Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Player's Place
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 4th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Ali`i

Default OW! Chow

And now we have the head coach putting the coup de grace into the team's head by saying openly he's effectively done because he's not having anymore fun. Just great, now that we've seemingly gotten the players to go all out all game we have the coach wimping out. Coach Mac can have his old job back, if he even would want it now, Rolo too.
Old November 5th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: OW! Chow

Norm Chow quoted Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon by saying that he was too old for this shit.
Old November 5th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Ali`i

And now he's trying to run from his words, this is not going to end well for anybody and it's going to be a long painful death.
Old November 6th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Ali`i

He can hire that bully Incognito dude to toughen up the line. He doesn't have a job now.
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Ali`i

He's at the lower end of the paid salary of head coaches in the Mountain West Conference. So, you get what you pay for.
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Ali`i

The media brings up that it's hard to defend Navy because you can't practice against the triple option offense. Then, why isn't the UH offense better because most colleges uses the read option offense instead of the pro style offense?
Old December 4th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Ali`i

Alabama coach Nick Saban against Auburn turned into Norm Chow by running the same play on fourth and short, and not having his players ready on a long field goal attempt.
Old December 4th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Ali`i

All these decades it's been Chow Chow Chow and now that he's here those same chanters want him gone now now now.
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
Alabama coach Nick Saban against Auburn turned into Norm Chow
Number of personal fouls were not included.
Old December 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
All these decades it's been Chow Chow Chow and now that he's here those same chanters want him gone now now now.
Now it's Ciao Ciao Ciao
Old December 11th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Ali`i

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=235309411

It's not Coach Norm Chow's fault.
Old December 17th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Ali`i

University of Texas head football coach Mack Brown has resigned. They could be going after Coach Norm Chow.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:05 AM
Ali`i

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=253653071

Scoreboard!
Old September 22nd, 2014, 02:53 AM
Ali`i

If you're a fan of the three and out offense. Norm Chow is your guy. Three and out, punt. Three and out, punt. Three and out, punt.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 04:26 PM
Ali`i

We have some fine coaches and players who are giving it all, but does anyone think an even better coach can get more out of the players we have now?
Flipside, we started off great against a decent team and have regressed each game since, not unlike previous seasons.
Without better recruiting we'll never reach the level we were once at because everybody else is getting better while we have leveled off, and less are worrying about the costs. But we're stuck, can't get much better without a ton more effort and success off the field and can't toss the program.
Old September 27th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Ali`i

As Yogi said, when UH arrives at an incomplete pass on the road, take it.
Old October 5th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to TuNnL Send a message via Yahoo to TuNnL
Thumbs down Re: OW! Chow

Quote:
Without better recruiting we'll never reach the level we were once at because everybody else is getting better while we have leveled off, and less are worrying about the costs. But we're stuck, can't get much better without a ton more effort and success off the field and can't toss the program.
The longer Ben Jay waits to fire Norm Chow, the longer it will take to accomplish any of those things.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
USA TODAY, page 2A
11 March 1993
Old October 5th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
The longer Ben Jay waits to fire Norm Chow, the longer it will take to accomplish any of those things.
Any thot about firing Chow is on terminal hold now with his wife in serious condition having suffered an aneurysm and in a mainland hospital where Coach has been all week. Norm may end up resigning soon, sad end to the whole thing.
Jay is the cost to our recruiting with his stupid mouth. Most everybody else still hold's Chow in high regard, his players all love him, we've seen plenty of improvement this year already, and I still want him to have another 2 years. Hawaii's so-called fans just want wins and love to grouse even when things are good (ie, slipper marks on June Jones' tail, etc.), but show little to no support.
Old October 6th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Ali`i

How do you feel about UH's offense execution?
I'm all for it.
Old October 6th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Ali`i

I missed most of the game/commentaries on radio so my game insight for Rice is negated, but overall we're getting better, we just don't have exceptional personnel everywhere on field to get over the hump, and our competition is improving so we have a lot of ground to cover and get some wins. How a top tier college coach/staff would fare with our level of players would be an interesting game to play but I think Norm and Co. are getting all they can from our guys. At least it seems they play hard to the final whistle, you can't fault them much like previous teams. Lakalaka filled in fine for our #1 back and the lines seem solid for the most part, special teams have stepped up and the DBs (usually a down side) are OK, it only takes a few missteps to lose a game. Did we drop passes again? That's been a dagger for us forever.
Old October 7th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Ali`i

If you do the drinking game where everytime UH goes three and out. You take a drink. You'll be completely wasted at the end of the game.
Old October 8th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Ali`i

Ain't gonna get better with a new QB until the USC guy get's a shot.
Old October 9th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to TuNnL Send a message via Yahoo to TuNnL
Thumbs down Re: OW! Chow

Quote:
overall we're getting better, we just don't have exceptional personnel everywhere on field to get over the hump
That’s a major understatement for a coach who has had nearly three years to recruit his own players.

Quote:
How a top tier college coach/staff would fare with our level of players would be an interesting game to play but I think Norm and Co. are getting all they can from our guys.
I’m sure they are. But let’s not play out ridiculous scenarios that would never happen. The fact is, the NCAA has made it even easier for top tier colleges to marginalize “mid majors” like UH and the deck is stacked against Hawai‘i. That’s why Norm was the wrong guy for the job! This guy is a career pro-set OC and has no head coaching ability. The pro-set is the WRONG offense for ANY mid-major, because blue chip recruits are going to seek out top-tier colleges first — dooming a start-up. Chow and the North Shore are only draw for these recruits, and his program is a national embarrassment at the moment.

Quote:
Ain't gonna get better with a new QB until the USC guy get's a shot.
Really, Ron? Really? It’s not enough we have nation’s longest road losing streak. You want us to give Chow another year?! People are already saying “screw the Title IX subsidy” and just shut down football. That, or drop down from DI FBS to a lower division.

We need to turn the page before the book is out of our hands!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
USA TODAY, page 2A
11 March 1993
Old October 9th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Ali`i

Can't say as I disagree with much there, it sucks, but it ain't all negs, it just ain't happening right now regardless who's in or what 'set' they can use. I was happy keeping Coach Mac, but the whole island always clamored for Chow and it still isn't panning out despite wholesale improvements. The school won't pay going prices for a better coach so we can compete with the bigs and the way things look it's never going to get appreciably better, probably best to lose all UH sports, if that's even economically feasible. We may be stuck in the mud, and nobody will fare well if that's the rule now.
Beside's the issues with his wife, Norm also lost his Mother in August. Timing is everything in life, they say, it seems this just wasn't his best time to take the helm. I don't see things improving unless the school goes all in to go big, and chances of that are nil even if it were possible.
Old October 14th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Ali`i

Good win for UH against Wyoming for now. Too bad they have to forfeit the game cuz sum panty guy used a laser pointer at Wyoming players.