Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hibiscus' are all grey!

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Slow meaning not much action going on this morning.
    Action? So, it is about Hibiscus the K-bar.

Comment

Hey look the sun's setting!
      I heard one guy ask another person if that was the sun on the horizon. The other person said he didn't know if that was the sun because he isn't from here.

Comment

Actually when I started this thread it was just an observation that it was a slow day for HT...that's all. Kinda like people who use Twitter...they just make random observations of themselves throughout the day.
        Craiqslists R&R and ForumsHawaii which has over a thousand users on their board at a given time have just a chito more posts in its General Topic thread than here. There's just more choices like there's more tv cable channels.

Comment

Re: The Hibiscuses are all grey!

To add my lousy two cents to this thread.

I know I have made a decision to not participate in some of the threads as I used to before. Being of a minority political viewpoint, I usually got slammed for my opinions... so I stopped.

Set up my blog(s) and vent there... and on Facebook. And of course Twitter... I maintain 2 Twitter streams.

I come here to monitor the Hawaii Media section, post an occasional photo in the photo sharing thread, read some of the computer/tech stuff, some of the transportation topics, movie, TV and music stuff and that is about it. I occasionally point out misplaced topic threads to the admin... up to him to fix em or not.

I am enjoying watching members slowly surpass my total post count. Pretty soon I will fall off from the motormouth count... I hope.

Through the years I have learned to avoid most if not all of the political threads because many got too nasty or one-sided. Let the like minded people play in those threads, that's fine.

Yes, I am old, set in my ways so sometimes it is best to stay out of the way.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
            [...]I come here to monitor the Hawaii Media section, post an occasional photo in the photo sharing thread, read some of the computer/tech stuff, some of the transportation topics, movie, TV and music stuff and that is about it.[...]
            Isn't that the point, tho', Mel...to read and post to the topics of the reader's interest and ignore those that aren't of interest for whatever reason? Seems to me you've got it right. You have a much broader knowledge of forums like HT than I, but are there people who read all the threads?

Comment

OK, I've gotta ask, what are HT "Hibiscuses"???
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

You have to view HawaiiThreads at the main index where each of the sub-forums are listed. If a sub-forum has a recent thread since the last time you entered it the hibiscus icon on the left would show a redish color.

If the hibiscus icon on the left shows a grey color then no new activity is in that sub-forum.

Comment

I'm hibernating.

Comment

good Lord it's late we should be sleeping...
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                      OK, I've gotta ask, what are HT "Hibiscuses"???
                      Thanks for asking!

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      You have to view HawaiiThreads at the main index where each of the sub-forums are listed. If a sub-forum has a recent thread since the last time you entered it the hibiscus icon on the left would show a redish color.

If the hibiscus icon on the left shows a grey color then no new activity is in that sub-forum.
                      and answering!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Isn't that the point, tho', Mel...to read and post to the topics of the reader's interest and ignore those that aren't of interest for whatever reason? Seems to me you've got it right. You have a much broader knowledge of forums like HT than I, but are there people who read all the threads?
                        Yes. I pretty much resigned from the political threads, though I might occasionally lurk but find it's not worth the hassle to post to them much anymore.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          Yes. I pretty much resigned from the political threads, though I might occasionally lurk but find it's not worth the hassle to post to them much anymore.
                          I stopped too but then again, Obama has done things that even the staunchest Democrats are wondering about. War protesters that have bashed Bush are now focusing on Obama!

But there are other things worth posting, such as the photo-sharing thread and such.

Comment

So what is the time duration between a new post and when it turns grey? Before it seemed it could go an entire day before turning grey, now it turns grey after just a couple of hours. For example as I type this it's 10:57 am

I think HT needs some fertilizer.

Comment

I think HT needs some fertilizer.
                              Get plenty doo doo in the American Asylum topics.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The thing to look for is on the upper right hand corner of the HawaiiThreads display. It is the section that says:

Any unseen threads that have it's latest post more recent than what is stated in the "You last visted:" time will have the hibiscus icon red.

Please be aware if you don't refresh your HawaiiThreads session after a certain amount of time (I don't know this value but it might be in the range of 15 to 30 minutes), it will go stale and will be considered a logout. When do a refresh to HawaiiThreads, that value changes to a more recent time and those hibiscus icons will turn grey even through you haven't read those updated threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X