Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On-line music stores

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    I haven't been on Oahu for three years but when I was there I bought a few DVD's from Tunes. I paid with my debit Visa Card and what a mistake to make ! Not a day goes by that I don't get and email advert from Tunes. How can they do that ? I never gave them my email addy. Do they track it down throught the long number on the card ? Who knows ! No biggy but a bit of a nuisance,,,,,, like big brother is watching you from 11,000 miles away.
    Sometimes websites like that will have malware or spybots, and that can lead to the discovery of your e-mail address.

Comment

Re: On-line music stores

Let me mention Lala.com as another option.

Lala has a number of really interesting features. The first listen of any album or song is free. After the first listen, you can opt to buy a digital download or a "web song" or "web album". The web albums/songs cost a fraction of the full price and can only be played through Lala.com. Lala also has a pretty extensive major label selection, similar to Amazon MP3, and the independent label selection also seems to mirror eMusic.

Lala also has a desktop uploader. You can match songs already in your music collection with songs offered by Lala, then listen to them through the web site. The matching algorithms are spotty, but it's neat way to make your collection available if you ever forget your portable player.

I use Lala as a way to preview albums before I decide whether to buy them. I usually go to eMusic for indie stuff, and Lala for major labels.

Comment

Working...
      X