• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote from the purple twins in The Simpsons

I'm so hungry I could eat at Arbys...
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Run for the Border @ 2 a.m.

Okay, so I usually try to make it to the neighborhood Pizza Hut™/Taco Bell® location before midnight. In addition to the fact that they stop serving personal pan pizza after that, druggies on bicycles tend to start dropping like flies around the restaurant as the night wears on. Also, after 1 a.m., the line starts backing up big time.

But regardless of the time, I almost always order a #6 combo (which consists of a taco and two chalupas) with beef and nacho cheese. So this night, I was disturbed to find that I had been given two soft tacos instead. Luckily, I had not yet left McCully Shopping Center, so I turned right back into the drive-thru, to straighten things out.

I explained the error, and the drive-thru cashier offered “Yes, you wanted Gorditas, right?” I looked at the menu again. “No, I wanted chalupas. There is no gordita option in a #6 combo,” I explained, quite irritated.

So I exchange my soft tacos (which I assume were actually gorditas - I’ve never actually eaten a gordita before) for what appeared to be chalupas. When I get back home, low and behold there is chicken — freakin’ chicken — in my chalupas!!!

First of all, I had initially asked for beef and nacho cheese in my chalupas... which is what I always order. But even if the drive-thru cashier didn’t ask whether I preferred beef, steak, or chicken... the default should always be beef!

What the hell are these guys smoking?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Quote from the purple twins in The Simpsons

I see KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut triumverates all over the east coast. Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins duos, as well.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        I'm so hungry I could eat at Arbys...
        Someone airlift Ron a CARE package!

Comment

Re: Run for the Border @ 2 a.m.

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          I almost always order a #6 combo (which consists of a taco and two chalupas) with beef and nacho cheese.
          You guys are killing me! Tunnl, you come and visit me and I will take you to Guacamayas where we can get some tacos and chalupas that will, how do you say it, "broke da mouf!"
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Re: Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?

Yeah there are some Taco Bell locations here where I am has both which makes it interesting. Should have Taco or Pizza instead when deciding.

Also business establishments that comes in 3's like

Starbucks
            Noahs Bagles
            Jamba Juice

Comment

Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC is the largest fast-food business in the world, bigger than McDonalds.
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC is the largest fast-food business in the world, bigger than McDonalds.
                Wow really? I thought mcdonalds is like the biggest among the fast food business. But I'd choose pizza hut, taco bell, or KFC over mcdonalds anyway. There's nothing really good in mcdonalds for me except chicken nuggets and mcflurry. Their burgers and french fries suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shredder View Post
                  Wow really? I thought mcdonalds is like the biggest among the fast food business. But I'd choose pizza hut, taco bell, or KFC over mcdonalds anyway. There's nothing really good in mcdonalds for me except chicken nuggets and mcflurry. Their burgers and french fries suck.
                  What's the hype with the McRib? It tastes like a manapua with an American style sauce.

Comment

Perhaps McD is largest when including the franchises? Yum also owns Long John Silvers and A&W aside from PH, TB, and KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                      Wow really? I thought mcdonalds is like the biggest among the fast food business.
                      Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                      Perhaps McD is largest when including the franchises? Yum also owns Long John Silvers and A&W aside from PH, TB, and KFC.
                      According to the Yum! Brands website and wikipedia:
                      Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's largest fast food restaurant company in terms of system units — over 35,000 restaurants around the world in more than 110 countries and territories.
                      However, it may depend on how you look at it:
                      McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world's largest chain of fast food restaurants, serving nearly 47 million customers daily.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Useless factoid, Yum's HQ is in Irvine and their lunch cafeteria consists of all their brands. This is where they peddle their new products to their employees as a trial center to see what kind of feedback they get. So I guess as a perk for an employee, free fast food. Downside, guinea pig.

Comment

whhhhaaat?! There is a LJS/A&W combo out there?!! Ooooooooh.
                          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
                            whhhhaaat?! There is a LJS/A&W combo out there?!! Ooooooooh.
                            We used to have one at the Moanalua Shopping Center before they tore down the old strip mall.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              We used to have one at the Moanalua Shopping Center before they tore down the old strip mall.
                              There's one in Mililani Town Center, across from Zippy's.

Comment

Nobody believes me when I tell them that the Long John Silvers/A&W employees once wore uniforms that had one side of the jacket LJS and the other side A&W.

Aj

Comment

Working...
                                X