Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 4

Looks like Hawaii News Now is looking for a weekend weather anchor and Sunrise reporter. Is Malika Dudley leaving soon? hmm...

http://www.raycommedia.com/careers/d...x?station=khnl

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
      Looks like Hawaii News Now is looking for a weekend weather anchor and Sunrise reporter.
      I think Sherrie Shima is a meteorologist.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        I think Sherrie Shima is a meteorologist.
        Yes, she is. But I thought I heard before that she's not living in Hawaii anymore ever since been laid off from the KGMB/KHNL/KFVE merger. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
          Looks like Hawaii News Now is looking for a weekend weather anchor and Sunrise reporter. Is Malika Dudley leaving soon? hmm...

http://www.raycommedia.com/careers/d...x?station=khnl
          Yes she is changing careers. Read the current edition of the Midweek. She is expecting her first child and also going to concentrate more on her jewelry business.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            Yes she is changing careers. Read the current edition of the Midweek. She is expecting her first child and also going to concentrate more on her jewelry business.
            That's a little shock because didn't she just get her meteorology degree? Though, I wish her well on her future endeavor(s).

Comment

but have you seen her jewelry? It's beautiful!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by BKHale2007 View Post
                It's been briefly discussed under the Cecilio Rodrigues thread, but does anyone know more about the circumstances of Taizo Braden's departure from Hawaii News Now?
                http://www.staradvertiser.com/busine...l?id=148825085

Comment

Watched Taizo on KHON last week and if anyone from KHON is reading this, I would kindly suggest they change the way he is framed on camera.

I can easily see his stomach and how his shirt is tucked into his pants....the angle of the shot is just not doing him any favors.

I love Taizo, btw. Great score for KHON!

Comment

Brooks Baehr has left Hawaii News Now and will be assignment editor in Chuck Parker's newsroom at KITV. Good for both . . .

Comment

I often listen to the TV news rather than watch it. I sheepishly admitted recently that until actually watching the weather report on KITV, I didn't know Cam Tran was a name and not a technology. Her Twitter handle, cited on air (@CamTranLive) didn't help. I figured it was next-generation Doppler or something.

Looking to learn more, I found her 'welcome to WMTW' feature at an ABC affiliate in Maine in 2009. Before that, Abilene and Austin TX.

http://www.wmtw.com/-/8792672/923981...z/-/index.html

I guess she's coming in as Moanike'ala Nabarro starts to do features. I also see Yasmin Dar doing more news (versus traffic or 'Social Wire'). Looks like a lot of opportunities (?) to do different things more quickly over there!

Comment

I'm bummed that Yasmin Dar is leaving:

"Yasmin Dar has been hired as news anchor at KVAL-TV in Eugene Oregon, where she will anchor the 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. news beginning August 30.
                        "KVAL News Director Sean Flanagan saw Dar on KITV 4 News This Morning while he vacationed in Hawaii.
                        "We believe that Yasmin will bring a unique dynamic to our newscast that will resonate with our viewers," he said in a memo to KVAL staff.
                        "This is an opportunity of a lifetime," Dar said, in a statement.
                        (...)
                        "Dar's last day at KITV will be August 17."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yas leaving reminds me of Maria Quiban's departure during the mid '90s. Two sweet, beautiful news ladies offered opportunities far from home.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Yas leaving reminds me of Maria Quiban's departure during the mid '90s. Two sweet, beautiful news ladies offered opportunities far from home.
                            Another one was Kualoha Taylor. I saw her on a newcast in San Diego. That was awhile ago. Is she still a newcaster?

Comment

Three sweet, beautiful news ladies...

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...+Now+-+News%29

New meteorologist at HNN who happens to be attractive.

Comment

Working...
                                X