Jay Leno Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jay Leno Show

The "future of television"? Really? I watched a little bit of it. It looks like the tonight show at a different hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      If his hair gets more puffy, he should ask for donations and Praise the Lord.
      The bigger the hair, the closer to God.

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim View Post
        The "future of television"?
        I saw the future of television, and his name is Glenn Beck.

Comment

I decided I'd watch him every evening this week to decide if I want to bother anymore in the future. Well, he's got one more chance to change my mind. Let's see if he can do a monologue without mentioning rectum ...

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100108/...us_tv_jay_leno

A 15 minutes show of his monologue would be okay. He's not a good interviewer.

Comment

I only switch to his show if there's nothing better on. And most of the time there is.

Comment

A 15 minutes show of his monologue would be okay. He's not a good interviewer.
                I enjoy his interviews because they're more talk story than interviews...if that makes sense!

I heard an interesting factoid from Leno awhile back. He lives solely on his stand up income and has never spent any of his tv income. Needless to say, he never has to work another day in his life.

Comment

They said on the BBC News tonight that Leno is going to be moved back to a later time slot.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I enjoy his interviews because they're more talk story than interviews...if that makes sense!
                    Letterman and Carson had Youtube moments of memorable interviews. The only one with Leno that came to mind is the Hugh Grant opening question of "What were you thinking?"

Comment

The only one with Leno that came to mind is the Hugh Grant opening question of "What were you thinking?"
                      I appreciated Leno asking Kanye West what Kanye's mother would have thought of his microphone-grabbing rants.
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

The bad ratings is the curse of firing Stuttering John.

Comment

It's official -- NBC announced the changes. And according to the NBC exec, Leno will go back to the Tonight show!!!!!!!!!! :

NBC host Jay Leno is going back to late nights after a low-rated experiment in prime time, the network announced Sunday.
                          Leno's prime-time talk show, which debuted in September, "didn't meet affiliates' needs," said Jeff Gaspin, chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment.
                          The program will go off the air February 12, when the 2010 Winter Olympics begin.
                          The network is now negotiating with Leno and its current late-night hosts, Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallon, to decide who ends up with which time slot, Gaspin said.
                          The goal is to keep all three hosts, but nothing was a done deal as of Sunday, he said.
                          O'Brien took over NBC's flagship "Tonight Show" when Leno moved to the 10 p.m. slot in September. Fallon took over O'Brien's former show, "Late Night." Gaspin said the new plan is for Leno to take over a shortened "Tonight Show," with O'Brien moving back to "Late Night" at midnight and Fallon hosting a new show at 1 a.m.
                          (...)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I hope Conan goes nuts and rips the network every night. He's got to be PO'd! If this doesn't light a fire under his butt to turn the irreverent comedy torch on them full blast for some great viewing, nothing will.

I havn't watched either of their new slotted shows, but the reviews have been bad. Is NBC really this stupid? It was all good before, why'd they try to fix what wasn't broke? And Leno's show was doing good for whatever it is that came after him, so where's the beef?
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

CNN changed their story now, and it no longer says that Leno will take the Tonight Show back. At least, not right now. Conan has to make a decision in the next couple of days.
                              At the moment the plan is for Leno to go back to 11:30 (10:30 here), with Conan at 12:00 or 12:30.
                              Conan is only getting about half the viewers that Letterman gets, so... [/shrug]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Is this going get ugly between Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien? Has Leno and Letterman ever talked to each other after Leno got the Tonight Show?

Comment

Working...
                                X