Bin Laden is DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bin Laden is DEAD!

"By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      I can't believe this country is celebrating someone's death.

oh well. I expect no less.

I hope Americans realize that ideas are bulletproof.
      you will be in a miniscule minority that doesnt herald this as a landmark day in the fight against terror. eff with the USA, murder 3000 civilians, place bombs thruout europe and asia, we will hunt you down and kill you. you will be safe nowhere on earth. "we will never forget"
      the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        A friend of mine who was also at our industry mixer lives in the Red Hill military housing. She might've anticipated this problem which could be why she left the mixer as soon as she heard the news. She'd already mentioned that security was tightened for that area recently.
        There was an article in today's newspaper about increased security at army bases - now the article makes more sense.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
          you will be in a miniscule minority that doesnt herald this as a landmark day in the fight against terror. eff with the USA, murder 3000 civilians, place bombs thruout europe and asia, we will hunt you down and kill you. you will be safe nowhere on earth. "we will never forget"
          Nice of you to put words in my mouth.

We just ended on chapter of terrorism. The book continues.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

This must have been in the policy of Obama Care.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              Nice of you to put words in my mouth.

We just ended on chapter of terrorism. The book continues.

This. ^

It is odd to see people celebrating a death the way they have been. This isn't like ending a war. Terrorism didn't surrender, the troops aren't coming home any sooner, we simply killed a man. A terrible man who did terrible tnings, and arguably a potent symbol. . . but just a man.
              Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
                This. ^

It is odd to see people celebrating a death the way they have been. This isn't like ending a war. Terrorism didn't surrender, the troops aren't coming home any sooner, we simply killed a man. A terrible man who did terrible tnings, and arguably a potent symbol. . . but just a man.
                Yup. Everyone's jumping up and down as if we destroyed Al-Qaeda. We just took down its most prominent symbol. You give bin Laden too much credit if you think he is Al-Qaeda.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Mike, I totally agree with you and I think that all this "celebration" is like waving a red flag in the face of a bull. To the terrorists, this is like taunting. and its not a good thing to be doing right now.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Americans are desperate for any "good news". Hopefully this isn't the highlight of 2011/2012
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Woke this morning and read the news. It is what it is. Nuf' said.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!!!

Good riddance.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

traffic getting onto tripler is ridiculous this morning. at 6am its usually no traffic but today its backed up
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                            traffic getting onto tripler is ridiculous this morning. at 6am its usually no traffic but today its backed up
                            Does that mean the terrorists have won?

Comment

As a Military Mom, at first I was Happy. I went to church and prayed for our Country and Men and Women of our Armed Forces. Woke up this morning and am watching the Nation celebrating the death of a man who caused so much death and misery. Mixed emotions today. This is not the end by that I mean someone or several will try take his place. Since the War began in Iraq, I have not had a good night's sleep. I have two children who were injured in the Middle East so his death is a welcome one.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Does this mean I can take a tube of toothpaste on the airplanes again?
                                Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X