performed in UH Games??? I'm not sure. And I am wondering what were the names of those people featured in those commercials???
The guy was well know at the time. His name was Alan Hackbarth, AKA "Rubber Man". He did all his crazy moves at UH games, and was even a member of the football team.