Chinese pastries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese pastries?

Does anyone know where to get some yummy Chinese pastries? THE pastry store (don't remember what it's called) in Chinatown next to Nam Phong closed down in the beginning of the year and now life just isn't the same...

We've bought from Patty's- it's good, but not YUMMMEH and that one shop in Manoa Marketplace-bleh. I don't know where else to go... looking for gindoi, chinese wedding cake, that banana mochi thingy, you know, those kinds of sweet, delectable morsels of bliss... anyone? Please?
    I know you are but what am I?
    --------------------------------------
    I blog:
    www.mamasdramas.wordpress.com

Re: Chinese pastries?

hi this is sansei and in response to hulagirl,have you heard of gulick delicatteson or lynn's canton in liliha square,they both have the best Chinese Pastries and not sure to much about the wedding cake's only they both have a varitey of chinese pastries.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Try U-Choice at Don Quijote, Kaheka Street location near Ala Moana. IMHO the sweets are "good" and the maunapuas and pork hash and half moons are "fair"

Comment

Royal Kitchen
        Chinese Cultural Plaza (Chinatown, Honolulu)
        524-4461
        They have Gin Doi and rice cakes

Char Hung Sut
        Pauahi St. (Chinatown, Honolulu)
        538-3335
        They might have Ip Jai

Lee's Bakery
        N. King (Chinatown, Honolulu)
        521-6261
        They have Gin Doi and various Chinese style mochi

I called Chun Wah Kam, and they said they're temporarily not doing any pastries (sweets) due to being very busy with high demand for Manapua and Pork Hash, since Libby's is closed for vacation (they'll be back, don't worry!).

Quite frankly, you need to scout Chinatown on foot to find exactly what you're looking for, but those places are a good start.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Ooh thank you, you guys! Its been so hard to find good pake pastries... we did try the little dim sum place next to the old china town pastry store and it's really really good if you guys like that stuff... can't wait to sample some of your suggestions though... mahalo!
          I know you are but what am I?
          --------------------------------------
          I blog:
          www.mamasdramas.wordpress.com

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to hulagirl,if you did try some of our suggestion's,how did you enjoy any of them? i hope you enjoyed them?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
            X