"Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

On one hand the reunion of Jin and James seem predictable in tonight's episode but it was nice.

I didn't think they spent enough time on the shipwrecked French crew, hopefully they might do more in future episodes. The new thing that got covered is that the smoke monster guards the temple. Is this temple different from the temple that Others went to at the end of season 3?

Comment

Seems likely that the four-toed foot ties in with the temple?

Comment

I wonder if Richard Alpert or Charles Widmore have a 4 toed foot (while the other foot has 6 toes)?

I am kind of wondering why does the smoke monster kill people who are away from the temple (Nadine from last night and the pilot from the 1st episode, as well as Eko) but yet didn't hurt the French team when they went down to get Montand or Montand for that matter after it got him down in the hole.

Also everytime there is a time shift there is the noise and light that comes that we the audience and the survivors see, but I am kind of wondering what the other people who are not moving thru time, what do they see when a time shift occurs?

Comment

Interesting plot twist at the end of the episode where Jack, Kate and Hurley end up in a lagoon and someone in a Dharma van pulls up to them and it turns out that driver of that van is Jin.

I guess this means that everyone is somewhere in the past.

So the following questions that get generated in this epsiode are:
          1. So what happen to Sun, Sayid, Ben and Frank?
          2. The guy in the line behind Jack at the ticket counter, he looks familar as far as he has been on Lost before?
          3. What happen to Aaron?
          4. I take it the other passengers and the plane made it to where they supposed to go?
          5. Ben being hurt no doubt means that either Penny or Desmond didn't go down without a fight. So did any of the them survive the encounter with Ben?
          6. So how come Sayid was in handcuffs and why was he been taking to Guam of all places?
          7. What's with Hurley and the guitar case?

Comment

Helen - thanks for asking those questions! I too was wondering about Aaron - doesn't he need to go back to the island too? and who was he left with when both Sun and Kate go back? and what was the point of the muslim looking guy being in the 1st class section? is he there somewhere too? Sorry for calling him the "muslim guy" but i just saw him in a movie called "Traitor" where he played an al-queda like terrorist. and also, what happened to the person Sayeed was handcuffed to?

My, my - I do love this show!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

This episode was really good. Not "best ever" like The Constant, but that's hard to top. It's like the round where the fighter is landing jab after jab, setting up some awesome uppercuts and vicious right hooks in later rounds.

And the writers paid homage to this beatdown by naming the episode "316." As in, "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass."

If you had to diagram the chronology of Lost you'd likely end up with something that looked like Charlie Brown's attempts to use a fountain pen. Present characters' actions in the past affect events in the future, which is now the present. Confusing, yes. But, oh, so delicious.

So let's try to answer some of the questions that this ep raised.

Originally posted by helen View Post
              1. So what happen to Sun, Sayid, Ben and Frank?
              2. The guy in the line behind Jack at the ticket counter, he looks familar as far as he has been on Lost before?
              3. What happen to Aaron?
              4. I take it the other passengers and the plane made it to where they supposed to go?
              5. Ben being hurt no doubt means that either Penny or Desmond didn't go down without a fight. So did any of the them survive the encounter with Ben?
              6. So how come Sayid was in handcuffs and why was he been taking to Guam of all places?
              7. What's with Hurley and the guitar case?
              1. We have to assume that, much like the crash of 815, survivors are strewn over large distances.

2. That guy must be the Sayid proxy. Do we assume he was also an Iraqi soldier? (He certainly played one in "Three Kings." He was the guy who kept asking Mark Wahlberg "What's the deal with Michael Jackson, bro?") So either he's there through Ben's manipulations, or through the machinations of fate.

3. Ghost Claire did show up in L.A. and warn Kate to never bring Aaron back to the island. So you hope that Kate left Aaron with someone and didn't drown him in a tub. But then why the whole "don't ever ask me about Aaron" deal? Kate doesn't need to bring him back, since he wasn't one of the original seat holders. But as she might be the Claire proxy on the plane, she needed to be pregnant. Which is why she got all brown-chicken-brown-cow with Jack right before the flight.

4. If the other passengers were supposed to go to the island, then yes, they got where they were going to go. You have to believe that Lapidus was going back to the island too, which means eeeeeeverybody on that plane went along too. Man, that guy pulls off more miracle crash landings than Sully. Plus, remember that Sawyer & Co. found wreckage from an Ajira flight?

5. As the island isn't done with Desmond yet, according to Hawking, he's probably still alive. Penny? Her death would certainly draw Desmond back to the island to seek revenge against Ben.

6. Sayid=Kate proxy. But how? Why? Back to number 2.

7. Hurley=Charlie proxy.

We already know that we're getting the Locke episode next week. And I bet that we see Locke come back to life. Come on, Ben's van was "Canton-Rainier", which is an obvious anagram for "Bobby Ewing". And that island loves it some Locke, giving him a seemingly endless stream of hearts that help refill his Super Mario health meter. Apparently, next week, a bouncy star falls onto Locke's casket.

Comment

but yet didn't hurt the French team when they went down to get Montand or Montand for that matter after it got him down in the hole.
                When this episode aired again last night I noticed that in the time jump where Danielle is killing off her team, Jin did not encounter any dead body with a missing arm. So another question gets generated is what happen to Montand?

Comment

Watching the 1st season finale episode playing on KGMB, the one where some of the 815 people encountering the ship Black Rock. I am kind of wondering if they would ever show how the ship managed to ended up so far inland?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    what happened to the person Sayeed was handcuffed to?
                    Don't we see her talking to someone in the preview for the next episode?

Regarding proxy does there have to be a proxy for everyone on the original Oceanic plane? I mean is Sayid is there so does he need a proxy for himself. Clearly handcuffed Sayid is supposed to mirror Kate and the marshall. So is there a Hurley proxy and another Doctor that's a Jack proxy? Plus with Hurley's 75 empty seats there will be a lot less people on board.

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                    she might be the Claire proxy on the plane, she needed to be pregnant.
                    Very interesting theory on Kate, it would be great to see how that plays out if true.

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                    Plus, remember that Sawyer & Co. found wreckage from an Ajira flight?
                    I vaguely remember this....which Episode was this in and when so I can go back and watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Opihimonster View Post
                      I vaguely remember this....which Episode was this in and when so I can go back and watch?
                      There wasn't any wreckage. Sawyer's group found a canoe with Ajira water bottles in them and it's the one that aired on February 4th.

Comment

So far the only constant seems to be that if you turn the wheel on the island you end up in a desert in North Africa.

And Ben killing Locke at the end because there is something yet to be said by Daniel's mother. I wonder piece of information was worth killing Locke over?

So far Jack, Kate and Hurley are in the past on the main island. Locke, Ben, Frank and flight 316 are on the Hydra Island, no idea when. No idea on the where abouts of Sayid and Sun. It might be that Sun went with Frank off the island on those canoes.

Comment

So far Jack, Kate and Hurley are in the past on the main island. Locke, Ben, Frank and flight 316 are on the Hydra Island, no idea when. No idea on the where abouts of Sayid and Sun. It might be that Sun went with Frank off the island on those canoes.
                          Spoiler alert!! Gotcha Helen!!
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

TG - check this out:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=16180

now, i hope that worked - never tried to send a link before
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

And Ben killing Locke at the end because there is something yet to be said by Daniel's mother. I wonder piece of information was worth killing Locke over?
                              Yeah this one had us scratching our heads too. What's up with Faraday's mom that Ben would go from begging to spare his life to killing Locke a minute later.

The other thing do you think Locke came to the realization that if he died on the outside world and then went back to island he would be brought back "alive" again? After all he found out Jack's father was dead and in a casket on the plane and now he's "alive" on the island.

Comment

Is Christian alive on the island? Difficult to tell, really. Ask Jack's opinion.
                                Nic
                                http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Comment

Working...
                                X