Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What CDs or songs would you not openly admit you own or like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What CDs or songs would you not openly admit you own or like?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    W/out googling Leo...

Did you know who I was talking about "ABC & BBD"
    Ooh! Ooh! I know who!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I own Mili Vanili ~ "Girl you know its true..ooh..ooh...ohh I love you!!"
      Sad but true...I can't seem to part with it, I know one day its going to be collection item. "Worlds worst Album" or maybe "Worlds best Imposter's". Who knows? and one day its going to be worth "Mili" ons!
      sigpic

Comment

ABC BBD

Tutusue...sorry... I think were aging you on this one!
        You just confirmed what I was already thinking a coupla posts above yours!!! <sigh!>

I'll now return to listening to Lionel Hampton, Sarah Vaughan and Dave Brubeck in iTunes!

Comment

yep, I admit it...Boyz II Men. Secretly love them. Not so secretly loved New Kids on The Block. So amidst my Metallicas, Imogen Heap and Evanescence Cd's there lies a Boyz II Men CD in a clear unmarked case.....
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I still like Boyz II Men. They sang "The Star Spangled Banner" at the opening of this year's US Open in NY, but they were sans Mike McCrary (the dude with the low, low voice) who left the group because of chronic scoliosis problems.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Shackles on my feet, won't let me dance,
              Shackles on my feet won't let me stand,
              turn up the music that has a nice beat,
              Turn it up loud and take these shackles off my feet.

somebody pass around that old RJ Latest Arrival, some Zapp and Rogers, a little Egyptian Lover and its alllll good

</preps on wit' mah bad self>

pax

Comment

Did you know who I was talking about "ABC & BBD"
                Why am I thinking "the East Coast family" right about now...?

Comment

I admit to everything I own but people laugh at me when they see "16 Strokes: The Best of Billy Squier." That and my Hanson cd.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                    Good stuff man. I got their Greatest Hits CD here somewhere. Donnie Wahlberg's my favorite. I was so hoping that they'd reunite for VH-1's Bands Reunited. It's funny because the one who was notoriously known for hating on the band after they broke up was actually willing to reunite.
                    OMG DONNIE WAS MY FAVORITE TOO! *squeals* I had countless dreams when I was younger that he'd pull me on stage and sing "Covergirl" to me. HAHAHAHAHAHA! But at the time I was older than the usual 6 year old he'd pull up. I used to get so jealous. Hilarious.
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      'cause MOTOWN PHILLY'S BACK AGAIN!
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

now THAT is funny!

my first media crush was on Scott Baio (Chachi). Ohmanohmydabuggahwasfine! I coulda pound out Joanie if she was in the same room.

</dumbdidumbdumb>

pax

Comment

I blame my Selena CDs on an old girlfriend. The song "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom" still makes me smile. However, I take full responsibility any Bobby Brown and MC Hammer CDs that might be in my collection.
                          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Very good...
                            ABC BBD
                            "Another Bad Creation" BBD "Bell Biv Devoe".... Now you know.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                              OMG DONNIE WAS MY FAVORITE TOO! *squeals* I had countless dreams when I was younger that he'd pull me on stage and sing "Covergirl" to me. HAHAHAHAHAHA! But at the time I was older than the usual 6 year old he'd pull up. I used to get so jealous. Hilarious.
                              Yeah, I was a teensy bit older than 6 but I was still jealous.

And then when he played that schitzo dude in The Sixth Sense all my adolescent dreams were all thrown down the garbage disposal.
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

After decades in radio there are definitely some odd things in my collection, some of which I can blame on radio -- like a Jack Jones CD. It was purchased specifically for the song "Wives and Lovers," ("Hey, little girl, do your hair, fix your makeup... time to get ready for love ...") to play as a joke on the air. Hey, who other than a married morning radio team coulda pulled that one off?

Because of our Friday morning show, we bought TONS of disco, 70s and early 80s R&B and P-funk to play on the Q. We never did get all of our CDs back ... but I do have quite a few of them.

Then, there are CDs that I SAY we bought for the show -- like Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits. Yes, we did play some cuts on the show, (okay maybe one), but growing up back in the day, many of those songs were part of the soundtracks of Cliff's life and my life -- and they had to be part of our collection. "Could This be the Magic?" Indeed, it was.
                                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
                                X