This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch today?

Am in N. California now (please pronounce it like Arnold does) so I've eaten at In & Out burger...very ono, Thai place...no can remembah da name, L&L (cuz by bruddah who lives in San Jose insisted.) He had Locomoco I had mixed Hawaiian plate! L&L not bad here in Vallejo
    Retired Senior Member

Comment

Chicken, squash and mushroom, along with char siu, with chow mein from Chopsticks Express (the Chinese food arm of L&L Drive-Inn). The wife had chicken katsu curry.

Comment

Those Crusty Dutch Rolls from Safeway bakery again, this time with Swiss cheese. I know, I should have eaten some French things in honor of Bastille Day but Safeway isn't exactly overflowing with made-in-France options.

Comment

Boneless chicken and fried rice. One of these days I would like to say that I had pizza for lunch but that might be awhile.

Comment

Frugal lunches in these days before Third Wednesday (payday for us old folks whose last names begin from N-Z). So weekend lunch has been two of those big Kaiser rolls from Safeway bakery, on Saturday dipped into beef consomme (close your eyes and pretend you're eating prime sirloin) and on Sunday dipped into Swanson's chicken broth. Too watery that stuff, should have paid a few pennies more in foodstamps and tried Campbell's version.

Comment

Black bean chicken and noodles from U Choice Drive In.

Comment

Picking up some Pork Yakitori and Liver Yakitori sticks from the street vendor off Yokosuka's "Blue" street then bringing it home to eat with steamed rice. OISHI.
                Send POI

Comment

Mmm. A Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and a Caesar Side Salad from Wendy's. At $0.99 each, it's lunch for $2.06!

Comment

I made a bad mistake today. I've actually been enjoying my "frugal" lunches of two Kaiser rolls from Safeway bakery and some kind of "dip", but I picked Campbell's split-pea-with-bacon soup option today. Ugh. Take me back to beef consomme.

Comment

L&L in Vallejo today! Had the kahlua cabbage plate! The gal that's the manager up here in the 2nd Vallejo location is originally from Salt Lake (HI) and she really likes to talk story about when she was back in HI. Her son just graduated from high school and has moved up here with her and will attend a jc in Napa. The L&L's up here are very onolicious...so if you're ever in Vallejo...support them!
                      Retired Senior Member

Comment

Summer rolls from Ba-Le, and banana tapioca for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          Mmm. A Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and a Caesar Side Salad from Wendy's.
                          Which location was this?

Comment

A "healthy turkey sandwich" from a vending machine at UH-Manoa. "Healthy" means it has a slice of cucumber, a quarter-slice of tomato and some iceberg lettuce on it.

The birds got most of it, although I did eat the cucumber and tomato, since I didn't think they'd much like it.

Comment

Mmm... the famous french onion soup and sandwich combo from Nick's Cafe in Mapunapuna. The gooey cheese! The hot, tasty broth! Why this dish is so rare in the islands, I'll never understand. Brought the family there... my wife, more of an expert than I, also gave the soup a thumbs up.

Helen: My Wendy's is the Puuloa Road/Nimitz Hwy. location, since it's very close to where I work. Finally, no long drive out to Wahiawa for my fix!

Comment

Yes I know that location, known about it since January. I was just wondering if there was yet another location.

Comment

Working...
                                X