Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB TV Tops News Ratings

KGMB new morning leader

KGMB-TV is trumpeting the victory of its "Sunrise" morning show, and its No. 1 news at 5 and 10 p.m. in the May 2009 Nielsen ratings, while KHON is touting its continued general dominance.

The rise of "Sunrise" came about in "six rating books" after launching in September 2007, said Rick Blangiardi, president and general manager.

KHON's lead as the dominant news station has been eroding over the years due to increased competition.
    Click on the link above to read the entire story.

KGMB's ratings tops the morning news, 5PM and 10PM.

Are Joe's days coming to an end at the top?
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: KGMB TV Tops News Ratings

The demise of Moore is inevitable ... the contrast between Channel 9 and Channel 2 is startling. Management seems to be willing to invest resources into the newsroom at 9 . . .

That being said, I'm not so sure that Sunrise can be considered much of a news show . . . but it seems to be something viewers at that hour are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
      The demise of Moore is inevitable ... the contrast between Channel 9 and Channel 2 is startling. Management seems to be willing to invest resources into the newsroom at 9 . . .

That being said, I'm not so sure that Sunrise can be considered much of a news show . . . but it seems to be something viewers at that hour are looking for.
      I attempted to watch it today only because they were doing a bit on the Kapalua Wine & Food Festival which I am attending again. It is definitely
      not what I as a viewer am looking for. If I watch anything like that it's
      Kirk & Kathy only usually only on Thursday to hear the ?/answer from
      Dr. Kalani Brady.

Comment

eric and i are in the demographic that sunrise seems to target--professional thirty-somethings. we LOVE the show and are glad it's doing well.

i just wish jeff booth didn't have to leave for ohio. i miss having a fellow trek nerd do the weather peppered with pretty good yoda impersonations.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          eric and i are in the demographic that sunrise seems to target--professional thirty-somethings. we LOVE the show and are glad it's doing well.

i just wish jeff booth didn't have to leave for ohio. i miss having a fellow trek nerd do the weather peppered with pretty good yoda impersonations.
          remind me, what is their demographic?

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
            remind me, what is their demographic?
            my dear leashlaws, if by your inquiry you intend to imply that relaying the news, social calendars, economic analyses, traffic and weather reports with a level of fun makes one unprofessional, you're certainly welcome to your opinion.

i, along with my fellow sunrise-devotees (who are likely to be in our thirties, work for a living, and find sunrise to be entertaining while pertinent), heartily disagree. fun and professionalism aren't mutually exclusive, and i find that sunrise strikes a good balance.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I've loved Sunrise since day 1. I prefer to start my day with a laugh and Sunrise always obliges...light, laughable and informative. That said...I MISS JEFF!!! Oh, and I'm so out of the demo range it's pathetic!

Comment

my dear leashlaws, if by your inquiry you intend to imply that relaying the news, social calendars, economic analyses, traffic and weather reports with a level of fun makes one unprofessional, you're certainly welcome to your opinion.

i, along with my fellow sunrise-devotees (who are likely to be in our thirties, work for a living, and find sunrise to be entertaining while pertinent), heartily disagree. fun and professionalism aren't mutually exclusive, and i find that sunrise strikes a good balance.
                Thanks for your implications about my question which are completely
                incorrect. I just wanted to know their age group target most things have
                one. I doubt I'm in it but don't judge why I asked the question.

Comment

That’s the interpretation I got, though from your quoting of cynsaligia, I think she assumed you were directing that question at her. In that case, I can only surmise she’s giving a wiss-@ss remark because of her implied answer to your question earlier:

eric and i are in the demographic that sunrise seems to target--professional thirty-somethings
                  Obviously, the only way for you to access the true data, would be to either subscribe to Nielsen, or ask someone (besides a production tech or engineer) at KGMB9. Even then, you would miss the consultant interpretation which is often key.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

i'm pretty sure my initial post said essentially the same thing my second post said re target audience.

if i truly were judging the motivation behind your question, i would not have addressed you with an honorific followed by "if." i regret that i've somehow led you to the wrong conclusion.

Comment

i'm pretty sure my initial post said essentially the same thing my second post said re target audience.

if i truly were judging the motivation behind your question, i would not have addressed you with an honorific followed by "if." i regret that i've somehow led you to the wrong conclusion.
                      It really doesn't matter! As a retired middle aged professional my views
                      don't matter!

Comment

[...]As a retired middle aged professional my views don't matter!
                        What causes you to say that, leashlaws?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          What causes you to say that, leashlaws?
                          Actually I got thrown off the computer and had to stop my post. My opinion
                          probably does matter as does everyone's! I'm off to join my demographic
                          at Kapalua to drink wine,eat and be merry!

I'm happy for KGMB and their ratings!

Comment

Is this why KITV is looking for a new, News Director?

Or is it just a coincidence?

Also, when will KHON stop calling itself "Hawaii's #1 News"

Number one in what?

How do you define #1?

Comment

Number one in what? How do you define #1?
                              The 6 p.m. newscast, which remains the "main" timeslot in the local news wars. I gather they can advertise themselves as "#1" so long as they've got the lead there... but I'm not sure if it'll be true much longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X