X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National TV Ads You Like

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Whether one likes 'em or not, Apple commercials are always on the creative cutting edge.
    I like those new Apple ads too, but while they're creative, they're far from cutting edge.

From a PC World blog that I found on PZ's Google Reader page:

Originally posted by Harry McCracken
    Apple "Get a Mac" (2006): I'm not sure whether it's worth embedding one of these, since they're kind of unavoidable anyhow, but here goes. This is one from the most recent series, and while computer advertising has come a long way, the slickly-packaged gist of this campaign--that PCs are boring and unpleasant and Macs are fun--ain't so different from messages in ads from twenty years ago.

Comment

VONAGE ..... "one smart decision among a lot of stupid ones." Especially the dumpy guy rejecting the hot chick .......

Comment

I love the Career Builder spot with all the monkeys with pen lights harrassing the spokesman! Then, again, I love any commercial with monkeys. I'm easily amused!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I love the Career Builder spot with all the monkeys with pen lights harrassing the spokesman! Then, again, I love any commercial with monkeys. I'm easily amused!
          So does that mean you like the ask.com commercials too?

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
            So does that mean you like the ask.com commercials too?
            Yep...altho' I like the one with the real monkey best! But, when I watch the one with the human 'monkeys' I always wonder how many make-up people were hired for that project. I even have a framed, autographed photo of Bonzo the Chimp hanging in my office! Yes...autographed! I even got to work with Bubbles! Filming took place on a boat and Bubbles got sea sick!!! When I was a kid my dad monkey-sat a spider monkey, Choochee. Choochee hung out at my dad's studio where he got into all kinds of trouble. He and I used to play all day long. Hence, my love of monkeys.

Comment

Speaking of chimps, this is one of my all-time favorite Super Bowl commercials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnQMq5wtZcg

Comment

Love the new DOVE commercials where they take a model and put her makeup on and edit her.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_aDpmfAzxI
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                  Love the new DOVE commercials where they take a model and put her makeup on and edit her.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_aDpmfAzxI
                  Great spot...one of several. While Dove is still 'selling', it's also teaching. I still prefer Cetaphil but always stop and watch Dove's commercials!

Comment

Kind of like the current Visa Check Card Commerical where every one in a deli are doing things in an automatted fashion like clock work and all the patrons are paying for the goods via a swipped Visa Check Card, then all of it stops when one patron pays the goods with cash.

Comment

That's a clever ad, but it doesn't ring true for me. Actually, it seems backwards. I don't know about you, but in a bustling retail environment, half the time I think it's people that whip out credit cards that throw off the dance-like flow of good ol' fashioned cash.

Comment

My favorite new commercial is the one where the man is planning the vacation with his rewards card and they end up in the Antarctic and his wife is shivering with a bra on her head!
                        I die laughing every time!
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Home Depot just had a commerical where a cop in a helicopter pulls over Santa's sleigh and Santa can not find the license and registration for the sleigh.

Comment

The new Doubletree Hotel "leaf ad" commercial. Mostly because I LOVE their incorporation of the tune Relax Max by Dinah Washington.

"Stay cool, fool. Just take it easy, that's the ru-hule."

Dig it!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              Kind of like the current Visa Check Card Commerical where every one in a deli are doing things in an automatted fashion like clock work and all the patrons are paying for the goods via a swipped Visa Check Card, then all of it stops when one patron pays the goods with cash.
                              I used to get slightly annoyed when standing in line at the cash register and everyone of us is using a credit/debit card to pay and then there's that one customer that whips out the checkbook. Gotta be patient while customer writes out the check!
                              Lovena

Comment

I really like the Mercedes Benz commercial....then one where there are several MB and a snow mobile going through the snow. The snow mobile gets airborne and stops. The guys gets off and walks to one of the cars....pretty cool...
                                Lovena

Comment

Working...
                                X