Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite day of '09!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Brian Culbertson! Whatta memorable night! And you can all get your minds outta the gutter!
    well, if he was playing music from "It's On Tonite" - then I agree with you. It would have been a night to remember!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      well, if he was playing music from "It's On Tonite" - then I agree with you. It would have been a night to remember!
      He played several cuts from "It's On Tonite"..."Let's Get Started", "Hookin' Up" and "Secret Affair" come to mind. That CD is full of sultry sounds! It was definitely a night to remember! What a great entertainer he is. Without a doubt, the best concert I've ever been to. I still have another video to edit and upload to YouTube.

Comment

He played several cuts from "It's On Tonite"..."Let's Get Started", "Hookin' Up" and "Secret Affair" come to mind. That CD is full of sultry sounds! It was definitely a night to remember! What a great entertainer he is. Without a doubt, the best concert I've ever been to. I still have another video to edit and upload to YouTube.
        ummm, I love "Secret Affair". That album gets played a lot on my IPod. I love the way it starts out very upbeat and ends on a very sultry note.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

If you're speaking on a personal level, it's up to you, Mel, to change that for yourself. No one can do that for you. On a world-wide level, mediocre sure beats 2008. For me, 2009 was better. I'm hopeful. I hope you are, too.

I'm thinking more of the bad economy and worsening political situation in the United States.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Congratulations to both MM and K for significant milestones. And SG, you one talavo ta'ahine!
            Thank you...I think?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

2009 was actually a pretty good year for me as well besides some money issues. I'm a college student going to school on the mainland so my freshman-sophomore years (07-08) were really tough on me (no thanks to my high school *cough cough kapolei hs*). Once 2009 came about I vowed to adapt, study hard and do the best I can at school, soon enough, I learned how to study and actually be a competitive student! I've also met a new girlfriend who is amazing and treats me well, got accepted to pharmacy school after 2 years of undergrad and has given me the hope and support that I will be successful in my future career as well.

Happy new years everybody. Remember, a new years resolution isn't the goal. A new years resolution is the means to the goal.
              Last edited by PBatoon; January 1, 2010, 12:10 PM.
              I hope to be a Biochemist someday

Comment

Love your story, Pbatoon. Thanks for sharing it. Continued best wishes for school and with your girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by PBatoon View Post
                  got accepted to pharmacy school after 2 years of undergrad
                  Fantastic news - which school?

Comment

I've heard SO many grumble about '09, mostly rightys that are major sour graping and I can understand that (), but I thot '09 was pretty friggin good, and that's after the first half nearly killed me health wise and financially after dealing with the swine flu and a recluse spider bite. I dodged many bullets that had my name on them, just barely.
                    It's 2010 and all I have to show for my battles last year is a fading scar, an impecably clean bill of health from my doc, truly good friends, and a new laptop/Strat/camera.

And yes, waking up in Hawaii is an awesome way to start this or any year!

May everybody on HT have an incredible 2010!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                      Mine will be tomorrow, good riddance 2009!
                      December 31st, 2009 was the best day in 2009 for me because it represents the end of 2009!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I have to agree with Ron. I know I mentioned it earlier in this thread but I didn't find 09 all that bad. Oh, it had it's down side; the major one being the unexpected and way premature death of a colleague. That tore the emotional guts out of our entire industry. And, there was the plethora of celebrity deaths, a few of whom I'd met. Still, all in all, I have a lot to be thankful for in 09. My investments that tanked so badly in 08 have regained approx. 35% of the loss. The family stayed healthy in 09...'cept for #1 grandson's emergency knee surgery; the result of a baseball injury! On the work front, I had more jobs in 09 than 08. After being dragged kicking and screaming to the world of Facebook, I was able to reunite with long lost family and high school buddies I hadn't seen nor heard of in almost 40 years. And lest I forget...I'm now the recipient of government sponsored health care! Life is good.

That said, it still breaks my heart to see all the tents on the beach along the Waianae Coast. Not as many as a couple of years ago, tho', but even one is one too many.

Comment

My favorite day of '09 was Wednesday. Every Wednesday.
                          The pleasure of playing music is good for the soul, and the highlight of every week. No matter what other stress was happening, it was a few hours of pure joy each week. Making the audiences happy is the frosting on the cake, but even if the place would be empty (which thankfully it never was) just the fun of playing with other musicians is the best high.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well every year the "Happiest Day of the Year" is 7/3, wedding anniversary!
                            2009 was 27 years

Comment

Working...
                            X